Sign in to follow this  
Furied

Heroes in DD1 were $4.

Heroes in DD1 were $4.  Why are heroes in DD2 $15 or 25 dailies (estimated) worth of ingame currency?  Has this been discussed already?

@Furied quote:

Heroes in DD1 were $4.  Why are heroes in DD2 $15 or 25 dailies (estimated) worth of ingame currency?  Has this been discussed already?

The logical answer is that DD2 Is Free-2-Play and DD1 is not.

But yes, I agree that the price's are pretty outlandish as I already discussed in this thread.

@VincentX3 quote:

@Furied quote:

The logical answer is that DD2 Is Free-2-Play and DD1 is not.

But yes, I agree that the price's are pretty outlandish as I already discussed in this thread.

Oh, yeah this really does sum up how I'm feeling right now.  I'm clearing content fine because I'm all caught up on heroes but newer players ask me what they should level, how long does AL take to get etc, and I start to realize I couldn't recommend this game to anyone right now.

Seeing DD1 on the summer sale made me realize how bad it is right now.

People are so fixated about having everything immediately if you don't want to use gems just play the game for medals.

It's free to play not a charity

@Fozzie quote:

People are so fixated about having everything immediately if you don't want to use gems just play the game for medals.

the medal price is fine, but the money price isnt. its actually the price of a decent indie game by itself.

@Fozzie quote:

If prices are too high then players will play the game and use in game currency. Not a bad outcome I guess but you would think they would want to sell more heroes by cash than tokens. Hopefully after more heroes come, the older ones drop in price and they can see if they sell more at certain price points.

At first I totally expected to purchase the heroes to support the game although I won't play all those new heroes immediately. After seeing the price and realizing the price will stay I decided not to spend gems anymore.

It is totally fine with me. If more people think the same as me, then Trendy is going to have a problem. That's all some people want to point out.

As far as I remember we are asked to provide feedback; although some forum users dislike feedback which disagrees with their personal opinion. I think feedback from different point of views (including various different opinions) is the best the can happen. That's why I don't understand why it is such a problem to see other people's opinion once they have a different view.

This one of those "hot topic" issues, so people will always feel strongly for one side over the other.

The following paragraph is my opinion and does not necessarily reflect the views of TE:

As it has been stated (in many threads previously and to come, I am sure) it is a F2P game and has to make money to pay the bills somewhere. The heroes for gems ($) OR defender medals (in game) and the costumes was the best way I think this could have been implemented and I don't see this changing.

All opinions, as long as they are constructive and well thought out, are welcome. 

@chesticles quote:

The following paragraph is my opinion and does not necessarily reflect the views of TE:

As it has been stated (in many threads previously and to come, I am sure) it is a F2P game and has to make money to pay the bills somewhere. The heroes for gems ($) OR defender medals (in game) and the costumes was the best way I think this could have been implemented and I don't see this changing.

All opinions, as long as they are constructive and well thought out, are welcome. 

This is something I totally agree on. In the past there have been some great suggestions about how to make purchasing stuff more attractive but I think the TE team internally disagreed with these suggestions. (I'm sure they have been read somewhen so I assume they simply disagreed ^^)

Like I said if heroes were cheaper I would simply purchase them. TE knows the sales numbers so since nothing is changing here the numbers are ok. Personally I have no problem because I can grind medals to purchase heroes.

In case of costumes I think the way how this is being executed is not attractive at all. From another game I'm used to be able to use uniform pieces and combine them with pieces from other uniform sets. In the past that was the main reason why I have purchased costumes there. If DD2 would implement this I would already see myself purchasing a lot of costumes, maybe all of them because I love to combine stuff.

Making accessoires steam inventory items would get rid of the problem of duplicate accessoires in a quite simple way - and if some of those accessoires would be lockbox-only this could increase the income even more, I think. In my case I would even be glad about lockbox drops then.

Currently I don't think even if this was considered that it would come anyhow soon because they are not totally focused on improving the gameplay. (which is great - they have to make up for a lot of bad decisions back in 2015 and from my point of view they are doing great)

@Dreizehn quote:

This is something I totally agree on. In the past there have been some great suggestions about how to make purchasing stuff more attractive but I think the TE team internally disagreed with these suggestions. (I'm sure they have been read somewhen so I assume they simply disagreed ^^)

Like I said if heroes were cheaper I would simply purchase them. TE knows the sales numbers so since nothing is changing here the numbers are ok. Personally I have no problem because I can grind medals to purchase heroes.

what other ideas? i think selling heroes is ideal, and letting the playersbase get them buy using medal is a somewhat generous thing. but the $ price is so high. i dont see any appeal to buy upcoming heroes with money/gems.

In case of costumes I think the way how this is being executed is not attractive at all. From another game I'm used to be able to use uniform pieces and combine them with pieces from other uniform sets. In the past that was the main reason why I have purchased costumes there. If DD2 would implement this I would already see myself purchasing a lot of costumes, maybe all of them because I love to combine stuff.

Making accessoires steam inventory items would get rid of the problem of duplicate accessoires in a quite simple way - and if some of those accessoires would be lockbox-only this could increase the income even more, I think. In my case I would even be glad about lockbox drops then.

Currently I don't think even if this was considered that it would come anyhow soon because they are not totally focused on improving the gameplay. (which is great - they have to make up for a lot of bad decisions back in 2015 and from my point of view they are doing great)

while some of the costumes look actually pretty good, the price for them is horrendous. 4800 gems for a single costume?! thats nearly the price of a triple a title.

I personally believe that the amount of gems (Or the prices of gems themselves) is ridiculous. I understand that this is a free to play game. However the cost of some of these costume and characters is upwards of 30 dollars after you do the math. I would totally be willing to spend another 30 on this game... But not just for one stinking costume. That's just my opinion, but from looking around on the forums it appears that many users agree with me. 

@donCamillo quote:

@Dreizehn quote:

what other ideas? i think selling heroes is ideal, and letting the playersbase get them buy using medal is a somewhat generous thing. but the $ price is so high. i dont see any appeal to buy upcoming heroes with money/gems.

There have been some suggestions about how to improve the user experience (and in my opinion also improve the sales) regarding cosmetic stuff. Thanks to the geat lack of features in this forum I cannot even properly search for threads I have created. I used a lot of time to write suggestions and a concept about it.

What you have read in my last post is an example.

When cosmetics have been announced I took it as naturally that we have different costume pieces and I was extremely surprised (in a very negative way) that we can only use full costume sets as a whole so we pay a LOT of money to look like everyone else.

Quite a time ago [[31834,users]] even took his time to create some awesome images to show how it would look like if the hero costume pieces could be mixed. (eg red riding hood with the head of another huntress costume etc.) I think we should only be able to buy full sets but should be able to mix everything afterwards.

That way there would be so much more diversity and it would be more encouraging to purchase anything.

I also think the seamstress should sell dyes: bodypaint and armor paint

Bodypaint lets us color our heroes' skin and armor paint lets us color armor pieces. Only purchasable for gems. I am sure some players would spend tons of time only for customizing and trendy would have an additional source of income. Win-win situation for everone.

Sorry for the long post - I'll stop myself now because that would maybe go beyond the scope. ^^° Actually this topic was about the hero price and I got carried away for a bit. Well... I have no problem about making cosmetics gems-only... I really support that. I just think the current system is unattractive and should be improved by A LOT. I want this game to succeed and when the game is totally great after those revamps, it won't survive without bringing money in.

If people don't pay to support the game, it will go down the ***ter. It's not like DD2 is a massively popular game that can rely of small cosmetic purchases. Unfortunately that is not the way that free to play games work anymore. The market is saturated, and Trendy need to make money somehow, or the game will just get canned. 

If you don't like the asking price, then you can simply not pay. The way I personally see it is that the gems are a shortcut the get the hero, and the medals are the proper intentional method for genuine players. 

Unless you're the sort of person that wants everything unlocked from the beginning and frankly feels entitled to everything for free, in its current state the game is fine. For example. no one complains about games such as Battlefield having lengthy level-up rates to unlock weapons and such even though you can shortcut those with money too, and that's a full price game! 

@Dan H quote:no one complains about games such as Battlefield having lengthy level-up rates to unlock weapons and such even though you can shortcut those with money too, and that's a full price game! 

actually a lot of people are complaining about that.

and i guess most people who frequent the forums here want dd2 to succeed, cause they have fun playing the game and want to play it in the future.