Sign in to follow this  
Jojozityjo

What did you do to the dailies!? D:

Defeat 5 boss maps -_- well time for ipwr 12 maps. Having do this map for the daily I like it gets you to play a map you don't normally play but do the map 5 times.....I get bored the second time. It should be 1 or 2 times at most and the weekly should be 5 times. I do the weekly quicker than the daily, bad decision. But the new medal rate is sooo much better I can actually buy stuff instead of saving for new characters only

OK this makes no sense.

Just got today's daily and 3 boss kills 300 DM's.

Now here's the kicker my friend first got the Castle Daily, beat 5 maps for 375DM's. I told him to reroll, because that's boring as *** and now he just got one which is 3 generic maps for 375 lol.

That's so stupid.

3 maps of your choice of the same pay out compared to 5 forced maps.

Also he just got another daily which is 7 generic maps for 450 DM's.

Seriously fix this, maximum 3 maps of any map over 5 specific maps is alot better for people to care about dailies.

@Insanity Geo quote:

the new daily is stupid

no way to pick our choice during reroll, i went from 450 medals initially to 325 medals from reroll and it takes much longer to complete before the change

why the hell would you go backwards in your thinking?

may i quote some1 sentence

"dat's what the way TE give u the finger !"

@whaaaah quote:

@Insanity Geo quote:

the new daily is stupid

no way to pick our choice during reroll, i went from 450 medals initially to 325 medals from reroll and it takes much longer to complete before the change

Emoji_Skeleton.pngEmoji_Skeleton.pngEmoji_Skeleton.pngEmoji_Skeleton.pngEmoji_Skeleton.pngEmoji_Skeleton.pngEmoji_Skeleton.pngEmoji_Skeleton.pngEmoji_Skeleton.png

@whaaaah quote:

@Insanity Geo quote:

the new daily is stupid

Whaaah!

I had been playing just to do the dailies and earn my medals for buying spheres and new heroes. I had to use different towers because some were "use traps", others were "use auras", and other things that varied the play style. Now it is beat these specific maps x times and when you reroll you don't get to choose which you prefer.

These feel like chores now instead of fun. I'm not going to be doing them anymore.

@Ubara-tutu quote:

I had been playing just to do the dailies and earn my medals for buying spheres and new heroes. I had to use different towers because some were "use traps", others were "use auras", and other things that varied the play style. Now it is beat these specific maps x times and when you reroll you don't get to choose which you prefer.

These feel like chores now instead of fun. I'm not going to be doing them anymore.

Yea... It's pretty much the way I feel (And the majority of us I assume)

The only positive thing is the medal's amount. Getting 450 medals from a single daily is great! But... it's not really fun to do, it's tedious and like you said, feels like a chore. There's just no variance, only do X map X times.

Hell even as I type this, I have the game just running in the background doing Siphon Site D to get the sewer daily's out of the way. No need to even look other than to "G" every so often.

So yea, the amount is great, It should have been this way from Day 1 of the medal update, like seriously who thought that a single sphere costing 5k medals was ok when you only get like 300'ish medals a day? Hell, even a key cost's 500.... It was absurd.

This is starting to turn into a long post so I'll just say I hope they actually read all our post's and rethink the daily's. Keep the amount just put more flavor's into them. (AND BRING BACK OUR BOOSTERS! Please)
I've been saying this for over a year now, but they should really give us 3 daily's per day, so we actually have something to look forward too each day, instead of just "one and done"

If the dailies are going to stay the way they are now the medal/reward amounts need to be increased. I'm specifically referring to the map completion quests. All of them are 75 medals per map that I have seen. 

Old dailies like kill 1000 enemies with x skill could easily be completed in 1 map. I think one of those quests was 300 or 350 medals. These new dailies were supposed to have greater rewards, but I don't even feel like doing them for the amount of medals I can gain from spending a lot of time to complete them. 

On top of all that the previous re-roll system was great. The new one is extremely annoying getting stuck with a worse quest than the previous one..

The reroll and these new daylies are super bad...

Dident they once say they DIDENT wanted to force players into doing specific things and that there should be room for any playstyle? Well gess that dont count for daylies... dont force me into maps i have no chance of getting any usefull loot out of. All the daylies do now is disrupt my normal playstyle. Make them generic like kills, wins. Dont force me to play specific maps there is a reason i dont play those. 1. I outlvl ther ipwr range on the drops or 2. Just dont like them or got the special loot already.

... Just spent last hour and a half doing the "ruins" map 5 times...  on nm1.  Got disconnected on 5/5 on the last run...  *sigh*.  

Agreed. Dailies should encourage players to log in every day and stay connected with the game and its updates. Ideally, dailies should never involve substantial deviation from your usual gameplay. I'm sitting through five runs of castle maps on the easiest difficulty right now, which will probably involve about an hour of doing other things while I look at my other monitor every once in a while and see if I need to press G.

This doesn't encourage me to play the game normally. The benefit of the old system was that I could could log in every day and find an incentive to play normally (generalized objectives), or sometimes be reminded that I need to do certain things like level up pets or upgrade items. The old dailies were an added bonus that I would pick up for having fun playing as I normally would--and if I did get a daily that didn't quite fit, I could always reroll it to something that did. There are lots of games that allow for dailies which require you to go out of your way, but these are typically games that have a low time investment (on the order of one minute, rather than thirty) associated with any given objective. 

I still need those medals for uber spheres, so it's in my best interest to do the dailies, but this one is taking an hour OUT of the time that I have to play this game today and giving me a rotten time to boot. As far as I can tell, that's all the net effect of this change is--a substantial reduction in the time available for us to play the way we want to and a drain on our enthusiasm.

@Devs, I would encourage you to bring back our choice in rerolled missions and make generalized objectives more readily available. If encouraging players to experience more diverse content is really important, then keep it one run of that type/map. Maybe have daily missions always be a choice of several different objective types, like a general "clear ## maps," a specific "clear ____ once," and a side-quest "gain ## pet/item levels." The fact that the specific option would be the most time-efficient would still have the effect of promoting diverse content, and it would save a lot of disgruntled forum posts.

So I checked my daily for today. Win 5 forest maps for 375 DM's, I did that yesterday and it was boring as ***. So I just re-rolled it hoping to get win 3-5 generic maps and now it's win 3 Ruin maps for 225 DM's.

Yeah.... No thank you.

Turned the game off in disgust and I won't be playing it until I can re-roll that crap tomorrow.

Lets see here, no point in farming intensely on gear when I know passives are being changed and armor sets coming soon. Not to mention intentionally leaving loot V2.0 out on AL and EV2 which was confirmed in the dev stream, because of the passive changes.

Very bad Trendy.

It's not like the daily is going anywhere.

Oh well off to play other games in the mean time and lets see if I have better luck tomorrow.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:Not to mention intentionally leaving loot V2.0 out on AL and EV2 which was confirmed in the dev stream, because of the passive changes.

Could you tell me the minute when they talk about it in the devstream?

IIRC, the daily system was changed under the basis of TE wanting players to 'have more incentive in winning maps instead of just going into the easiest map on the easiest difficulty and grinding the daily out'.

TE, please heed these words and heed them clearly: there is absolutely no way to stop players from doing that unless you introduce dailies that pertain to certain difficulties (which I would advise against doing so because you'll end up screwing the lesser geared players). In an attempt to stop that 'problem', you've made it so much worse, because the easiest way is to still go into the map on the easiest difficulty and clearing it there, just that now you're forcing people to play it multiple times.

Revert the daily system, adjust some of the dailies, and then just leave them as is. Sometimes you need to just not 'fix' something according to your vision game or whatever because you'll only end up making it worst.

I had win 7 maps and win 5 incursions going at the same time earlier. If I could get those everytime then that would be way better than the old dailys, as I am getting rewarded for doing what I already do. Its crap like win 3 sewers maps thats pissing me off, I dont want to spend an hour playing low ipwr non-incursion maps.

Bring back boosters as reward.

As a brand new player, I don't have experience with the old dailies for comparison. So far, the dailies have been ok, but I can see how they will get stale pretty fast if they keep on repeating. A little bit of variety in the missions would be appreciated.

Thanks for the feedback! We're working on changes to the Daily Mission system based on your most recent opinions. While the new Daily Missions are increasing the amount of medals earned by about 50% on average, we recognize that there are some pain points. Right now, here's what we have planned:

• Reduce the number of maps needed to complete Dailies
  • Reduce the likelihood of seeing the "play X maps in a certain area" Dailies so those will be rarer

Some of those changes will go in this week, and some will go in the week after that. Once we get those changes in, we'll see how things feel and tweak from there.

Thanks again for the feedback!

It sounds to me like everyone that is complaining is complaining because they are forcing you to play different maps instead of letting you play the same 2 maps over and over again.  I dont think the dailies are the problem i think the fact that you only like to play 2 certain maps is.

@iamisom quote:

Right now, here's what we have planned:

• Reduce the number of maps needed to complete Dailies
  • Reduce the likelihood of seeing the "play X maps in a certain area" Dailies so those will be rarer

From my point of view the biggest issue is the reroll: Once we click on reroll we have a new daily quest and no chance to stick with the old quest in case the new one is worse. If this is intended and (because of the reward increase) you don't want users to choose from 3 quests, then please at least give us the chance to stick with the original quest in case the reroll option is worse.

Im not a big fan of monthly objectives.  I think you need people logging on every day not playing a couple times for long periods.  Make dailies that are beat 2 certain maps. I do like ideas of what would be kind of like weeklies but donth like monthlies because short term goals would be more productive.  I think the daily bonus loot system should be combined w the daily system.  so lets say you do 4 dailies and then the 5th daily you do you also get a weekly bonus.  If you did keep monthlies it should be nothing more than a vanity pet or a possible skin and no coins or medals keep those to dailies.

@Dreizehn quote:

From my point of view the biggest issue is the reroll: Once we click on reroll we have a new daily quest and no chance to stick with the old quest in case the new one is worse. If this is intended and (because of the reward increase) you don't want users to choose from 3 quests, then please at least give us the chance to stick with the original quest in case the reroll option is worse.

Thanks for the good feedback as always, Dreizehn. We're looking through the reroll feedback to see what we can do to make that system feel better. From what I understand, the system was changed because players would have been able to hit the maximum 450 medal daily too often if we gave them that many chances. Right now, the system is supposed to make you feel like you have another chance at getting a good daily if you happen to get a low roll. So if you get a medium roll, you're playing with fate, but if you get a low roll, you have a very high likelihood of getting something better.