Sign in to follow this  
Otterman

NM4 incursion Bastille with over 300 seconds remaining (With placement guide)

Bastilletimer.png?dl=0

Stats of the defenses used:

Bastille9.png?dl=0Bastille8.png?dl=0

Prison Path placement:
Bastille3.png?dl=0

Crystal Cavern placement:
Bastille7.png?dl=0

Central Corridor placement:
Bastille5.png?dl=0

Dock Side placement:
bastille4.png?dl=0

Water's Edge placement:
Bastille1.png?dl=0

Skeleton archer camp for two southwest air spawns:
Bastille2.png?dl=0

Skeleton archer camp for mid air spawns:
Bastille6.png?dl=0

For the build phase before first wave, start by picking up the mana from the prison path chest and place the proton beams how you see fit (using multiple 2 node protons allows for damage stacking which multiple nodes in a single chain does not).

Switch to Apprentice that should be decked out with the movement speed weapon, movement speed on boots and the 300 and 400 movement speed spheres, run to the Crystal cavern spawn point and switch back to EV2 for more proton placement, working your way from Crystal caverns round to Water's Edge so you cover all 5 spawn points, then start wave

During wave 1, switch to Abyss lord and start placing skeleton archers, starting with 4 at the south camp closest to the water's edge spawn point, 4 on the platform next to the Central corridor spawn point and finally 3 archers to defend the prison path spawner (Prison Path skeletons should take care of bosses and save you the trip)

And that's pretty much it! With a bit of practice you'll be able to start each wave after the first as soon as possible. Proton beams do not need to be upgraded, upgrade archers at least twice during waves (positioning yourself near them at the end of each wave so you can get a few instant upgrades in while it's impossible to start the next wave), and making good use of dragolich and hero dps to kill any bosses that survive the proton beam clusters.

Wow, excellent work. I think my record is around the 270 seconds left. That's some quick building, and I take my hat off to you sir. And lets give those slow connections something to struggle with Emoji_Kobalt.png

8B4m9D4.png

@Otterman quote:

For the build phase before first wave, start by picking up the mana from the prison path chest and place the proton beams how you see fit (using multiple 2 node protons allows for damage stacking which multiple nodes in a single chain does not).

...snip...

During wave 1, switch to Abyss lord and start placing skeleton archers, starting with 4 at the south camp closest to the water's edge spawn point, 4 on the platform next to the Central corridor spawn point and finally 3 archers to defend the prison path spawner (Prison Path skeletons should take care of bosses and save you the trip)

Thanks for those two tips and illustrations, might be just what I need to finish.  Tried a few times, just taking a little to long to place items and losing with just at the end of 5th wave.

how long does it take before you start round 1, I think im spending way too long building before starting but you are building more than me

@stuffymonster quote:

how long does it take before you start round 1, I think im spending way too long building before starting but you are building more than me

About 550-560 seconds left, I've had enough practice with proton beam placement now that I take about 14 seconds to place all the beams in a single spawner

Curiously, can we see your stats? I haven't been able to pull off anything close to this because of the lack of stats (without upgrading archers, 5 can't kill a Ogre fast enough).

@TMTrainer quote:

Curiously, can we see your stats? I haven't been able to pull off anything close to this because of the lack of stats (without upgrading archers, 5 can't kill a Ogre fast enough).

He posted pics of his Archers and proton beams in the first post ;)
But might as well tell ya, Archer dps is 43.4k and proton beams crit dmg is 40.7k with 26% crit chance.

@DKperfection quote:

@TMTrainer quote:

But might as well tell ya, Archer dps is 43.4k and proton beams crit dmg is 40.7k with 26% crit chance.

Oh, I was more or less wondering about a specific stat line that he used to get that archer damage and crit damage for Proton beams... it gives me a good goal to try to beat, considering I'm still behind the geared players.

@TMTrainer quote:

@DKperfection quote:

@TMTrainer quote:

Oh, I was more or less wondering about a specific stat line that he used to get that archer damage and crit damage for Proton beams... it gives me a good goal to try to beat, considering I'm still behind the geared players.

Well.... For archers, all you want is the passive that increase archer dmg by a maximum of 10% (max 50% combined) and then on weapon and relic you want the explosive arrows passive as well which goes up to 350% (max of 700% combined).

And for proton beams you simply want crit chance and crit dmg + on weapon and relic you want the frosty passive that gives up to 3% chance to freeze enemies hit by beams (max 6% combined).

I feel like this is a pretty good build, but it's a little less forgiving than my normal build.  I lost a few times due to ogres spawning at the central corridor on the first wave when I was still planting archers down. 

Very similar build I use, averaging anywhere from 270-300+ left nice write up man! video posted if anyone interested in seeing more of a similar build, hope it helps some one :) 

video here

@iAndy quote:

I feel like this is a pretty good build, but it's a little less forgiving than my normal build.  I lost a few times due to ogres spawning at the central corridor on the first wave when I was still planting archers down. 

No bosses spawn on wave 1 though