Sign in to follow this  
AussieMark

Super bored with the game - what happened to the new game modes?

Hi there, long time player.

I've been trying to come back each patch and enjoy the game again and again but its just the same old same old

Yes I have the two new heroes, but the gameplay feels always the same (very repetitive and grindy).

What happened to the new game modes that were meant to be added ages ago, specifically the PVP game mode that won the vote.

I've put in about 1500 hours into DD2 so far but even with  more content being added I come back less and less :(

PS. Dont get me wrong love the game but would really like to see some new game modes like the pvp one you showed us and we voted on and also a game mode where you can summon enemy waves to the opposing team and they have to defend against it

do what i do

play a bit for every time a new content releases, beat it first try and move onto another game

and wait for more content and hopefully they are not a disappointment like today's patch

I wouldn't mind pvp.

what about the idea of heroes "pushing through" the map to reach the objective rather than simply defending a core.

?

Obviously PVP should have priority. It would prolong the end-game-state of the game. The best way to do it is by dynamic leaderboards. Not overall statistics. It would make the long grind for the perfect gear worth it for quite a few players. Furthermore it should be team-based with the introduction of a clan system.

@DarkkHero quote:

No one cares about PVP in a Tower Defense Game.

Go play Halo. Emoji_Squire.png

haha really? no one cares about PVP in a tower defense game?

well I care, I'm sure many do as well. Its a lot of fun actually, they had this same gamemode in dd1 & it was always fun to play. Halo is redundant

I have to repeat myself sorry.

PVP is a lot of things. The most rudimentary form is comparison of stats. For this game I think simultaneous onslaughts that gets all the time harder would be a good idea, the winning team "survives" for the next challenge against another team. Think of a soccer cup. The more advanced and A LOT more difficult approach is to have the teams in the same map spawning enemies against eachother. Anayways as of now the only gauge we have to measure against other players is ipwr which only measures the amount of time u spend on the game.... not good.

@JD_0706 quote:

Obviously PVP should have priority. It would prolong the end-game-state of the game. The best way to do it is by dynamic leaderboards. Not overall statistics. It would make the long grind for the perfect gear worth it for quite a few players. Furthermore it should be team-based with the introduction of a clan system.

I agree with this 100%. I would LOVE a PvP system.

Even if it wasn't players in a game vs each other. 

Just a simple Leaderboard with fastest time for each map, or of highest ILVL for each Class.

This would drive me to play more (and play all the maps!) and look for perfect gear. 

Unfortunately in the games current state, everything is far to easy and my random rolled gear is already plenty and no need to upgrade it.

I can't see any downside to a LeaderBoard.

@BarefootNate quote:

@JD_0706 quote:

Just a simple Leaderboard with fastest time for each map, or of highest ILVL for each Class.

This would drive me to play more (and play all the maps!) and look for perfect gear. 

Unfortunately in the games current state, everything is far to easy and my random rolled gear is already plenty and no need to upgrade it.

And for cryim out loud it is such basic programming that they could even hire me as a consultant for it: LEADERBOARDS!!!!

@JD_0706 quote:

@BarefootNate quote:

@JD_0706 quote:

And for cryim out loud it is such basic programming that they could even hire me as a consultant for it: LEADERBOARDS!!!!

Go post this in suggestions forum.

No idea if it has been mentioned before, but has me excited just talking about it.

Could even sort the Leaderboards by Heroes used, and this would push me to use unconventional builds. Not just EV and AL.

Exactly what I need to make this game fun again, great idea.

I couldnt care less about pvp tbh. 

I can't see a way of making it at all interesting and not clunky. 

@BarefootNate quote:

@JD_0706 quote:

@BarefootNate quote:

@JD_0706 quote:

Go post this in suggestions forum.

No idea if it has been mentioned before, but has me excited just talking about it.

Could even sort the Leaderboards by Heroes used, and this would push me to use unconventional builds. Not just EV and AL.

Exactly what I need to make this game fun again, great idea.

This guy iamisom is REALLY fast at replying on forum so I guess they have read it even though they dont officially aggree.... But you guys being american kapitalist pigs n'all LOL end-game-longevity=CASH and I aint talkin about Johnny

I would hate to see them implement a new Nightmarewhatever.

I would much rather see more variations in how we play the game.

• We have a difficulty scale Campaign-Freeplay-Nighmare
  • We have variation in characters with more on the way
  • We have maps could certainly use more in the future
  • We have a loot system still waiting on the damn UI overhaul
  • WE GOT SKINS yea the skins are great, just... lay off with the skins for a bit...

--------------WE ONLY HAVE ONE WAY TO PLAY IT--------------

In my opinion what we need is more ways to play DD2. What we need is...

• PVP
  • Maybe more enemy types?
  • Pure Strategy
  • Hardcore Mode
  • Survival Mode the s**t we have currently don't work
  • LeaderBoard/Competative? system
  • Boss Rush
  • what was it called in DD1??? assault-something??
  • or that s**t where you chased the core around the map, that was cool.

We need more game-modes, at least i think so. i honestly don't care what it ends up being so long as its a change of pace...

EDIT: or just chairs.

@JD_0706 quote:

PVP is a lot of things. The most rudimentary form is comparison of stats. For this game I think simultaneous onslaughts that gets all the time harder would be a good idea, the winning team "survives" for the next challenge against another team. Think of a soccer cup. The more advanced and A LOT more difficult approach is to have the teams in the same map spawning enemies against eachother. Anayways as of now the only gauge we have to measure against other players is ipwr which only measures the amount of time u spend on the game.... not good.

We don't have plans at the moment for a PVP game mode, but leaderboards and a scoring system are on our long-term roadmap. 

errmm but it was already announced? and we voted for it in the weekly vote.

It was one of the most popular votes and was mentioned that it would be implemented shortly (long time back now).

#confused

@iamisom quote:

@JD_0706 quote:

We don't have plans at the moment for a PVP game mode, but leaderboards and a scoring system are on our long-term roadmap. 

@AussieMark quote:

errmm but it was already announced? and we voted for it in the weekly vote.

It was one of the most popular votes and was mentioned that it would be implemented shortly (long time back now).

#confused

@iamisom quote:

@JD_0706 quote:

I don't think it was ever announced. They always stated they don't have any plans for PvP.

Actually they said they would take the 3 most popular vote results from the influence week into consideration, which they did. 

Can you please provide a link where it was announced, in case it was written down anywhere. If it was in a devstream it could be a problem with communication or eventually somebody answered a question unclear.

@DarkkHero quote:

No one cares about PVP in a Tower Defense Game.

Go play Halo. Emoji_Squire.png

Did you never see how active PvP was I  DD1? That was super popular!

@JD_0706 quote:

I'd love that!!