Upcoming Hero Balance Changes

@It's Super Effective! quote:

Anyone else having problems making shorter EV2 beam? for me the game tells me that my E key is Unbound, even though I already checked and rebound it.

I had the same problem with EV. You need to set everthing to default setting by using that option in the control menu and than set everthing els to what you are using now. Worked for me.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I haven't see addressed is that the abyss Lord flaming knight sphere is not working properly. It is only doing about 20% of what it should plz fix. Other than that great update and I look forward to the gun witch and seeing my wall Heath again.

PS seriously bring that wall Heath back soon lol but really bring it back. 

@the1&onlySavage quote:

One thing I haven't see addressed is that the abyss Lord flaming knight sphere is not working properly. It is only doing about 20% of what it should plz fix. Other than that great update and I look forward to the gun witch and seeing my wall Heath again.

PS seriously bring that wall Heath back soon lol but really bring it back. 

On a side note forgot to bring up that the ramster knight is also only attacking at 1/3 of the speed it should would like to use it but can't do to suckage. Plz fix and keep up the good work.

Please Trendy, you should reconsider the uber spheres. Despite the Huntress uber, the other ones are garbage. Why im going to waste 5k medals in Uber Spheres if i just can use my Archers for everything.

Also , Flameburst needs more atk spd, Ballista as well. They dont need atk power, just a better atk spd.

And Talking about apprentice it seems that he even get buffed, cos his Flameburst still ***, Flamethrower doesnt worth 5k medals, shield so weak and Earthshatter so slow. So he continues to be the frost tower hero, just it.

Don't worry! Towering poison may be gone, but a new , better, and more powerful passive awaits for PDT. :'D

@casmiel quote:

Poison Dart Build (Requires Reroll)

• Towering Poison removed from the game

; (
Good night, sweet princess. That was my favourite build, I loved the "stealth wall" effect, where all the ranged mobs ran up to the tower because of its low aggro before noticing it actually has 440k HP. Good times : (
But there are a couple of nice things coming as well I guess! Does the Poison Dart Tower get a new passive instead of Towering?@

@Skycat

Sadly, yeah.

@Keijii quote:

Smaller serenities now? With the removal of the passive from amors besides gloves? 

[[69319,users]]

^Not necessarily

• No longer appears on Helms, Gloves, or Chests, only appears on Gloves

Values for gloves adjusted accordingly

And even if they end up being smaller, the slow is getting buffed. 

I hope so. But from what I've seen and told, gloves had 15% max value.

@Soulstiger quote:

^Not necessarily

• No longer appears on Helms, Gloves, or Chests, only appears on Gloves

Values for gloves adjusted accordingly

And even if they end up being smaller, the slow is getting buffed. 

iamisom

If any changes are made in addition to / instead of the items listed here, will it be announced before the patch or day of?

All I see is like you are making it easier to farm armors, parts and all that... this is getting more like DD1, where you could share all your armors, already don't like, I prefer the need to farm by class, like an RPG where you need to farm mage clothes or paladin armors

@Moogle quote:

i thought that the archers were like 8 times stronger than the other classes towers. arn't these boost a bit low than because im realy hoop that i can build cannons again that are doing  a good amount of damage on nm4 inc. 

Yup, the cannon and ballista buffs along with the skyguards "slight" buff are way to low to replace archers. I dont think they realize how strong archers are with their long and wide double sided range, high single target damage, fast attack speed, and decent aoe damage as icing on the cake.

New buffs will be fine for messing around with now, but they better get serious about these buffs by the time the revamp comes or it will probably be back to spamming archers. Which would be unfortunate because id really like to use those 3 towers.

I don't understand: I heard people say the devs were planning to entirely revamp the monster's difficulty since right now the game is way too easy, even on NM. But here I read they're BUFFING the heroes?

So what's the plan? Are they going to revamp the monsters still? Because right now the game feels so easy it's broken :(

@keyy<3

Yeah, they did have a cap of 15% So did all the other pieces. So, if they adjusted the values accordingly it'd have to be higher.

@Snowcat quote:

I don't understand: I heard people say the devs were planning to entirely revamp the monster's difficulty since right now the game is way too easy, even on NM. But here I read they're BUFFING the heroes?

So what's the plan? Are they going to revamp the monsters still? Because right now the game feels so easy it's broken :(

Yes, they are buffing the old heroes to bring them up to the new heroes levels. Though, this is more like a bandaid fix for now. 

They are also working on the strategic revamp which will bring the enemies up to the new heroes level. The reason this patch is happening is probably due to the amount of whining about "pay to win" with the new heroes, that are available for free, and the concerns about the lack of build variety due to Protons and Archers outclassing everything else.

Edit: Plus, if you don't like a hero you can always just not use them :p

So with all these buffs for the original heroes, are the enemies gonna get a buff too or are they gonna stay as they are?

@Shadow 1924 quote:

So with all these buffs for the original heroes, are the enemies gonna get a buff too or are they gonna stay as they are?

Did you really open your mouth & ask a question that was answered in the post RIGHT BEFORE YOURS!?

@Madmanblazing quote:

@Shadow 1924 quote:

Did you really open your mouth & ask a question that was answered in the post RIGHT BEFORE YOURS!?

Lol

So some or all of my gear will be changed once the update drops?.............you have to be kidding me, I wont grind another 600hrs to get top lvl gear.... *sigh*and here I was farming medals, glad I saw this thread.

I hope.... That the reroll can factor in the current stats.  For example... If you already had 15% serenity aura passive on a glove, and the new max is say... 100, then it should reroll somewhere between 90 and 100...  Not completely random.

I hope...

@sgof quote:

I hope.... That the reroll can factor in the current stats.  For example... If you already had 15% serenity aura passive on a glove, and the new max is say... 100, then it should reroll somewhere between 90 and 100...  Not completely random.

I hope...

I don't think so, from what I've seen the update is just a hidden wipe, good luck to TE that's a big gamble.

The only ones that are happy about it are the gimps, they need everyone else to be as gimped as they are, every update they are the ones screaming to stop afk players or that the game is too easy. Oh well time will tell if this was the right move or a horrible mistake.  

@Tiamat quote:
@sgof quote:

I hope...

I don't think so, from what I've seen the update is just a hidden wipe, good luck to TE that's a big gamble.

The only ones that are happy about it are the gimps, they need everyone else to be as gimped as they are [...]

Strangely enough.. changes like this mean the game is moving forward, which is very fine by me - especially considering the alternative. A wipe is not a gamble (although they did say there would not be any more), as wipes are part of Alpha life. If they gotta do it, they gotta do it.

I'm betting there are going to be more changes/wipes after this one. So you're going to farm all new gear and they may change it again. That's what happens during development of an unfinished game. They make a change, we test, play, and give feedback. Doesn't matter what the change is - gear passive wipe, uber reset, stats redesign, tower power increase.. change/reset, play, test, feedback. Rinse, repeat. 

These steps taken one by one are all part of an overarching strategy to finish the game. They can't put all changes in at once. This does not sit well with some - they want in to play a game as soon as possible but don't really understand that a game is not finished yet. When there are big changes still to be made, it might be better for those type of people to sit out until the game releases, since having to redo things appears to make them cranky.

Wow, that changes about the squire/knight class.

It looks he got buffed into maximum, but he is supposed to be a tank and have his barriers building to have alot of HP.

I dont know if its good to other player tho.

@Tiamat quote:

@sgof quote:

I hope...

The only ones that are happy about it are the gimps, they need everyone else to be as gimped as they are, every update they are the ones screaming to stop afk players or that the game is too easy. Oh well time will tell if this was the right move or a horrible mistake.  

I don't know where you got the idea that it will be a wipe.... A wipe means that you start back 0....whether level 0 hero or level 0 items, etc. They have clearly stated that when the Loot changes, you could have higher passive stats or lower passive stats. This is not a wipe. Some passives are going away, yes, but others will changed & put onto 1 item. I hope all of my SA area boosts will get rolled onto 1 item with a close to similar amount of the total added up. We will see. But, in no way is this a wipe.

What's meant by this sentence? "Any passive changes regarding the Abyss Lord or EV2 were not intentional"

So are there any changes gonna happen to the new heroes?