Sign in to follow this  
Zkurcrow

Bastille, Touche Trendy

I run out of time, I can solo and get to wave 3/4, but...

Currently, the map is making me play recklessly, which is great, it means I need to build really well and know what I'm doing going in. I actually really like this map because it's actually challenging me to use different strats.

I'm surprised this map is an iPwr 1100 map when it easily deserves to be 1200+, you don't have time to upgrade towers to win the map, everything needs to be done on the fly...

It might be viable, if solo to make a character specialized in upgrading.

I did it after 3 goes but it was very tight with only 15 seconds left when the boss waves last little fooking skele went down.

One thing if you get Malthius as your mini boss during one of the waves you are right up the swany.

Nice to have that feeling of something that is quite tough to beat.

Please lower the Bling King timer a lot

Please speed up the Spectral Knights

For some reason when I hit the boss and die cus of reflect damage, the core also dies..

Edit: I didn't realize it was 4 death within the group, thought it was personal deaths :p

We must have all failed then haha :)

I literally don't even place a defense before hitting start to be as efficient as possible and still only have 40 seconds to do wave 5 so I run out of time every time. Fozzie give me the secrets. NM4 Incursion.

In my deck I have:

DPS Apprentice with halberd and both hero speed spheres

Serenity Monk

Archer Abyss Lord

Proton EV

As soon as you open chest go to furthest spawn with your fastest hero, place serenity proton and 4 archers

Repeat at each far spawn points, you must spawn kill or you won't have time.

At crystal three sets of 4 archers one on each stairs. Proton outside of two close spawns

Use the map as much as possible and spawn kill em all. I have got it up to 35 seconds left now much less of a feeling of rushing. I expect with some mates it would be really easy. 

I thought I'd need to be spawn killing to make it. Thank you for the help. Now if only I could get EV2 to be able to place anything. None of the fixes have worked.

beat the map on my first try

ended up with 30 seconds left

died once

2nd time running the map

beat it with just a bit over 60 seconds and died 0 times

@Panzar quote:

I thought I'd need to be spawn killing to make it. Thank you for the help. Now if only I could get EV2 to be able to place anything. None of the fixes have worked.

Go to controls and default everything while in tavern. That fixed it for me.

@TMTrainer quote:

@Panzar quote:

Go to controls and default everything while in tavern. That fixed it for me.

i shall try that

Finished first try with 6 seconds left :P Then next try i finished with 74 seconds left

With 1 friend we can duo it and have around 260 seconds left when done with wave 5.

not as challenging as i hoped, but it's the only map where i actualy enjoy solo play :)

Ugh finally completed it with:

Squire waller, Monk SA, Monk LA and Air Guard, Apprentice Frosty, Squire DPS.

was a bit tricky due to my slow run speed, lost a lot of time running to build.

@Zkurcrow quote:

Have not failed a map solo in a while, thank you :)

Agreed! Just failed my first attempt and am so happy about it :)

After some attempts I finally did it with SA, squire walls, archers and beams and a fast team. After that, even if i had the magnificent "Super loot Bonus" i got just the new weapon with 680(something) ipwr and some stats i didn't checked. Did it 3 more times and never seen the helmet. The (good) loot drop is a joke, exactly as Bling King's.

I HATE that this timer runs through build time. Does not allow you to have enough to to maintain all lanes, upgrades, and continue and doing this in a lobby frustrates me because people fail to grasp that when that timer goes out, its automatic loss... and I don't know how they expect me to finish waves in a few mins or less each. If it paused during build phase, I could live with it. I like they are challenging us, but combining timer with build & combat phase just aggravates me.

there's no excuse to not being able to finish with still time left over

because i certainly already have accomplished with more than a minute left

@Insanity Geo quote:

I suggest you try it out without EV2 or Abyss Lord. It is still doable, but I would say a lot harder. I managed with a monk build with about 60s remaining, but it took some tries to actually manage it.

I am also pretty sure, its a nightmare in public, Normally I would say public games are easier, but with this map the failure to build correctly at the start would eat up too much time that would not be made back by the +3 dps. Once people understand the map, im sure it will get easier however.

@Zimmermann quote:

@Insanity Geo quote:

I suggest you try it out without EV2 or Abyss Lord. It is still doable, but I would say a lot harder. I managed with a monk build with about 60s remaining, but it took some tries to actually manage it.

I am also pretty sure, its a nightmare in public, Normally I would say public games are easier, but with this map the failure to build correctly at the start would eat up too much time that would not be made back by the +3 dps. Once people understand the map, im sure it will get easier however.

i tried it without archers or protons

didnt try it with proton beam because of the E issue

theres a build i managed to reach victory without archers at all with having only 20 seconds left

@Insanity Geo quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

@Insanity Geo quote:

i tried it without archers or protons

didnt try it with proton beam because of the E issue

theres a build i managed to reach victory without archers at all with having only 20 seconds left

Archers and EV still make a big difference.

But I have a nice monk build. I use squire wall, 2x monks, 1x apprentice (slow) and dps squire. even making some mistakes, its quite easy now. but a lot of rushing and specific build order at the start.

But its really enjoyable now that monk finally has some damage, but i still think proton is stronger, and archers have more utility and damage then monk anti air.