Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

[Early Access] The Buried Bastille (13.5) Notes and Discussion

The Buried Bastille is now live on both PC and PS4! From this point forward, our goal is to have the PC and PS4 releases be no more than a week apart!

Here are the full patch notes:

Features

• New Map -- The Buried Bastille:  As selected by you in our Influence Vote, we’re releasing The Buried Bastille in this update! This sprawling, ancient prison is a remake of DD1’s Glitterhelm Caverns. Four cores lurk in these shadows for you to protect. The Buried Bastille is the biggest map released in Dungeon Defenders II to date, so we’re eager to see how you feel about its size and complexity.

• New Incursion -- The Bastille Master:  It’s a race against time to kill all of the enemies in The Bastille Master Incursion! Not only is time and the size of The Buried Bastille working against you, but you only have a limited number of lives, too!

• Improved Daily Missions: In our last update, we introduced Bonus Missions as part of our ongoing effort to increase the earn rate of Defender Medals for all players. In this update, we’re doing two things. The first is improving the Daily Missions themselves. Our Daily Missions will now be about winning a certain amount of maps (some with extra provisions, some without). No more Daily Missions like “Ignite X Enemies” or “Gain X Pet Affection Levels.” It’s all about winning and being rewarded for winning. Play how you want to play and get rewarded for it -- unless how you want to play is to lose, in which case, we’re sorry. The second thing is...

• Temporary Change -- Increased Daily Mission Payouts: For the next two weeks, we’re increasing the amount of Defender Medals gained to 225 - 450 Defender Medals apiece. We’re going to pay close attention to the number of people completing Dailies and how these new reward amounts are affecting the Medal earn rate for all players. So please login, play with the Daily Mission changes and let us know on the forums how you feel.

• New iPWR 750 Apprentice Weapon -- The Ghastly Halberd:  If you complete The Bastille Master Incursion, you’ll earn the new Ghastly Halberd Apprentice weapon! Using this weapon turns the Apprentice into a ghost, reducing damage taken by enemies from 35%-90%! Using the alternate fire of the weapon will spawn a variable number of halberds that will attack nearby enemies.

• New iPWR 750 Helmet: This Incursion will have a chance to drop an iPWR 750 Helmet from the Victory Chest.

• New Apprentice Elemental Variant Costume -- Guardian of the Dead: The Apprentice is joining the Monk and the Huntress in getting an elemental variant costume of his own!

• New Steam Pack:  The Hero Army Pack:  The Hero Army Pack arrives later today! Now you can complete your roster with an incredible collection of our newest playable Heroes with multiple high-end Costumes in one mega-package!

• Other Changes:

• Summary Screen will now display Defender Medals earned from Daily and Bonus Missions.

• Summary Screen will now display XP gained from Daily Bonuses.

• June 22nd is your last chance to get the Collector’s Pack on Steam!

• When you reroll a Daily Mission, a new Daily is automatically selected.

General Bug Fixes

• Fixed a crash that would happen while inspecting another player’s Hero Deck.

• Amped Up, Snowstorm, Curse of Weakness, Envenom and Breaker are now working properly. These were previously doing the opposite of their intended function (e.g. Amped Up was decreasing attack rate instead of increasing it).

• Fixed a visual bug where Hearty Blockade was dropping at 0%.

• Fixed an issue where Panic Fire was unintentionally working for the Proton Beams. (Press Your Luck works for now but will get disabled in a future patch. Please let us know how Proton Beams feel now.)

• Bling-O-Midas enemy hit VFX should now be properly golden and not some weird muddy color.

• Bling-O-Midas projectile VFX now properly matches the width of the bow’s cone of damage.

• Fixed an issue where Defender Medal purchases during a round were being tallied on the Summary Screen.

• Fixed an issue where Wyverns were getting stuck in the Dragonfall Bazaar Market Skies air lane.

• Proton Flame Charge Skill Sphere now properly adds extra damage.

• Fixed some issues with NPC dialogue and tutorial dialogue.

• Fixed an issue where the Abyss Lord’s towers would remain on the Create Hero screen.

• Fixed more collision issues with EV2’s Death From Above ability.

• The Bling King now idles after he destroys the Inn, peasants!

• Fixed an issue where the Ranged Goblin’s attack trails were showing up as grey boxes.

• Fixed an issue where some Huntress bow attacks were showing up as grey boxes.

• When swapping accessories for the Mantis Striker costume while a canister is equipped, the new accessory will now properly conform to the color of the canister. #peerpressure

PS4-Specific Bug Fixes

• Added a potential solution for the War Table bug where players will only see the first map.

• Fixed an issue where the cursor would go back to the top of an item category in the Inventory when the “Are you sure” confirmation box popped up.

• Fixed an issue where players could not cancel the Level Up pop-up box.

• Fixed an issue where locking items in the Inventory accessed from the new Esc menu caused the cursor to jump randomly.

Known Issues

• The Run N’Gun Skill sphere is not increasing movement speed when used.

• Multiple Ogres spawning in the same lane can cause ogres to walk over barricades.

• Idle Flow is currently not slowing enemies.

• In the Esc menu, some playlist will not display the correct difficulty in the top left corner.

• (PS4) Some PS4 users will not see the correct icon for placing EV nodes (Square is the correct button to place the node). Issue will be resolved in a future update but can, for now, be resolved by reinstalling the game.

• (PS4) Tooltips won’t updated correctly when item lists are long enough to scroll.

• (PS4) Selection cursor jumps to random places when purchasing accessories in the costume shop.

PS4 players also received the Series EV2 hero and The Bling King update!

@iamisom quote:
  • Fixed an issue where Panic Fire was unintentionally working for the Proton Beams. (Press Your Luck works for now but will get disabled in a future patch. Please let us know how Proton Beams feel now.)

In my opinion, I feel like removing these two spheres from functioning is a mistake, at least within the current context of a builder EV. Other than these two spheres she doesn't have any other spheres or passives (that I know of) that effect proton beam. Removing both of these spheres from working (which I don't understand) will make her entirely useless as a builder.

If her primary damage defense was not supposed to be proton beam and she is supposed to use her other  beams in combination then I feel that the DU cost of all of her other defenses needs to be lowered. None of them are worth their cost, and if you remove the damage from proton beam, proton beam will also not be worth the cost.

Personally, I REALLY love the idea of a builder EV, but as it stands it is not a viable thing to have, especially if you disable her only two spheres that helped proton beam.

Just my 2c

TrendyEnt 

Fixed an issue where the cursor would go back to the top of an item category in the Inventory when the “Are you sure” confirmation box popped up.

--------

This is not fix on the PS4 plz fix it ..... 

if u do not fix it u will lose player like me and my friend that put $500+++++ in this game

------

Edit: Resetting to defaults in options and clicking apply twice seemed to have fixed it, now it says my activate key is unbound in options but it works in game. 

Since this patch I can't finish placing EV towers, the game tells me I have no key bound to the action, but I do (letter E):

46C527BD2912B022D1CE415205B92CD9B81C2FB3

BAE31203931E8CFDD7AB1F1C3D3A68E8F912EDE1

No mention of the stealth changes to the 4 Main heroes?

Also, Agreed with lunix57,  either lower DU cost of EV2s other beam defenses, as it stands they are overpriced and not worth it, and fix the tower attack rate so that any more than 1 point will also buff the proton beams, because as it stands, they only gain a bonus from 1 point. Keep panic fire and press your luck in, as they are EVs only spheres that affect her primary damage towers. It's also worth noting that it would be more viable to alter reflect beams to the DD1 variant, instead of what we have now.

I don't think I like the daily mission rework. The problem is I was already BARELY wanting to play DD and these new missions make me want to play even less. I also loath the reroll as you can't pick anymore and I liked the option of picking something that was more interesting to me. The big problem is the new dailies just feel more like a grind. So today is get 5 castle maps, tomorrow I 3 incursions and the next day I get 5 more castle maps then I have 13 maps I don't want to play to get any medals that is worthwhile.

Could I get my 2 dailies back? They seem to be gone. Replace is a great word, but mine were removed.