Sign in to follow this  
MalenkoMC

What do I have to do?!?!? (Chest Rant)

So here I am trying to solo for my Daily Bonus so that I can get that out of the way.  I'm doing NM4 Incursions for all 5 maps.  So far on this run, I have done: Gates, Ramparts, and Crossroads.  On ALL 3 MAPS, I have gotten a Mythical chest?!?!?!?!  WTF?!?!?!  What do I have to do to get a Legendary Chest?!?!?!  I can't kill anymore, it has to be more than RNG!?!?!  

So what is it?  What else can I do to improve my chances because these 3 runs were just a waste of time to me.  I don't understand how I am doing the HIGHEST level of map and getting worthless gear as a reward for completing it!

I think it is time for Loot 3.0 or just a change to 100% chance for Legendary chests on NM4 Incursion maps.  That's really the only acceptable reward for these maps, imo...

That's why no-one runs those maps, the BIG FU from a mythical or lower chest.

So EVERYONE runs Littlehorn or Catacombs, which guarantee legendary chestsand the small chance of a 750 drop.

Hopefully it is something they will change on all Incursions.

Yep only leg chests should come from nm4 maps or at least up the leg chance, I HATE getting a green/blue chest on nm4, mythical too as it has no value either but I would rather see legendary chests, mythical chests, but blue and green needs to get replaced with like a Gold chest ($$$) that has like 100k in it, or a pet chest that drops a lot of food and reroll and a pet sucker in the boxes but for god sake get green and blue chests out of "end game"

Even if you got a gold chest, it would still be a waste of time. Do the 5 easiest and quickest incursions. The game will be revamped and you might (very probably) lose a lot of things since things are getting redone (things you have now are very probably obsolete). Just get those DM as they will never be removed, or if they do, will give you some kind of reward in exchange.

Game shouldn't give out legendaries like candy just because you completed a map.  Lol
It wouldn't be so enjoyably rewarding if the highest tier gear just dropped every time.

My gear is not even good enough to do NM4 incursions successfully every time. I have to get lucky and I STILL never get upgrades. The RNG is pretty jacked up right now. I quit trying to get gear because it's just painfully not fun. So I just pug and chat it up with nice people.

@Nhon quote:

Game shouldn't give out legendaries like candy just because you completed a map.  Lol
It wouldn't be so enjoyably rewarding if the highest tier gear just dropped every time.

So I should not be rewarded the HIGHEST POSSIBLE Chest reward for completing the HIGHEST POSSIBLE Maps?  How does that make sense at all?

NM4 Incursion is currently the most difficult of levels.  There is NO REASON why a Legendary chest isn't given for completion of these maps.  The ONLY REASON I can think of is that the system is broken.  Nothing that comes out of a chest that is LESS than Legendary is useful to someone who can complete NM4 Incursion. 

PLEASE explain to me why YOU think it is a worthy reward to get less than Legendary for NM4 Inc maps, please!!!!

@MushroomCake28 quote:

Even if you got a gold chest, it would still be a waste of time. Do the 5 easiest and quickest incursions. The game will be revamped and you might (very probably) lose a lot of things since things are getting redone (things you have now are very probably obsolete). Just get those DM as they will never be removed, or if they do, will give you some kind of reward in exchange.

Well, since they revealed on the Dev stream that they are basically going to rework everything as far as passives go and stuff like that, I agree, it probably is worthless to search for gear right now.  But still doesn't change the fact that THE HIGHEST LEVEL MAPS still give out *** gear chests at the end, even if you solo the whole thing!

I love the game, but they should really think about the reward system.

Not like you need full legendary gear to complete the oh so hard nm4 incursions.

The nm4 incursions guarentee drops with at least 660ipwr. The end of map reward chests are meant as a small bonus to completing a map, not to be the sole reason you complete the map (at least thats how i always thought it was meant to be). So why on earth should it always be a legendary chest?

The game has only gotten easier since the time i first broke through to nm4 maps and me and my friends beat nm4 incursions with a complete mix of epic/myth/legendary gear and back then legendary chests were a thing this forums went crazy about seeing screenshots of (that means they were insanely rare).

Honestly the grind has gotten a lot better, but it's never easy enough apparently.

@MalenkoMC quote:

@Nhon quote:

So I should not be rewarded the HIGHEST POSSIBLE Chest reward for completing the HIGHEST POSSIBLE Maps?  How does that make sense at all?

NM4 Incursion is currently the most difficult of levels.  There is NO REASON why a Legendary chest isn't given for completion of these maps.  The ONLY REASON I can think of is that the system is broken.  Nothing that comes out of a chest that is LESS than Legendary is useful to someone who can complete NM4 Incursion. 

PLEASE explain to me why YOU think it is a worthy reward to get less than Legendary for NM4 Inc maps, please!!!!

So you are basically saying that the only reason you do the incursions is to get a legendary chest? From what I remember, this isn't the sole aspect to the game, there is more to it than just some chests with loot. Actually you know what, I think they should get rid of all the other chests and just give everyone a legendary chest for completing all the maps, this way, everyone is happy.

@BrandonVirdee quote:

@MalenkoMC quote:

@Nhon quote:

So you are basically saying that the only reason you do the incursions is to get a legendary chest? From what I remember, this isn't the sole aspect to the game, there is more to it than just some chests with loot. Actually you know what, I think they should get rid of all the other chests and just give everyone a legendary chest for completing all the maps, this way, everyone is happy.

When you are in endgame levels, the quest for gear upgrades pretty much puts you in a Legendary ONLY sort of status.  So YES, I am doing them for the legendary chest.  

Let me put it to you this way.  Let's say that you had to climb a 100 story tower while battling goblins and orcs to the top, then when you get to the top you had to defeat a 50ft dragon.  Now, you did this adventure on the premise that you would be granted a great gift of riches.  When you complete your mission, all that is awarded is a bowl of split pea soup.  Are you happy that you did the mission now?  HELL NO, you want your riches.

That is pretty much how I feel when I complete the hardest levels in the game and am awarded with worthless gear (anything less than Legendary).  Even if the Legendary chest spits out only 1 worthless Legendary piece, at least it was a chance for an upgrade.

I'm NOT saying that it should be a Legendary chest full of upgrades cause then there would really be no point.  I'm just saying that NM4 Inc maps should reward Legendary chests.  Also, they need to fix the daily bonus % on some of these maps.  I do 5 of these for my daily and after about map 3, I actually see a DROP in % of gear achieved (usually on the Catacombs and BK Incs).  But that is a whole other post of mine.

@DKperfection quote:

Not like you need full legendary gear to complete the oh so hard nm4 incursions.

The nm4 incursions guarentee drops with at least 660ipwr. The end of map reward chests are meant as a small bonus to completing a map, not to be the sole reason you complete the map (at least thats how i always thought it was meant to be). So why on earth should it always be a legendary chest?

The game has only gotten easier since the time i first broke through to nm4 maps and me and my friends beat nm4 incursions with a complete mix of epic/myth/legendary gear and back then legendary chests were a thing this forums went crazy about seeing screenshots of (that means they were insanely rare).

Honestly the grind has gotten a lot better, but it's never easy enough apparently.

I'm not saying you NEED full Legendary gear to beat it, especially in the current state of the game.  But it is only going to get harder once they reveal the new enemies/resistances in the new strategic revamp.

Until then, it would be nice to be able to prepare my heroes (12+), eventhough they are also planning a revamp of the passives and stuff like that.

I guess it just makes sense to me that the hardest maps on the game should award completion with the highest rewards.

I'm getting on average 2 or 3 legendaries per run.  I honestly don't think the drop rate is an issue in this game at all.  In fact, I think it's incredibly forgiving.  Lol

You must be new to RPGs if you think the drop rates should give you what you want every run.

@Nhon quote:

I'm getting on average 2 or 3 legendaries per run.  I honestly don't think the drop rate is an issue in this game at all.  In fact, I think it's incredibly forgiving.  Lol

You must be new to RPGs if you think the drop rates should give you what you want every run.

It's not about drop rates, it IS about the chest that you get for completing.  I played the hell out of DD1 and do not remember rewards being this bad in that game.

@MalenkoMC quote:

@Nhon quote:

It's not about drop rates, it IS about the chest that you get for completing.  I played the hell out of DD1 and do not remember rewards being this bad in that game.

...Except gearing up for DD1 was MUCH, MUCH harder.
Getting the best crap was hard and took endless grinding for one piece.
I remember just grinding coals for weeks for my Diamond which was ridiculous years ago.

DD2 you can literally just slap on NM3 green gear with decent passives and clear NM4.
There isn't a super god gear you have to look for... You just hope for a piece of gear with 1% higher roll on your favorite passives or something.  You're already guaranteed really good Legendaries just for clearing Incursions that you'd end up using in your end game builds anyways.

@Nhon quote:

@MalenkoMC quote:

@Nhon quote:

...Except gearing up for DD1 was MUCH, MUCH harder.
Getting the best crap was hard and took endless grinding for one piece.
I remember just grinding coals for weeks for my Diamond which was ridiculous years ago.

DD2 you can literally just slap on NM3 green gear with decent passives and clear NM4.
There isn't a super god gear you have to look for... You just hope for a piece of gear with 1% higher roll on your favorite passives or something.  You're already guaranteed really good Legendaries just for clearing Incursions that you'd end up using in your end game builds anyways.

i cant even remember rewards for dd1. besides the level 15-25 pets you got in survival and some stuff like coal etc. you get way better loot way faster in dd2. i dont see a problem either.

50% increased chance of better loot aka legendary chest.

3 maps completed aka Pool of three.

Result 3x mythical chests.

Conclusion: Has to be more then RNG

my conclusion: facepalm