Sign in to follow this  
Madmanblazing

Trendy, please! Rollback the most recent hotfix

iamisom quote:

Here are the notes for Calling All Heroes Hotfix 1!

Bug FixesFixed multiple crashes and improved performance in the Options menu. Fixed an issue where the Skeleton Costumes were missing. Improved UI layering in split-screen. Improved scrolling in the costume and weapons shop. Tooltips now properly display in the item enhancement screen. Rerolling Daily Missions can now be canceled.

Known Issues

While in split-screen, going to Throne Room or Ramparts will cause the game to crash.

Selling items in the Inventory that have a confirmation box (i.e. items that are mythical/legendary tier or lockboxes) will send you back to the main page of the Inventory.

I've spoken to a number of PS4 folks who say this hotfix has done very little good & a lot of bad (only improvement was the skeleton costumes, but that is really a small thing because there are so many other costumes to choose from for the four original heroes). Honestly, the game lags more now than it used to. When we are in our inventory, the game noticeably chugs while scrolling through items; when we're selecting characters/heroes, the game noticeably chugs; when selling mythical items, legendary items, & lockboxes, the game will kick you out of the category you're under & make you scroll all the way back down to the items you want to sell. I'm not sure anyone noticed much of a difference when playing split-screen. And yeah, NO ONE can reroll a daily mission more than once (still, the same as before).

Before the hotfix, there was no noticeable lag when in the inventory (besides the occasional chug that we've all gotten used to by now), there was NO lag/chugging when we were selecting characters, & we had a workaround for selling those troubled items (https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/135595/slight-fix-for-the-selling-item-bug).

I don't think (highly doubt) ANYONE who plays on PS4 will say this is a bad idea.

While we can't rollback the hotfix, we do have an update for the PS4 next Tuesday. I'll talk to [[77554,users]] and see if we can figure out what's going on.

I agree with madman.  Hopefully you guys can fix it with the new update. Still unsure why there is so much lag on the ps4. On a side note, awesome job on catching up to pc.  

@iamisom quote:

While we can't rollback the hotfix, we do have an update for the PS4 next Tuesday. I'll talk to TimmyTrashTier and see if we can figure out what's going on.

That's (mostly) good to hear. But honestly, it feels like A LOT of these bugs would be seen easily by anyone playing PS4. This instance (& quite a few in the past) make it seem like you guys don't even QA your builds on the console/PS4 before sending them out to us. There's no way an in-house run on one of your (hopefully many) playstations is any different from us playing.

It's quite frustrating, at times

I crashed multiples times since the game first lauched. But I had never frozed. Never had an infinite loading screen nor have to restart my console to debug the game. All those things happenned right after the update finished downloading. 

I must confirm the lag when choosing another caracter from the list + the not shown buttons there were only introduced with last hotfix.

The game hasn't crashed for me since the hotfix, but i must admit that i haven't played that much since the hotfix. But so far the crash rate seams ok for me...

Anyways, looking forward to the big Update in 5 days :)

Rarely had issues with the connection (lag)... but now its unplayable.  The patch broke a few things, as patches do, and introduced significant instability, but the hotfix broke more than it resolved.   Like others, I'm genuinely curious about whether anyone in house plays the release version on ps4.  Blows my mind that the inventory selling bug wasn't noticed when its broken for most/all, and is reproducible 100% of the time.

Hey guys and gals, don't worry. You are not alone!! I cannot recall which patch exactly, but I think it was when EV came out for PC/Steam, that PC/steam player experienced a HUGE up tick in lagging & crashing. Like 100% more (Maybe 95%). Lags & Crashes were very few & far between prior to this patch/update. 

Misery loves company, right? Anyway, just wanna let you guys know you are not alone. We are still experiencing lag & crashes even now. Not as many (was 8-9/10 maps. Now it's more like 6-7/10 maps), but still more than there was a few months ago.

Hey Defenders,
While in split-screen, going to Throne Room or Ramparts will cause the game to crash.
- We have a fix in for this that seems promising.

Selling items in the Inventory that have a confirmation box (i.e. items that are mythical/legendary tier or lockboxes) will send you back to the main page of the Inventory.
- The programmer sitting next to me is looking into scrolling issues as we speak. I'm not making any promises because the inventory is a twisted thicket of nastiness, but know that this is at the top of the list of things we're trying to fix.

Honestly, the game lags more now than it used to.
- Can you be a little more specific? Are you talking about rubber-banding in the social tavern? In game sessions? Does this occur when you are in private taverns? Is it a performance hit only when interacting with UI's?

Before the hotfix, there was no noticeable lag when in the inventory (besides the occasional chug that we've all gotten used to by now).
- I've played around with the inventory in the live game and there are some issues with it, but I'm wondering what specifically you all are referring to as "noticeable lag"? Could someone please capture some video and pm it to me?  Is your inventory bag full?  Did you purchase the inventory pack?

@TimmyTrashTier quote:

Hey Defenders,

- We have a fix in for this that seems promising.

- The programmer sitting next to me is looking into scrolling issues as we speak. I'm not making any promises because the inventory is a twisted thicket of nastiness, but know that this is at the top of the list of things we're trying to fix.

Honestly, the game lags more now than it used to.
- Can you be a little more specific? Are you talking about rubber-banding in the social tavern? In game sessions? Does this occur when you are in private taverns? Is it a performance hit only when interacting with UI's?

Before the hotfix, there was no noticeable lag when in the inventory (besides the occasional chug that we've all gotten used to by now).
- I've played around with the inventory in the live game and there are some issues with it, but I'm wondering what specifically you all are referring to as "noticeable lag"? Could someone please capture some video and pm it to me?  Is your inventory bag full?  Did you purchase the inventory pack?

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/8i55shapLD8[\VIDEO] <-- completely unsure if there are formatting codes like this here ;-P

In response to your request, TimmyTrashTier, here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i55shapLD8&sns=em) is a video of my experiences in DD2 as an addendum to my earlier post. I start this video at the end (wave 7 of 7) of the new incursion just so the boring bits of the first 6 waves don't drive people away from watching the video. This is an average run I go through & the most common bugs I encounter when playing a normal session for me; it's not meant to be all exhaustive. If others have similar experiences (or other bugs) then I recommend they do something like this so you guys can add it to the list of improvements!

Below are just some notes on the video so you can look for these key moments instead of watching the whole thing (lol, it just ends up being the whole thing, my bad):

So, in the beginning I fast forward the boring, running around collecting mana, using abilities to collect more mana stuff until at 0:30 where you will notice a drop in performance for a short while.

I resume fast forwarding from 1:00 until 2:00 (you know, the boring bits ;-P). I do a short play of normal speed to show the short jump forward I do at the 2:00 mark.

Resume fast forward from 2:05 until 2:36 (more yada yada). I play the rest (up until the last bit of the video) at normal speed to show what I normally experience when I'm in the tavern.

At 2:41, I collect the loot from the scavenger & begin inventory management.

At 2:58, the first case of the selling mythical/legendary/lockbox item bug.

At 3:05, there's the jumping to the last item in each armor category once the side scroll has gone away (again at 3:13, 3:16, 3:28, etc.).

At 3:33, here is a major bug we deal with, the random moment where the game stops working. You can't do anything for a few seconds (happens again, shorter this time, at 4:05).

At 4:37, I try to sell the lockbox but the game doesn't take my input of "square" (it chugged a bit there), it instead takes my next input of "cross" or "x." I try to back out & end up stuck in the menu trying to get back to selling the lockboxes. Quite a frustrating moment.

At 5:02, I try to show you one of the chugging moments. I'm looking at helms, and I notice that when I scroll down through each helm the game will slow down. I think it's because of the new tool tip feature/enhancement you made in the hot-fix. The game will want to load the tool tip of each item & that causes a dip in performance. You'll notice that as I scroll through the rest of my inventory, the tool tips don't load & the scrolling is pretty fast with no hiccups (this scrolling is reminiscent of how the individual scrolling through items used to be before the recent hot-fix).

At 5:18, I show the performance dip we get when we try to change heroes (shown again at 5:30 & 5:42). I compare it to going into the inventory/forge section (because before the hot-fix it was pretty similar in speed). I failed to show, however, how slow the scrolling through the hero list is now (it's kind of hard to show a comparison since I don't have a video of scrolling through the hero list before the hot-fix).

Last thing (lol, wow, this is a long post) is at 5:48 (I start fast forwarding again) I show how when after you play a a match, you need to leave the session twice in order to get back to the main title screen. Otherwise, if you start the game in a private tavern then quit it will send you back to the title screen (and not another private tavern instance).

Well, those are my gripes at the current build of the game. Feedback & remarks are always welcome. Cheers!

Edit: formatting, grammar, & other stuff

[[77554,users]] Here you go, here's a video I just put up on youtube.

Check out the build phase. It stutters for no reason, but in the combat phase is silky smooth not one frame drop.

I have my suspicion this is do with the pathing lines itself. I don't know if they are just there to display the enemies pathway or are communicating with server and bogging it down.

However I noticed the same issue before the Calling All Hero's update on Little Horn Valley. I never used a Serenity aura either at that time, I was using normal traps and Blaze Balloons. Just because of the limitation of the Hero Deck.

Also notice how you always jump unexpectedly to the end of the list when selling multiple items. Can be seen in the video of [[153534,users]] from 3:00 to 4:00 in every category.

@sirozan quote:

Also notice how you always jump unexpectedly to the end of the list when selling multiple items. Can be seen in the video of Madmanblazing from 3:00 to 4:00 in every category.

It happens when the side scroll bar disappears or when the last item in your inventory for the category appears on the page (if that makes sense).

Hey Defenders,

I watched the videos this morning and passed them onto to QA for review. With regard to the build phase hitching this is something we can look into, but behaviors like that can be hard to get to the bottom of.

The inventory performance appears to be two separate issues. First, there is an refresh issue relating to tool-tip behavior while scrolling. We currently do not want to have the tool tip update for each item that passes because that will be a drag on performance so what we're targeting is to have it update after you stop scrolling (the programmers love this description). Second, it seems like the performance while loading a specific list of items has taken a hit - that's the chug when you try to scroll after selecting a filter.

As to the jumping and non-inputs, these are things we're looking into and some of rough edges should be improved in the Buried Bastille update. 

We understand your frustration, and we're doing everything we can to make sure the PS4 version kicks ass. Hang in there, we're working on it.

-TimmyTrashTier

That's promising at least.

The reason I believe it's the pathing lagging the game in the build phase is again when I finished the map in the video they disappeared and the game was running smoothly. Which you could see when I got my Unholy Sword reward.

Anyway looking forward to next weeks update, hopefully we aren't faced with any game breaking bugs. Minor annoyances like we have now I'm fine with.

@TimmyTrashTier quote:

Hey Defenders,

I watched the videos this morning and passed them onto to QA for review. With regard to the build phase hitching this is something we can look into, but behaviors like that can be hard to get to the bottom of.

The inventory performance appears to be two separate issues. First, there is an refresh issue relating to tool-tip behavior while scrolling. We currently do not want to have the tool tip update for each item that passes because that will be a drag on performance so what we're targeting is to have it update after you stop scrolling (the programmers love this description). Second, it seems like the performance while loading a specific list of items has taken a hit - that's the chug when you try to scroll after selecting a filter.

As to the jumping and non-inputs, these are things we're looking into and some of rough edges should be improved in the Buried Bastille update. 

We understand your frustration, and we're doing everything we can to make sure the PS4 version kicks ass. Hang in there, we're working on it.

-TimmyTrashTier

Any chance we can get the locked items to stay locked once we leave the tavern? I currently only use the lock to mark the items I want to enhance with, because temporary locks are pretty useless for anything else. 

And if the inventory is staying in endless list form for a while, it would be nice to be able to rearrange them and mark items with more than just a lock. Either icons for characters or different colored dots. i.e. You can lock an item, mark it for huntress, and for defense.

And while we're at it, add a sell all unlocked items and use the scavenger as the place to buyback things you sold by accident.

@TimmyTrashTier quote:

Hey Defenders,

-TimmyTrashTier

Hey, I'm just glad this isn't falling on deaf ears. We all enjoy the base game & it's why we keep coming back. We would just like to be a small part in helping QA! Hey, a man can dream...

You constantly put out buggy patches and have nothing but excuses. I would love to tell my friends they should purchase the ps4 game but I would feel like bernie madoff. You have done nothing to compensate the loyal ps4 players that have been shafted with broken patch after broken patch. But hey I made a critical comment so I deserve to be banned.

that sounds pretty entitled. I have been playing since october, have 14 characters that are all over 730 ilvl and I have got more then my moneys worth of entertainment. Trendy doesnt owe you or anyone anything. This is going to be a F2P after early access and every update they will have to earn your money with new content (which their current plan of new maps, new incursions, new characters and seasonal events is very much improved over the previous state of the game).  The game is currently being rushed to catchup with PC to prepare for a f2p release later this year, bugs will happen during this crunch time so if you want to play early access understand this is part of the process.

My characters are better geared than you so if you trying to alpha male me with that good try. I would understand your point the game is in alpha if ..... they wernt charging for it, once you take a consumers money there is a reasonable expectation it will be maintained.

@Dryder quote:

My characters are better geared than you so if you trying to alpha male me with that good try. I would understand your point the game is in alpha if ..... they wernt charging for it, once you take a consumers money there is a reasonable expectation it will be maintained.

Yeah, I gotta agree that when there's money involved it then becomes more of a question of quality over how much time or quantity you spend. Good point!

@Dryder quote:

except no that wasnt the point which you obviously missed. No one is alpha maleing you, just calling out entitled bs rants when I see them. Paid alphas (early access) are the norm now and you knew what  you were getting when you signed up - it said to expect bugs, patches and wipes. Buyers remorse after spending hundreds of hours playing a game doesnt mean they owe you a damn thing.

so lets address your rant specifically since you decided to come back to try to defend yourself with that retort.

@Dryder quote:

You constantly put out buggy patches and have nothing but excuses. I would love to tell my friends they should purchase the ps4 game but I would feel like bernie madoff. You have done nothing to compensate the loyal ps4 players that have been shafted with broken patch after broken patch. But hey I made a critical comment so I deserve to be banned.

Entitlement issues:You want compensation for some bugs in a software game thats being maintained, updated, and provided hotfixes in a pre launch esclated release schedule.  You paid for early access to a game that was advertised as pre-release and to expect bugs, patches, wipes etc..

No one has been shafted by anything and the game is in a very playable state, the recent bugs will be addressed after the game version has been sync'd with the PC. 

stuffymonster, I didn't see the point in saying the ipwr level of your characters when you said you put time into the game. You could've just stopped at 100's of hours played, but you added the rating. Seemed like a deck measuring contest to me, IMO.

In all honesty though, it seems to me (& others) that the console isn't receiving as much attention as PC (which I guess makes sense since they're the master race). We are calling [[63962,users]] out on the stuff they say they are doing in their notes, dev log, hot fixes, etc. We're trying to show them that what they claim they are fixing isn't getting fixed (if you played on console then you know how bad it can be).

Realize that PC is in the same "alpha" as we are, but they don't need to pay to play like console does. They get updates quicker & the game seems to play more consistently. I get that we aren't ever really going to achieve parity, but it seems like the console game isn't as high on their agenda as it should be (hell, the tooltips on some items like your SAS attribute points still have PC buttons named...wtf!?).

But there's no way you can sit there & tell me you're "content" with what you've got & the level of attention console receives in the current build.