Sign in to follow this  
ddace

CDT Update 2 Beta Updated

Tower Buff Beam

There is a bug but at least an annoyance with new focusing of TBB when upgrading. On early game when you are not even able to upgrade to 3 stars, TBB gets the focus. Would be cool to keep the focus on TBB but checking beforehand if the hero is able to hold enough mana to upgrade TBB. If not don't focus TBB.

43BD2E08FF21B56630FA4A8FD5533F747C674590

@CrzyRndm quote:Starting Wave

How about somehing like this

• 25 max => Start at 24 (-1)
  • 30 max => Start at 28 (-2)
  • 35 max => Start at 32 (-3)
  • 40 max => Start at 36 (-4)

Or is that too conservative?

I'd say yes too conservative. Each wave takes 3-4 minutes on w35 survivals. 0246 speeds things up already.

Localizations

Another request/suggestion from me... what's about localizations? I don't know how status quo for other languages is but the German translation has some serious flaws. For example "close" will be translated with the meaning of nearby instead of exit, "save" will be translated with the meaning of saving money instead of saving settings (in German it is not even near the same). There are more obscure things. Also I think names shouldn't be translated but that's my personal opinion, it makes talking to each other more difficult because you have to know several names of the same object when talking with "strangers".

Is it possible for volunteers to send in fixed localizations? To be sure their translations are accurate we could double-check it by releasing them into the forums first.

RE: DST/Harpoon

You renamed the DST to Harpoon and ripped out the existing Harpoon. Ofcourse its going to look objectionable. I do understand what you're trying to say (big hits means more oppurtunity for waste), but I maintain that you're still blowing things out of proportion wih that example.

RE: Stuck enemies

It was never said all of them were gone. It just happened to fix a lot of our test cases for flying enemies (the fact you're even trying to point out specifics on CD should tell you something...). What we really need with these is a simple and reliable way to reproduce them. If you think you can get an enemy stuck in a certain way reliably, make a thread detailing everything about it (map/enemy/build/wave/etc.). If someone else can create a similar situation, they can add their information to the thread and the CDT can notify if there is a probable fix in the next update/build.

A bug we can repeatably reproduce in a testing environment is a bug we can try to fix. Shooting in the dark not a good use of our limited resources

RE: cant upgrade TBB due to mana restrictions

I will give it a prod. That's more than a little inconvenient...

RE: Localisations

Right now I honestly can't say it's something I know about. If you want to correct a translation, I think we should certainly look at doing so. However, with any translation I think we will need atleast one other user to peer review it, preferrably more (we can't be adding something... off... after all).

This might be a watch this space thing for now.

EDIT

All the appropriate files are stored in UDKGame / Localisation / <Language Code> as text files. They can be opened and edited with any text editor

The codes should be relatively self explanatory, but for completeness, we have: DEU (German), FRA (French), ESN (Spanish), ITA (Italian), and INT (Default / English)

DunDefArchetypes: Towers, enemies, and some stuff
DunDefMisc: various button labels
DunDefPlayers: tower and ability tooltips
DunDefUI: more buttons

etc., etc.

Don't change **ANYTHING** wrapped in square brackets (ie. [ ... ] )

@CrzyRndm quote:

RE: DST/Harpoon

You renamed the DST to Harpoon and ripped out the existing Harpoon. Ofcourse its going to look objectionable. I do understand what you're trying to say (big hits means more oppurtunity for waste), but I maintain that you're still blowing things out of proportion wih that example.

We have a very different point of view on that.

for us math boys: All absolute changes were proportional correct. Equally percentage changes were not part of the discussion, it's quite hard to recognize a lesser effectiveness with such small changes even though it is. That's why the decreased fire rate doesn't seem to be a big deal for many, although it ends up to devalue a tower even more regardless of its damage increase.

___

Localizations

The launcher has its own file, a dll, which can't be edited that easy.

There are more obscure things. Also I think names shouldn't be translated but that's my personal opinion, it makes talking to each other more difficult because you have to know several names of the same object when talking with "strangers".

True

@EagleOne quote:

Localizations

The launcher has its own file, a dll, which can't be edited that easy.

Probably need the DDDK to test (launch through DunDefDevelopment.exe in Binaries/Win32).

@kg4q quote:
and i would like to suggest 2 features :

1- : the ability to add mana using a keyboared in the trade

for example this pic instead of just adding mana using the arrows you can add them using a keyboared to it can be accurate and fast

s2sCVgZ.jpg

2- the Feature that allows you to change the style of the Tavren

for example now we have 3 styles with the upcoming update

1- the normal Tavren style
2- Moonbase Tavren style
3- Volcano Tavren style

if we can change between all of those 3 that will be amazing :)

I really like these two suggestions, +1.

Having recently started a new game with some friends, I can say that not being able to specify the amount of mana traded by typing in the trade window is very annoying and pesky. The only way to get around it is by making mana tokens manually for exact amounts. I also prefer the standard tavern theme and it would be cool to be able to switch between the various tavern themes that have been released over the years (Maybe add some machine for the ultimate/legendary defender achievements in the secret rooms for changing the theme). 

if anyone is wondring about the diamond spawn then dont worry i tested it , it does spawn ^^

(it spawned with 2 cap and 700 sides in beta -_-)