Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Post Hotfix 13.4 Bling-O-Midas Feedback

@Soulstiger quote:

Yeah, I wouldn't say it's fair to compare it to a class boosted by outside sources. At least not without the same sources, but why not just withhold them for the results?

But, a monk using his hero boost? Or other classes using their abilities? Why shouldn't that be fair game? The huntress seems to be more of an attack based character with more utilities type abilities. Well, aside from the phoenix shot. And as previously stated, I've gotten similar dps from both EV2 (Mag Magnus) and Huntress (Bling-O-Midas) though, a perfect roll on the dot might push the Huntress, slightly, over the EV2.

Now, if the other classes were more burst like, I could see not doing a straight comparison of their abilities vs Huntresses primary/secondary, but this isn't the case. Under most circumstances Abyss Lord and EV2 can continue using their abilities consistently. Though, the Abyss Lord relies on their being mobs left to recharge off of.

If the question had been about how we feel the huntress stands as a DPS, I'd agree. However, the question was how does the new BOW feel with the buffs. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I feel that mixing in abilities, and how strong other heros kits are, misses the point of juding the current standings of the bow, not the huntress.

@xArcAngel quote:

@Soulstiger quote:

Yeah, I wouldn't say it's fair to compare it to a class boosted by outside sources. At least not without the same sources, but why not just withhold them for the results?

But, a monk using his hero boost? Or other classes using their abilities? Why shouldn't that be fair game? The huntress seems to be more of an attack based character with more utilities type abilities. Well, aside from the phoenix shot. And as previously stated, I've gotten similar dps from both EV2 (Mag Magnus) and Huntress (Bling-O-Midas) though, a perfect roll on the dot might push the Huntress, slightly, over the EV2.

Now, if the other classes were more burst like, I could see not doing a straight comparison of their abilities vs Huntresses primary/secondary, but this isn't the case. Under most circumstances Abyss Lord and EV2 can continue using their abilities consistently. Though, the Abyss Lord relies on their being mobs left to recharge off of.

If the question had been about how we feel the huntress stands as a DPS, I'd agree. However, the question was how does the new BOW feel with the buffs. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I feel that mixing in abilities, and how strong other heros kits are, misses the point of juding the current standings of the bow, not the huntress.

Well, wasn't the point of the bow to be sort of a patchwork solution to the huntresses DPS? That's how they seemed to advertise the Sword of Unholy Fire for the Squire, as "a solution to melee dps."

But, if we want to talk specifically about the bow, as long as the charged primary sphere stays so strong with no competition the bow will always either be overtuned or undertuned compared to other bows. I had been using a blue 4/s bow, don't remember the ipwr unfortunately, and it did 50k dps minimum and rocketed past my Bling-O-Midas' 80k~ whenever it proc'd charged primary.

I'm going to show off a high-end Bling drop on my stream at 5PM EDT (in just under two hours from now). Check it out if you get the chance. :)

@iamisom quote:

I'm going to show off a high-end Bling drop on my stream at 5PM EDT (in just under two hours from now). Check it out if you get the chance. :)

Cool, will definitely be there. :D

Links broken for me, though ;P

It's the trendy twitch right?

[[4370,users]] After watching the archived version, you bring up some good points why I don't like this bow.

First off in order to get the maximum DPS you need a Huntress hero/crit damage build to make it work the best. Meanwhile I prefer Huntress/ap build so I will never get the maximum dps output it seems. So why should I bother when I can just use a stronger bow with a charged sphere.

I would make a Huntress specific for this bow, but it's still underwhelming to me and niche.

Also the design of this bow is lazy, you went for a unique bow yet it's just an unholy sword with more horizontal and vertical range and added slow.

Like others have mentioned if you were going to make it stand out it could of taken more advantage of the gold aspect. It could've turned enemies into gold bags which proc with jackpot. Then I would say it's useful, because we are losing medium spheres when the original 4 Hero's are being revamped, so that would make the Huntress the go to character for gold farming.

Now as for the bow itself, it's ugly and doesn't even look like a bow. You guys are usually good with design of weapons, but you dropped the ball on this one.

Lets touch on the RNG aspect. I agee with [[3957,users]] some of the rng to it should be fixed, it's vertical and horizontal ramge for example. That way you could still give people a purpose to farm for it could spawn with 4s and the slow was random.

I really doubt you guys are going to improve on this bow, so it is what it is and I'm sure someone enjoys it.

Also it gets much more hate for it as this was the only chance the Huntress had to be some what OP until she was revamped and you failed pretty much by going more on the gimmick side with out a useful gimmick.

Anyway that's my honest opinion on the bow currently.

I think, & this isn't blowing the bow out of proportion & making it uber OP. But I would simply suggest to give it variety in its shot speed (1/s 2/s 4/s) this shouldn't be too hard to implement & it would please people who don't like the slow fire rate.

Something I would like added is AoE to the primary shot (like ACTUAL AoE, NOT the AoE we have now on AC/aerial bane)

I understand we have a bit of AoE with the charged secondary, but that covers a wide angle/range.. So it would still be worthwhile using charged secondary even with AoE on primary shot.

Because right now, the bow is centered out the charged secondary shot & tagging mobs with it & letting the DoT do the work.

It can be a tad annoying having to charge up the secondary shot all the time, so that is why I would really like to see AoE added to the primary shot (Please make it actually useful & not the gimmick we have now with AC)

This would put a proper balance between primary shot & secondary shot, along with a 4/s version. Throw in the soon to be functional primary charged shot sphere & It will be complete 

Edit: or.... make the secondary charged shot instantaneous?

Re-posting my quote from another thread because I can.

@VincentX3 quote:

So here's my opinion.

First of all, the design choice is... questionable. Not aesthetic wise, but as in, the thought process behind this bow.

It should have never been able competing with the Unholy sword, a sword that, WHILE BLOCKING, allows for insta-activation of a flamethrower and aggro's enemies. It was made because the Squire is basically the tank of the group, he can have tons of total HP so it works.

So for a usually non-tank character, why make a bow that not only try's to mimic the weapon in a worse fashion (Having to charge vs Insta-activation) but requires you also to get up close with said character? When... it's a bow. The point is staying far away and dealing tons of damage.

You know what would have been cool? If the bow had a passive that added a "% DMG Boost" depending on the total gold you had. Of course, this would have to be hard-capped and balanced so it wouldn't be OP for people that have millions of gold, but it still would have been a lot more interesting than this poor imitation that we have now.

Then people wouldn't have to complain about it being slow, since with said DMG Boost passive, it could have a lot more potential in the long run that 4/s bow's if you save up gold. At the very least it would have lived up too it's name.

I changed my bow from a pea-shooter to a pee-shooter, which is not a big increase in aesthetics.

i dont know what all the QQ is about i love the bow. It took me a while to farm it,  It took  a while to get the right drop. Petsy can be very boring to farm but i got it ty i love the Petsy Bow. ALso ty for for the bling bow very helpful in leveling up my petsy bow drop. GUys its called the KISS System i know you guys worked hard on this but i am shore people wanted a single target boss melting powerhouse, When you put on The unholy sword its not the damage any one cares about. The unholy sword makes our medevil friend a tank spanking wall from hell. best wall in the game. Idea monk jumps in to the crowd with his with his bling staff and mass aoe dots and slows everything. that works so sexy i love it. Then our face melting ev and hunter come down on them with the heat melting boss's away. you can take back that 1 mil you were talk about on your stream dont need it just give us a 400k unbuffed weapon win. Better yet how baout jsut and Armor cleaner/ Arcane bane that add a good dot like bling. Know this idea is super bad how about melee dose aoe and cc and ranged left clicks/kit to win. I know not fun (dont tell the ad carrys in mobas they will cry.)

P.S a geared EV2 should be able to keep up with abs archers thats for the incoming nerfs. Its super fun lay out laser grids in end game. Oh never mind fun what is this a game. Sorry dont know what i was thinking  

i really did think EV2 was to powerful with unlevel geer. She hsould get ther with good gear but not start op but end op should be the goal .

P.S.S I do love your work and game. Your super close to amazing as is. You dont need that much more to reach amazing don/t over think it.

@chumchum1 quote:

P.S a geared EV2 should be able to keep up with abs archers thats for the incoming nerfs. Its super fun lay out laser grids in end game. Oh never mind fun what is this a game. Sorry dont know what i was thinking  

i really did think EV2 was to powerful with unlevel geer. She hsould get ther with good gear but not start op but end op should be the goal .

Proton Beams and Archers fill two entirely different roles... Proton Beams by no means should match Archer single target dps. They are an AoE defense. One that also has insane utility as a slow/freeze defense.

@iamisom quote:

Here's what I noticed.

1. Using a character at almost 800 item power not a good idea for showcasing this weapon. It actually shows off more how bad the weapon is, because most people are within the 700-750 range (I am playing from console BTW).

2. The DPS you are pulling is sub par because the huntress is supposed to be one of the highest damage dealers. EV alone with no buffs from towers and such still pulls 400k+ dps easily. The damage you are pulling right now is less damage than I am pulling on my 709 Item power abyss lord. When you pop dragolich and only get 130-140k dps and I am pulling 180k dps just with my basic attack, I  find that this bow is horrible.

3. In NM4 30k dps for a few ticks is negligible. 60% slow is negligible. I don't need a 60% slow from this bow at all, that is what frosty towers are for, and they increase the damage of things around the target they attack, so I don't understand the point of this weapon.

4. The % value hero damage needs to go up to at least 240% not 120%. My friend at ipwr 730 is already pulling 250k dps on their huntress with dragolich never would they switch to a slow firing sub par weapon such as this. With your stats they would probably be doing almost 3x more damage.

5. This bow is often being compared to the squires new sword. The sword is so good. It provides very high damage while also giving a squire the ability to tank and have a high hp pool. Mine for example has 50k hp and does 60k dps with dragolich. That's not impressive damage or anything but its damage done while blocking, meaning a squire can do the one thing no other class can do, just sit right in front of a boss and solo it (AL, Huntress, EV, only need 1 shot to die). Especially when you add serenity aura's and a healing fountain of withering into the mix with the increased amount of blocked damage sphere. We see this awesome change of the squire and then this bow comes and it is a complete disappointment. I am not even excited for this portion of content to be added on console...

6. The way you describe the bow is basically you run around the map and just tag everything to put the damage over time, and while your single target dps is not high, the overall dps would be significantly higher. The problem is that the Huntress is not meant for that role, all it takes is a single hit to die and this weapons range is not that fantastic. The Huntress has always been for single target dps. All the small low dmg you are doing is on par to what the AL can do with just explosive arrow. None of the damage you are doing is going to actually make any difference. Which means it has to be very good at things that will make a difference, ogres, mages, ect. From the days of fast shooting guns, and short range fast damage flame throwers, the main priority was always killing high health single targets very quickly. Right now the EV is the be all queen of ranged DPS. Which is very odd to me personally as I never even used the original EV for DPS. If I had any say, I would believe the new heroes are being made intentionally OP as a cash grab, which is why the original hero's are not very good. I mean never would I ever want to look at an uber for a character and just say, "wow that is trash". i mean look at the squires uber for cannonball towers, just horrible. I cant say any of  the starting classes have any good ubers at all besides elemental chaos for huntress. Each starting class has 1 primary tower that gets used and that's it. Squire blockades, apprentice frosty towers, monks serenity aura's, and huntress explosive trap or geyser traps. AL however has amazing archers, great orc blockades, ramsters that mean no need for huntress geyser traps, saving points if you planned on using at least 2 traps, and making it easier to electrocute mobs. Likewise now that I know apprentice frost towers can buff tower boosts it makes colossus a power house compared to my first impressions. Instantly everything AL has is used more often than anything else in any original hero. EV as well being shown the same treatment has all towers being very good and usable along with AL. Together they are very good as DPS characters and Tower Defense characters. Every base class should be strong and all towers should be equally as good or desirable to use, making it more difficult to choose what we want to use.

From what I see on huntress there are 2 things that have an impact on dps besides hero dmg or crit related stuff and buffs. That's how many shots their weapons do, and how often you get to shoot. Alternatively elements on the weapons can have secondary impacts. This weapon does fire damage and I find that mediocre. If this weapon did electric however it would be significantly better. If it did electric you could use AL ramsters, and just shoot the enemies to electrocute them. The weapon could still keep the burn damage over time as technically electric can cause burning. You could even allow this weapon to to have some combo with earth damage as currently it doesn't have 1. The fire is nice and all but if I wanted to ignite a large group of enemies AL already has that on point with the archers and the oil sphere, and it can cover several lanes in a second, and slows, just like this bow (not that any one cares about the slow). I say make it shoot faster or increase the scaling with hero damage to at least double its current max role.

Maybe you guys don't want the Huntress to have high single target damage. Maybe you are intentionally making the Huntress trash tier dps until the revamp where maybe she can compete with EV or AL. Cause right now I would never bring a DPS huntress to anything other than Harbinger as I am not a fan of her mediocre actual dps. AL and EV got actual DPS on point (even though console don't have EV yet, I know her DPS is insane, several millions worth of DPS compared to sub 150k dps huntress with this bow).

-Side Note

If the average amount of enemies on screen is 30, and you tag them all before any defenses attack them, with your stats the average DPS for a limited period of time at most would be 900,000 - a generous 1.1m. (your average dps per tick is around 28k-30k in video with crits up to 48k) Maybe you guys think that is good but I could run around and drop an abyss stone at each choke point and still pull  more dps than that.

@chumchum1 quote:

yeah thats right archers do not have have aoe, and can not deal with ground and air.  

They have a really weak 25% chance aoe, sorry for not mentioning it, lol. It's sort of good if you get a good roll on the weapon and totem. I mean, there isn't any reason not to get it, as it's more damage. But, it drops off really badly, unlike protons which don't have drop off nor should they.Being able to hit air units is just another way they fit different roles, not sure how they takes anything away from my point of them filling different roles.

Archers also require you to get two proper stats on every gear and a total of 13 passives that need to roll high. As opposed to proton beams that just require defense crit and an optional freeze passive. But, you're right, proton beams should match single target dps with archers. Despite being aoe, slowing, and needing far less investment.

@dwrowla quote:

@iamisom quote:

Here's what I noticed.

1. Using a character at almost 800 item power not a good idea for showcasing this weapon. It actually shows off more how bad the weapon is, because most people are within the 700-750 range (I am playing from console BTW).

2. The DPS you are pulling is sub par because the huntress is supposed to be one of the highest damage dealers. EV alone with no buffs from towers and such still pulls 400k+ dps easily. The damage you are pulling right now is less damage than I am pulling on my 709 Item power abyss lord. When you pop dragolich and only get 130-140k dps and I am pulling 180k dps just with my basic attack, I  find that this bow is horrible.

3. In NM4 30k dps for a few ticks is negligible. 60% slow is negligible. I don't need a 60% slow from this bow at all, that is what frosty towers are for, and they increase the damage of things around the target they attack, so I don't understand the point of this weapon.

4. The % value hero damage needs to go up to at least 240% not 120%. My friend at ipwr 730 is already pulling 250k dps on their huntress with dragolich never would they switch to a slow firing sub par weapon such as this. With your stats they would probably be doing almost 3x more damage.

5. This bow is often being compared to the squires new sword. The sword is so good. It provides very high damage while also giving a squire the ability to tank and have a high hp pool. Mine for example has 50k hp and does 60k dps with dragolich. That's not impressive damage or anything but its damage done while blocking, meaning a squire can do the one thing no other class can do, just sit right in front of a boss and solo it (AL, Huntress, EV, only need 1 shot to die). Especially when you add serenity aura's and a healing fountain of withering into the mix with the increased amount of blocked damage sphere. We see this awesome change of the squire and then this bow comes and it is a complete disappointment. I am not even excited for this portion of content to be added on console...

6. The way you describe the bow is basically you run around the map and just tag everything to put the damage over time, and while your single target dps is not high, the overall dps would be significantly higher. The problem is that the Huntress is not meant for that role, all it takes is a single hit to die and this weapons range is not that fantastic. The Huntress has always been for single target dps. All the small low dmg you are doing is on par to what the AL can do with just explosive arrow. None of the damage you are doing is going to actually make any difference. Which means it has to be very good at things that will make a difference, ogres, mages, ect. From the days of fast shooting guns, and short range fast damage flame throwers, the main priority was always killing high health single targets very quickly. Right now the EV is the be all queen of ranged DPS. Which is very odd to me personally as I never even used the original EV for DPS. If I had any say, I would believe the new heroes are being made intentionally OP as a cash grab, which is why the original hero's are not very good. I mean never would I ever want to look at an uber for a character and just say, "wow that is trash". i mean look at the squires uber for cannonball towers, just horrible. I cant say any of  the starting classes have any good ubers at all besides elemental chaos for huntress. Each starting class has 1 primary tower that gets used and that's it. Squire blockades, apprentice frosty towers, monks serenity aura's, and huntress explosive trap or geyser traps. AL however has amazing archers, great orc blockades, ramsters that mean no need for huntress geyser traps, saving points if you planned on using at least 2 traps, and making it easier to electrocute mobs. Likewise now that I know apprentice frost towers can buff tower boosts it makes colossus a power house compared to my first impressions. Instantly everything AL has is used more often than anything else in any original hero. EV as well being shown the same treatment has all towers being very good and usable along with AL. Together they are very good as DPS characters and Tower Defense characters. Every base class should be strong and all towers should be equally as good or desirable to use, making it more difficult to choose what we want to use.

From what I see on huntress there are 2 things that have an impact on dps besides hero dmg or crit related stuff and buffs. That's how many shots their weapons do, and how often you get to shoot. Alternatively elements on the weapons can have secondary impacts. This weapon does fire damage and I find that mediocre. If this weapon did electric however it would be significantly better. If it did electric you could use AL ramsters, and just shoot the enemies to electrocute them. The weapon could still keep the burn damage over time as technically electric can cause burning. You could even allow this weapon to to have some combo with earth damage as currently it doesn't have 1. The fire is nice and all but if I wanted to ignite a large group of enemies AL already has that on point with the archers and the oil sphere, and it can cover several lanes in a second, and slows, just like this bow (not that any one cares about the slow). I say make it shoot faster or increase the scaling with hero damage to at least double its current max role.

Maybe you guys don't want the Huntress to have high single target damage. Maybe you are intentionally making the Huntress trash tier dps until the revamp where maybe she can compete with EV or AL. Cause right now I would never bring a DPS huntress to anything other than Harbinger as I am not a fan of her mediocre actual dps. AL and EV got actual DPS on point (even though console don't have EV yet, I know her DPS is insane, several millions worth of DPS compared to sub 150k dps huntress with this bow).

-Side Note

If the average amount of enemies on screen is 30, and you tag them all before any defenses attack them, with your stats the average DPS for a limited period of time at most would be 900,000 - a generous 1.1m. (your average dps per tick is around 28k-30k in video with crits up to 48k) Maybe you guys think that is good but I could run around and drop an abyss stone at each choke point and still pull  more dps than that.

2. Where is it stated that the Huntress is supposed to be one of the highest DPS? Is it because they happened to be a lot stronger than Squire and Apprentice before?

In your first point you bring up that 800 ipwr isn't a good way to showcase, but then you bring up what's probably an almost 800 ipwr EV2 dpsing?

Abyss Lord is post revamp level. And I doubt you outdps a bling bow if they are tagging tons of enemies. Have you seen the size of the cone for the secondary? You're not going to hit every enemy with more than one stone in that wide an area. I also doubt you deal 180k dps with just siphon.

3. 60% slow is negligible? Have you even seen how slow they move after being hit? How is more than halving something negligible? 240k damage to every target in an area (plus crits) is negligible? Because you can beat it if you stick around in that area? While they are dropping 240k dps to every target they run by (plus crits)?

4. Got it, so with bling bow you just have to hit 8 targets with a massive cone to match that dps. And that's without Dragolich. Or even counting actually actively dpsing or counting crits. "Slow firing" fire speed only really matters when you are taking charged primary into account. And that 250k is with how many charged primaries going off?

5. That 60k is impressive, because it's a large cone. Single target dps should always be bigger numbers than aoe. Otherwise the single target will always be worthless. Because the thing about aoe is that it get's multiplied by the targets it's hitting. (Aside from explosions which have massive drop off)

6. And you get to decide the Huntress's role why? My single target with the bow is 80k, which is better than other bows not counting charged primary. The Huntress comes with 3 aoe abilities and plenty of firing types that can be used for multi hit. Burst and single arrow are really the only ones that intentionally are single target. Remind how the Huntress's design is a focus on single target? If anything she has always been a jack of all trades. Sustained dps through primaries. Lot's of cc through 1 and 2. And burst aoe with 3.

Your loss on never dpsing with the original EV. Not that what you used it for matters.

Wow, that got real tinfoil hat real quick. The new heroes are OP as they are balanced with the revamp in mind. Why waste time later by making them on par with the old heroes? Why more than double the work they will have to do when the revamp drops?

Most people only use 1 to 2 of the new heroes towers as well. Personally I only use archers from Abyss Lord. I mainly use protons from EV2. There are a couple maps I use buff beams, and only the new incursion do I use reflector beams. Every base class will be strong. Pretty sure there's even a thread somewhere for ideas for the hero revamp.

The only major variance in number of arrows and firing rate is firing rate for charged primary. Burst, I believe, has a slight advantage in total damage. I don't remember where that chart is at though... if someone has it and could post it, that'd be great.

Why should molten gold deal electric damage? There are also plenty of ways to deal the electrocute combo. The bow can pull the ignite combo off on a massive number of enemies all at once by using the oil sphere. An earth combo would make even less sense. Also, earth has the strongest combo right now... shattering... which deals damage somewhere in the billions I believe.

The huntress has plenty of potential for single target damage. What's wrong with one bow that deals high multitarget?

Again with the tinfoil. There is no conspiracy with hero balance. It doesn't even take long to farm the medals for a hero, especially once you get ahead. So, it'd be a bad money making conspiracy anyhow.

Apparently abyss stones have a way larger aoe on console, since you keep comparing them as if they are on the same scale. They also cost mana, as opposed to be a basic attack. Having an easily restored resource doesn't mean it should be weaker than a primary/secondary attack that is free. The huntress is also faster than the AL, especially with spheres. Unless you spam move your fountain with the speed sphere.

I'm loving how controversial this weapon is, for once not everyone agrees and it's interesting to read both sides of the arguments.

@PandynatorDD quote:

@Soulstiger quote:
Unless you spam move your fountain with the speed sphere.

Yea, the speed buff goes away when you move it. So you have to sell and rebuild it! It's really efficient!  ship.png

Wait, the sphere doesn't work after you move it?

@Soulstiger quote:

@PandynatorDD quote:

@Soulstiger quote:
Unless you spam move your fountain with the speed sphere.

Yea, the speed buff goes away when you move it. So you have to sell and rebuild it! It's really efficient!  ship.png

Wait, the sphere doesn't work after you move it?

No. Also if you sell it while having the buff, it ends also.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

I'm loving how controversial this weapon is, for once not everyone agrees and it's interesting to read both sides of the arguments.

Which is nice indeed =) More playstyles are always nice. I actually use alot different weapons for my huntress and switch often. I use the Midas bow for huge aoe slow and damage. I use my breaker for when i want the defense to do more damage, i use my lightning betsy for when i work with my water wave pet or wetting ramster sphere, i use my burst bow to when i want to be an goblin and destroy the defense with the help of my explosive goblin friends. I use the goblin onsl bow for when i want to dress up and look pretty or intimidating, gobu, i usualy do it in tavern.

Many bows many uses!

I can post video footage of my AL doing 180k dps with siphon if you want .... I do have a youtube channel. I have seen the bow in action and I can easily match the dps the bow has literally just placing 1 abyss stone in each lane. I also am emphasizing the point that this weapon in general is pointless. I don't care if this bow does 1m dps. It is still pointless. Current defense set ups can kill anything before they can get to a wall. The only time this bow is useful is to kill trash so defenses can focus more on a main target, like an ogre. Even then an AL can easily do the job. AL has much wider stun range with knight ability, and while none of his skills alone do more than 30 - 40k dps, that damage can easily be increased through other means, frosty towers and dragolich for example. With Dragolich my siphon alone does 29k dmg per tick. Not that it matters cause I can just use dragolich on a boss and watch my defenses kill it in 2-3 seconds flat. As a side note an EV in same gear and item power level as a huntress will always do more dps. Just the way it is. Likewise any generic 4s bow will do more dps than this bow with charged shot sphere. Yeah it takes a sphere, but there not anything else more important that bling bow can take advantage of. Sure it does like 10k more dps than a 4s bow excluding charged shot sphere, but we are comparing bows with their optimal setups, not 1 optimized wep compared to an un-optimized wep.

In general I don't see the point of being able to kill trash , possibly, with the DOT just by tagging them. The dmg in my opinion is medicore, less than that of an abyss stone. You can run around the map and tag things, die several times to anything that hits you once, but hey you are doing some DPS so you are contributing something right. Realistically not really. The only time this bow shines is when your defenses are weak and unable to do the content you are playing. But when you can afk 100 waves of end game onslaught on NM4 no problem where is the need for a DPS huntress with this bling bow. Even for sustained single target dps the dmg is subpar, even with dragolich doing severely lower numbers of dps to any other bow. That's not the point though, the bow is meant to be used only for secondary, which cant be used instantly when needed. The secondary doesn't even make since design wise. How is the bling bow even a bow, and how is it even a flamethrower. Why would you need to charge it at all to shoot the flame thrower at all. The bow apparently is spitting out molten gold? Why not give the bow something actually gold related. Maybe make jackpot work correctly and make this bow do something gold related. Things killed by the DOT drop 100 more gold when killed. Then she can be BIS gold farmer and every one would want the bow specifically for that. In its current state I do not see many people actually using this bow.

Finally as I said before I play on console. I don't have EV yet. But right now you can build an entire defense using only AL and monk if you want just for Serenity Aura or Purge Evil. In my opinion every class in the game should be able to make a defensive set up using only their towers that actually works, provided you have the stats required to do so. Likewise having played every Dungeon Defenders game I think it is pretty apparent that Huntress is supposed to be a single target damage dealer. She has always had the highest single target damage and her skills allow her to quickly take single targets out. She can oil a very very small radius to combine with her phoenix skill, or a weapon with fire. She has a stun that does ok damage, but is really just to stall till she can kill things. In the past she has always had the best weapons for DPS. Flamethrowers, guns, bows, you name it with lots of attack speed and projectiles to boot. For AOE dps it was always the apprentice, and maybe monk third. I never saw any one use EV for dps when I played but I don't think she was pulling more single target dmg than huntress. In this game I just feel she is inferior to what she used to be. The amount of projectiles shot, or projectiles per second is lower than in past games. In the past she could just sit there and kill everything in her lane before they got close. In this game she cant shoot more than 1 target unless she is using a weapon that spreads the shots out. So I always found her as a DPS to be sub par until this bow came where she can at least do some dps without dying. Now this bow might bring her up a little more comparable to how good and useful AL is. The difference between AL and Huntress is still huge. AL can solo a lane and prevent them from ever moving. You cant do that with a Huntress and this bow is not going to help any more. When the explosion from my archers is doing the same damage your bow is doing from the DOT then I find this bow useless. Leave the huntress to the only job she has in this game, managing fliers. She has no other use.

I don't see the point of the rolls on the secondary attack they make no difference as the bow is all about the slow and the dot. The angle does not matter as you should just spin in a circle dot everything and then pick of the annoying enemies

Also the reason it is falling flat is there is no large sphere that benefits the bow. its a short range bow with epic slows.

long range sphere - its short range flame thrower

chill and oil sphere - multiplicative stacking so 20% is about 7% slow on top of the 60%

charged sphere - does not work

It is a good bow just needs slight adjustments.

If you get <100% on the dot it lacks damage
You are better off with a 8 second 40% slow than a 6 second 60% slow. So I think time should not be rng based.  If it's not 8 seconds it's kinda rubbish

Flamethrower the roles don't matter at all you only need to pass an enemy for like 0.2 seconds so just do a 360 no scope and you hit everything. The damage and angle should remain constant just like the damage of the charged shot which is 250%