Post Hotfix 13.4 Bling-O-Midas Feedback

We've just made the following changes to the Bling-O-Midas:

• Damage Over Time Min/Max increased from 60/100 -> 80/120

• Damage Over Time Duration Min increased from 3/8 -> 4/8

• Slow Min increased from 30/60 -> 40/60

• Range fixed to 2500 on all drops

• Angle Max increased from 30/50 -> 30/90

How do you feel about the bow now?

The new numbers are certainly going to help it, but until this thing takes advantage of the charged sphere the DPS just won't even come close to what EV2 and AL does. Unless your intention is for it not to be powerful and a novelty bow, like the chicken gun from DD1.

I just thought the weapon was supposed to make the Huntress DPS OP like the unholy sword made the Squire. Just until she was revamped.

Also disappointed to see no 4s roll still. The "it creates more RNG" is a BS excuse imo, the whole game is about RNG and this thing is supposed to be Legendary. Yet any other Huntress bow still out DPS's it.

I get the gimmick behind the bow, use 2s shots when your secondary is on cool down. However it's just a gimmick to me.

So looks like I'm going to have to wait for the next Legendary bow to do justice to the Huntress. One that doesn't rely on gimmicks and actually can match top end DPS.

I honestly thought it was fine before, now it's even better.

115% DoT tick bow with hero crit damage stat, using long range sphere (But not to its full potential).

Whatsthebigdeal.png?dl=0

Add in the fact that you get a 40-60% slow to completely shut down any threat and I really dunno what the crying was about, git gud.

@Otterman quote:

I honestly thought it was fine before, now it's even better.

115% DoT tick bow with hero crit damage stat, using long range sphere (But not to its full potential).

Whatsthebigdeal.png?dl=0

Add in the fact that you get a 40-60% slow to completely shut down any threat and I really dunno what the crying was about, git gud.

It might have something to do with the fact that 125k dps isn't very much at all.

well having played around with it after this hotfix it still feels really slow and clumpy, dps wise the boost put it on par with my mythic 4s burst bow when im NOT using charged sphere. the burst bow does ofc not have a slow on its attack and dont have a aoe 2nd atk, but the charge time for the aoe is abit of a turnoff. 

Ohhh 125 k damage stop the presses everyone, this bow is amazing. Meanwhile EV is doing over a million DPS.

40-60% slow for what?

The few enemies that don't get shut down by EV2's Proton beams and Abyss Lord Archers?

Novelty bow is novelty and could of been alot stronger.

Their is no way git gud implies to this game, the bow is ass.

The Bow is still way too bad i mean with my current huntress with primary charged sphere i can do up to 200k dps if i am lucky and the average is like 120k with the bow i do only 70k. Beside that you just dont need AOE dps you need single target dps.

Realistically, I think that the bow is probably weak, but an even bigger issue with it being weak is that EV and AL will *always* overshadow the bow and, since they are the top DPS classes currently, one overwhelmingly good, the other simply better AoE...

...basically if this bow doesn't at least come close to their DPS, it's going to be regarded as bad or subpar. The DPS is bar is far too high for the current design of this bow.

I thought the whole point of the bow was to turn enemies into gold, so it would fit perfectly into a huntress jackpot build for building gold reserves.

@Darkeagle quote:

I thought the whole point of the bow was to turn enemies into gold, so it would fit perfectly into a huntress jackpot build for building gold reserves.

Yea i thought so too when i first heard of the bow. i mean its the bow of the bling king

I find a lot of the complaining all of you are doing is wrong. Aside from the charge sphere its a great weapon. You CANNOT compare a single weapons dps versus other heros and who get their dps from their ABILITIES... you are comparing a weapon to a heros abilities.. Seriously. The bow is fine!!!! The huntress abilities are the problem here and we are waiting on the revamp..

@TMTrainer quote:

Realistically, I think that the bow is probably weak, but an even bigger issue with it being weak is that EV and AL will *always* overshadow the bow and, since they are the top DPS classes currently, one overwhelmingly good, the other simply better AoE...

...basically if this bow doesn't at least come close to their DPS, it's going to be regarded as bad or subpar. The DPS is bar is far too high for the current design of this bow.

I think that's the major problem, the DPS bar is so high no matter what Bow is released it will never close the gap. However it doesn't help that this bow is weak to begin with and has no 4s or procs with the charge sphere.

That would of at least given it good enough dps to be a place holder until the Huntress was properly revamped. I still use my Huntress for DPS, but I won't be using this bow as it currently stands when it's released on the PS4.

Oh well I'm sure these changes will make someone happy who thinks 125k dps is amazing.

I still think the Design and execution of this bow is done by someone who has no clue how the Huntress works. If it's going to be a Legendary bow it should be a staple of being able to roll 4s and proc with Charged Sphere. If the bow was designed with that intention it may of been actually useful, instead of coming up with a novelty gimmick which when applied with the Charge Sphere breaks the game.

Has anyone tested how much DPS  the secondary charge does? Because it seriously has to be good considering you're running up close as a huntress who can't tank anything above a goblin hit, as compared to the squire who can tank everything and then some.

@Edrath quote:

I find a lot of the complaining all of you are doing is wrong. Aside from the charge sphere its a great weapon. You CANNOT compare a single weapons dps versus other heros and who get their dps from their ABILITIES... you are comparing a weapon to a heros abilities.. Seriously. The bow is fine!!!! The huntress abilities are the problem here and we are waiting on the revamp..

EV2's weapon dps is higher also.

@Soulstiger quote:

@Edrath quote:

Using logic in this thread is dangerous, don't say I didn't warn you.

@Soulstiger quote:

What's the go-to EV2 DPS Canister right now? I'm doing some DPS testing, and I want to make sure I'm using the right one.

@iamisom quote:

@Soulstiger quote:

What's the go-to EV2 DPS Canister right now? I'm doing some DPS testing, and I want to make sure I'm using the right one.

Well, I use mag magnis. And apparently I remembered incorrectly, as I'm getting like 80k with it. Must have been affected by some sort of buff at the time. I haven't checked what my midas-o-bling's dps again yet either.

Mine are about on par with eachother within 20 hero damage of eachother. After taking their gear off and allocating stats to try and get their hero damage as close as possible, but ended up 20ish in the huntresses favor.

33,058 with the Bling-O-Midas with 112% dot damage

and 33,300 with the Mag Magnus.

@iamisom quote:

@Soulstiger quote:

The blue mag manus or the yellow rapidshooter seems to be the two most used

@iamisom quote:

@Soulstiger quote:

Lucky for you i just finished this today :d. I still need to add the secondary attacks to it though. It might help you.

https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/135787

@dreamanime quote:

Lucky for you i just finished this today :d. I still need to add the secondary attacks to it though. It might help you.

https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/135787

That is perfect. Thanks!

If the bow works with charged shot sphere (whole duration of the secondary atk) I think it would be a worthwhile bow to use. 4s/1 or 2s/2 would be awesome too =)

Here is the issue with it being able to proc with primary shot sphere,

As stated in the Dev Stream revealing the Bling -O- Midas, they want people to pick the rolls that they want. Meaning some people will look for rolls specifically for the primary shot & want no use for the seconday whilst others will want to roll stats in favor of the secondary shot.

Now ofc there is an argument that players could just use a different sphere, but even with the primary shot sphere & it proc'ing the seconday shot. Youre going to have to be close to mobs (typically I stay away from mobs & shoot with my huntress.. or else I die a lot)

After testing the bow out, the DPS off of the secondary charged shot doesn't seem to be too high (granted I may have had bad rolls) So in my case I would actually lose some DPS if I used the primary shot sphere.

I don't think people are really thinking it over with what the primary shot sphere would actually do the bow.

iamisom If you want to make the bow complete & have people satisfied with how it works. Add AoE to the primary shot (maybe similar/more than what the unerfed armored cleanser had) AS for the secondary charged shot... it may need some more oomph

maybe possibly a hidden perk that occasionally drops 100 gold on a kill Emoji_WarBoar.png

Think that would go along nicely with the midas/gold aspect of the weapon :p

For all those yelling the bow HAS to be 4/s and work with charged shot sphere, I think that indicates more that we don't have any healthy competitors for that sphere, than that a 2/s bow was a stupid design. Personally I'd love to see legendary bows have their own specific shot speed/styles like the midos. Would make each one feel more unique.

Also, people aren't really comparing apples to apples here. EV hits over a million DPS? With what? Decked out gear, abilities procing together, with monk buffs, and a lich proc? Not comparable in the least to the huntresses current skills. Compare at the base, not with factors that are irrelivent to the bow itself.

As far as trendy's question, the power feels better, but ultimately, I feel the bow just has a design that is either going to be only gimiky, or blatently overpowered compared to its competitors. Resistances aren't particularily relivent in DD2, and we can't get health and still make a true DPS huntress, so as someone else mentioned, getting that close has to have a big payoff to be worth it, especialy with the questionable cast time.

Also, a random design question; we had flamethrowers in DD1. With the notion to make what is basically a flamethrower secondary shot, just curious why the design team tried to make such a wonky secondary shot, rather than try and introduce a new "shot style" that would be cool to see with a unique bow?

@xArcAngel quote:

Also, a random design question; we had flamethrowers in DD1. With the notion to make what is basically a flamethrower secondary shot, just curious why the design team tried to make such a wonky secondary shot, rather than try and introduce a new "shot style" that would be cool to see with a unique bow?

Well we sort of have it with the scatter shot on other bows. But i agree that if they want to make a flamethrower type attack, then just put it on a new weapon. While i love that they where trying to give the new bow a unique feel i think maybe its charged shot shooting a golden hand that knocks back even ogres would have been cool. I mean this is the hand of midas theme after all. Know that might make the bow op it might not since you can't be on every ogre in every lane, but it would sure give the bow a huge boost in feel. And increase the desire for it probably fairly significantly.

@xArcAngel quote:

Also, people aren't really comparing apples to apples here. EV hits over a million DPS? With what? Decked out gear, abilities procing together, with monk buffs, and a lich proc? Not comparable in the least to the huntresses current skills. Compare at the base, not with factors that are irrelivent to the bow itself.

Yeah, I wouldn't say it's fair to compare it to a class boosted by outside sources. At least not without the same sources, but why not just withhold them for the results?

But, a monk using his hero boost? Or other classes using their abilities? Why shouldn't that be fair game? The huntress seems to be more of an attack based character with more utilities type abilities. Well, aside from the phoenix shot. And as previously stated, I've gotten similar dps from both EV2 (Mag Magnus) and Huntress (Bling-O-Midas) though, a perfect roll on the dot might push the Huntress, slightly, over the EV2.

Now, if the other classes were more burst like, I could see not doing a straight comparison of their abilities vs Huntresses primary/secondary, but this isn't the case. Under most circumstances Abyss Lord and EV2 can continue using their abilities consistently. Though, the Abyss Lord relies on their being mobs left to recharge off of.

@Dewkin quote:

Here is the issue with it being able to proc with primary shot sphere,

As stated in the Dev Stream revealing the Bling -O- Midas, they want people to pick the rolls that they want. Meaning some people will look for rolls specifically for the primary shot & want no use for the seconday whilst others will want to roll stats in favor of the secondary shot.

Now ofc there is an argument that players could just use a different sphere, but even with the primary shot sphere & it proc'ing the seconday shot. Youre going to have to be close to mobs (typically I stay away from mobs & shoot with my huntress.. or else I die a lot)

After testing the bow out, the DPS off of the secondary charged shot doesn't seem to be too high (granted I may have had bad rolls) So in my case I would actually lose some DPS if I used the primary shot sphere.

I don't think people are really thinking it over with what the primary shot sphere would actually do the bow.

iamisom If you want to make the bow complete & have people satisfied with how it works. Add AoE to the primary shot (maybe similar/more than what the unerfed armored cleanser had) AS for the secondary charged shot... it may need some more oomph

maybe possibly a hidden perk that occasionally drops 100 gold on a kill Emoji_WarBoar.png

Think that would go along nicely with the midas/gold aspect of the weapon :p

Yeah, not sure the people clamoring for the charged primary to work with it are thinking about what they are actually asking for. I also agree that it doesn't have a proper competitor, as it is pretty much the only choice.