Sign in to follow this  
KnowsNoLimits

Thoughts on the official Bling-O-Midas Bow changes

First off you guys ***ed up so bad on this bow it has to be said multiple times. I don't know if you even tested it for end game or tested it at all.

Now as for the proposed changes from the newest dev log.

The focus of the bow is its Secondary Attack, particularly its Damage Over Time and Slow effects. We’re increasing the DoT damage min and max range as well as increasing the minimum value of the duration so the DoT will hit harder and last longer. We’re increasing the minimum value of the Slow effect so the lowest rolls will still have a strong slowing impact. These changes take the bow roll from “below average to great” to “good to amazing.” We’re also adding DoT tracking to training dummies so you can shower them in golden DPS numbers.

I'm still highly skeptical of this bow being god like as it should of been, just because you are still set on improving the gimmick of this bow and are refusing to budge on it not rolling with 4s and taking advantage of the charged sphere.

No reason it can't have both.

I think to make this bow really worth farming for, the squire's sword should be compared to. It has the provoke passive part which is maybe about on par with slows and the DoT on the huntress bow (my opinion feel free to disagree) so the main comparison should be between the flamethrower abilities.

Squire: rolls up to 600% of ap 2 attacks per second, instant activation, blocks while attacking, infinite duration

Huntress: rolls up to 100%? of hero damage 2 attacks per second, charge time, no block, limited duration

is the hero damage really 6x more abundant than ability power to explain the difference in numbers? and surely since squire has instant activation block and infinite duration huntress can maybe have a bit more damage/a bit more slow on the secondary attack?

it has a nice splash animation, put it to use and give primary attack splash like Besty Bow and Armor Cleanser.

fix pets to buff its damage.

as KnowsNoLimits said without 4s i highly doubt any one will use it Especially if it cant even use charge shot sphere .

personally i think they should drop the spray and rework it to use the jackpot reel on it, every shoot would spin the reel and depending on what it lands on it could do anything from fire a fancy high damage shot or buff the party or even buff the towers near you.  its model is basically a slot machine why not make it act like one. 

if its giving nice buffs to others and towers not many will care about its damage and to me support it a lot more fun to play as.

@OneEaredNeko quote:personally i think they should drop the spray and rework it to use the jackpot reel on it, every shoot would spin the reel and depending on what it lands on it could do anything from fire a fancy high damage shot or buff the party or even buff the towers near you.  its model is basically a slot machine why not make it act like one.

I really like this idea and since it fits the theme of the weapon, could be quite a fun weapon and we already have a flamethrower weapon (though it would probably be more development time especially compared to adjusting numbers).

@NineO_OSix quote:

how do you know there is no 4s?

I know plenty of people who farmed this map all day long with no 4/s. And I haven't heard of anyone getting a 4/s on the forums. If a 4/s spawns you'd think you'd have evidence of one by now. 

@talynone quote:

@NineO_OSix quote:

how do you know there is no 4s?

I know plenty of people who farmed this map all day long with no 4/s. And I haven't heard of anyone getting a 4/s on the forums. If a 4/s spawns you'd think you'd have evidence of one by now. 

Not necessarily.  It's entirely possible that one hasn't dropped at all. It's also possible tons have dropped and it's just people who don't visit the forum. Or they didn't know that people thought it didn't drop 4/s and haven't spoken up.

It's also possible that it doesn't drop 4/s, of course. :P

@OneEaredNeko quote:

it has a nice splash animation, put it to use and give primary attack splash like Besty Bow and Armor Cleanser.

fix pets to buff its damage.

as KnowsNoLimits said without 4s i highly doubt any one will use it Especially if it cant even use charge shot sphere .

personally i think they should drop the spray and rework it to use the jackpot reel on it, every shoot would spin the reel and depending on what it lands on it could do anything from fire a fancy high damage shot or buff the party or even buff the towers near you.  its model is basically a slot machine why not make it act like one. 

if its giving nice buffs to others and towers not many will care about its damage and to me support it a lot more fun to play as.

I like your idea, you have given the bow some personality now and ya know you also sort of gave a taste of what the Jester use to do with her ability. Which was tremendousky powerful if done right.

It's a real shame, as a Huntress user all I wanted was a be all end all bow to bring her inline with Ev2 and AL until she got revamped. What we got instead was the worse bow in the game which if it doesn't include what I mentioned isn't viable in the least.

Unless they buff the golden stream tremendously in damage or to be infinite like the unholy sword and have the base damage of the weapon scale extraordinary well to the hero damage stat it will be out shined.

Like the deceptive Akatiti Jungle weapons which did just that in DD1. 

If not this bow will continue to be considered trash tier and as a novelty weapon at best. 

There is no anger here.

Just alot of disappointment and if this is some how due to a technical issue, then why have the bow in the first place?

The 4s thing should be able to roll on all Legendary bows. The charged sphere is a staple to maximize her DPS. The gimmick in place is supposed to make the weapon shine I get that, but all it does is limit it's power over slowing down enemies. Due to what ever technical issues this is causing, either it's the sphere or the 4s conflicting here.

If it we are going to focus on it's secondary attack as it's primary then it should be able to make up for the lost dps it loses with not being able to use the charged sphere.

This bow is going to be needing one hella of a buff to compensate.

So who designed this thing?

This isn't directed to you, but who ever designed this trash bow. If you don't understand how the Huntress works, don't work on the Huntress. It's really that simple.

Patience isn't the issue here. I have to wait till the end of the month to receive this R Kelley Bow on the PS4.

I'm just extremely disappointed seeing that the base mechanics of the Huntress were overlooked on this weapon. However you say they plan to hotfix the Charge Sphere to proc with it? well that's a step in the right direction at least.

As for the 4s thing, I would of been fine with further RNG. I don't buy that balance excuse though, especially when you have the Unholy Sword being so much better and how is that balanced exactly?

Is no one else bothered by the fact that there are five random roles for the passive alone? when you still need four other rolls to be the passives or stats that you want whereas every other item has only one or two rolls for the passive itself. If possible it would be nice for the firing distances/range to be a static number and at least make the damage better to make up for the attack duration loss in comparison to the unholy catacombs sword. Why even bother going for nine good rolls when it won't even compare in the first place.  Getting perfect rolls is already so difficult in the first place, changing the min and max value for the ranges is a good idea but in the end there is still that many rolls to go for its appalling. More damage will make it usable but why force people who want the bow to farm longer. I really hope this isn't the direction items rolls are going towards in the future.

I heard from all my trusted friends that it's bad. Got it. Didn't try. Used for upgrade.

First the squire and now the huntress...

How about removing all classes differences and just making flamethrower weapons for everyone, cause it seems thats the direction TE want to go.

When I use the squire its to swing a sword around, not shooting with a flamethrower.

When I use the huntress its to shoot at a long range, not mid-melee with again, a flamethrower.

What will the monk be?   A flamethrower will replace his regular long shot from his hand?

And what will the apprentice be?   A flamethrower out of his butt like Cartman did in the stick of truth?

That's just me but I really don't like the concept of those new flamethrower weapons.

Since it is 2s/1 I felt the primary should at least do splash dmg? This bow definitely doesn't work with charged shot sphere. Not a great bow to be farming a good one

Seriously guys HOW should the charged sphere work for this bow? I mean you are attacking with left clicks and then for a second the golden flamethrower appears and after a minimal short time it disapears? Normally you are shooting and some shots are fully charged secondary attacks...I just dont know how this would work with the  Bling bow...

They say in the hotfix that the sphere not working with this bow is a known issue.  I do not think they intend for the flame thrower part to come out every time the sphere procs but rather just a regular secondary shot with the regular % of additional damage.

I rly don't think 90k dps with this bow is bad at all, considering i only have around 20k hero dmg and i havent upped a single item.

90k dps is the stable dps btw, i topped at 110k dps a few times, but not enough to be reliable.

The bow is not as bad as people say and the 60% slow on it is just nuts rly. Huntress can now clear trash mobs as easy as squire, monk and AL + she keeps all her good high dmg on single targets.

Just because the charged shot sphere isn't good on the bow, doesn't mean the bow is terrible, do you guys even realize that there is another sphere that boost dmg on huntress? I'm using this over my 700ipwr base 4/s burst bow now.

@DKperfection quote:

I rly don't think 90k dps with this bow is bad at all, considering i only have around 20k hero dmg and i havent upped a single item.

90k dps is the stable dps btw, i topped at 110k dps a few times, but not enough to be reliable.

The bow is not as bad as people say and the 60% slow on it is just nuts rly. Huntress can now clear trash mobs as easy as squire, monk and AL + she keeps all her good high dmg on single targets.

Just because the charged shot sphere isn't good on the bow, doesn't mean the bow is terrible, do you guys even realize that there is another sphere that boost dmg on huntress? I'm using this over my 700ipwr base 4/s burst bow now.

Cool! glad you are enjoying it.

I personally don't like anything about this bow.

These are my personal thoughts on the bow.

It's design is ugly and looks nothing like a bow.

The idea behind it is uninspiring, it's just a higher range Unholy sword with slow. You would of thought with it having bling in it's name it would of taken advantage of the gold aspect more.

You could get over 100k before, especially when the charged sphere proc'd. So it's damage is a minimal increase over that, which is so disappointing.

I'm personally glad it got the hate it recieved.

I will back up DK here because i do like this new bow alot too. I did alot of tests with it today to see what is the best for it. The playstyle of it is actually really what picks my interest, cause all weapons are the same except this one. All weapons are Hit = damage output, but this one is hit, hit a different monster, hit another monster, hit another different or hit all for half a second and that is = damage output. This bow has an huge damage over time and it frees you up to do other stuff or add extra damage by just shooting stuff.

For single target charge shoot any 4s bow is better, but the more more enemys you actually have the better this bow is.

I do with my primary attack around 100k-120k dps, but that is not what this bow is about. The true value of this bow is to shoot as many enemys as you can. Why so?

The primary attack adds one dot of 120% atk damage with one tick for each second over 8 seconds. It also adds a 60% slow which is really strong. So what is that damage? Well base is around 30-40k dot damage, poison tips works well and lich. With poison tips you have a dot of roughly 60k and with lich the dot is 100k. Now here comes the usefullness and magic, you just need to tag an monster to apply the dot (one shoot) or using the secondary attack and tag ALL MONSTER you can get to add this. Meaning if you use it in a wave and run over to another and lets say tag 20-30 monster in just a matter of a few seconds (you don't need to shoot them more then once or use the secondary attack and shoot them half a second to get this damage done) you actually do over 8 seconds around 480k-800k per monster, damage depending on what pet buffs/debuffs you use. So for lets say 20 monster, just runned past and hold the flame just for half a second into them, it is roughly 8m-16m damage done in 8 seconds. And I BET you can tag way more monster with just one charge of the flame, i did easily multiple lanes and depending on some maps like bets you literally can tag 4 lanes.

This was just the dot damage, you actually would need to add the primary damage or the aoe damage on top of this damage too to get the real vallue :d.

This bow has a own playstyle to it then others it is about spreading the damage and creating a huge AOE damage output over time instead of what all other weapons are, just single or a small area damage. It is unique in that regard and that is what is interesting. The more you run around kinda the more damage you can do with it.

I do like it, really and i don't even have a ATK/CRIT huntress, but i will now try to get a ATK/CRIT set for my huntress because this bow is actually worth it in my eyes. It is strong, it is just a different a absolut new weapon type kinda (not counting the small damage of the flame bow ignite).

KnowsNoLimits I do agree with it beeing ugly really, but it is nothing like the unholy sword passiv. It is different.

[[94093,users]] You do have a tendacy to bring up some good points.

Hmmm so it promotes tag and run gameplay? 

I don't know, this weapon sounds like it would of been more suited to EV2, especially with the death from above ability.

See no one ever mentioned the marking of as many targets as possible and the let the dot do the rest aspect of the bow. However it's not really needed when you have Archers and Serenity Auras that can take down the bulk of the mob. This bow is what going to take the 5-10 enemies if that which get through your defenses?

I'm glad we agree on one thing though, this weapon doesn't even resemble a bow.