Sign in to follow this  
KnowsNoLimits

So how's the Bling-O-Midas?

@iamisom quote:

Seems like it needs a bit more love. I'll talk to the team. :P

Some love is an understatement.

This piss bow doesn't even roll 4s. Which would of made it amazing if it worked off the charge shot sphere as well. I just don't get why the Huntress got such a weak weapon, when the Squire got an amazing one.

This really should of been the best Huntress bow, not the worse. 

Then we would finally have a Legendary bow that is worthy of the name.

since this is regarding the new update, I figured id talk a bit about the life leech passive. Apparantely this is a 'bug' but I for one want it to stay the way it is now, sitting around the 800 health on hit. life leech was a gimmick before, but now its a favorable roll to haver along with hero crit chance/ etc.

The R kelly bow is terrible, a 2s.....with x1...and standard shot.....Why? Not only that but that thing is UGLY, it's unaesthetic AF, I will not use that crap even if it becomes the best bow in the game. Very disappointed, will continue to use my AC....even tho you guys nerfed the crap out of the poor thing.

I like the idea behind it with the slow and the burn, I just think the damage needs a boost. 

The left click is cool. With the slow from that and from oiling strikes (replaced charged primary since it doesn't work with it), a bearkira (golden of course), and a serenity aura slow, you can make it so that mobs barely move while they burn. The only problem is that the damage isn't all that great. Also, the left click looks like it should have an AC style AOE on hit with the splash.

I don't really get the right click. It's supposed to be a spray with a fast tick damage, but unless I've only seen bad rolls, the spray is way too short to do anything worthwhile, and the damage is again just kinda low, especially for the charge time. You could straight up double the damage it puts out, and my EV2 would still do more than twice that at 5x the range.

I'd be really happy if the damage was boosted, because I feel like there's a lot of potential for a slow stacking lockdown strategy, and while that still works with the current setup, it's almost not worth it when you could just use a different bow and kill the things you're slowing instead.

well the charged atk seems REALLY REALLY weak, why would i spend that much time charging it for that low dmg? i could just shoot normal arrows and do ALOT more dmg in same time..... right now this bow isent worth the time to farm, its really bad. so want gloves great go ahead and farm the new inc, dont really care about those gloves and few extra stat points just play whatever map u like cos then this isent worth doing.

@Tiamat quote:

The R kelly bow is terrible, a 2s.....with x1...and standard shot.....Why? Not only that but that thing is UGLY, it's unaesthetic AF, I will not use that crap even if it becomes the best bow in the game. Very disappointed, will continue to use my AC....even tho you guys nerfed the crap out of the poor thing.

OMFG R Kelly BOW. Can't stop laughing, my stomach workout for the day is complete.

Too much focus on dps fellas. This bow is for cash and I think its a good idea to have it. There should be more specialized weapons like a "pet affection boost" monk weapon.

The map is lots of fun, the Littlehorn layout we all know. The Incursion is 5 rounds and pretty short with active players.

AFKers will be kicked I imagine

Proton beams still not fixed which is utter madness so Trendy are relying on the gear grind for the gloves to satisfy everyone's gaming needs, and as we all know gear grind isn't enough.

Haven't used the bow it dropped cos not playing huntress at all currently. No reason to, EV is far more fun.

The new incursion makes catacombs fully redundant (if you have chest pieces) as why would you run 7 waves with an @rse ache mechanism when you can do 5 for far more drops.

The bow is a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE disappointment. The very first time I picked it up and used it, I immediately scrunched up my face in disbelief. Who the hell in the dev team allowed a piece of crap like this to pass QA?

The VFX on the primary attack makes it look like it deals AoE damage, but it doesn't. The charged secondary shot is the stupidly weak version of squire's flamethrower, which makes absolutely no sense seeing as how the huntress has to be up close to use it and she can't even take a single hit from anything above a goblin without dying. You guys apparently forgot about 'high risk high reward' and went back to 'high risk low reward'? And why would I want to burn enemies at a piss poor % of 50+% of my hero damage that ticks every second or so when I can just stickynade or 4/s them in the face with a much better bow that has a gazillion more dps?

You guys did an amazing job with squire's flamethrower but took a million steps back with bling-o-midas.

[[155073,users]]
quote:

Too much focus on dps fellas. This bow is for cash and I think its a good idea to have it. There should be more specialized weapons like a "pet affection boost" monk weapon.

And why would we want to use this bow specifically for cash when we already have a viable gold farming setup called squire flamethrower + jackpot?

@JD_0706 quote:

I don't know what you are talking about.

The Bow doesn't give you gold, it fires molten gold on your enemies.

Think this.

large.gif

But oh such more disappointing.

I'm going to be different and say that I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with this bow.

One of the biggest selling points of the bow is the slow, 60% slow is a HUGE modifier, especially when combined with other slowing tools such as chilling, frost tower, oiling and serenity.

The damage is clearly designed around the right click channel, getting 65-75% rolls on the DoT tick and the channel ticks can easily result in 60k DPS to every mob hit (You also need to understand that the crit scaling on the squire sword is a bug and not a good comparison, 16k hits and 70k crits with the flamethrower is not going to last)

My only real complaint is the difficulty on obtaining one with good stats for the special. 6 different modifiers that all play an important role in its effectiveness, DoT duration is the only one that doesn't matter too much, finding a 70%+ DoT damage and channel damage bow with 30% slow is not fun!

The problem I have with the bow is that the passive currently has five different rolls that have massive ranges.  For example,  the bow I found rolled 71% hero damage over 4 seconds to each enemy hit.  My friend's bow rolled 43%. Why have five different values that have to roll high and have massive ranges on them.  On top of that you need to find the other passives you want on the bow. 

I find no reason to farm the bow at this current time especially with the damage output not being all that great,  as many have stated. The damage is lower than the squire weapon and the squire can output this damage while blocking... This along with the number of values to roll makes farming it sound like a nightmare. 

Just my thoughts. 

I really like the idea of the bow and don't mind how it looks. It is trying to capture the same vibe as some of the unique and wacky weapons from DD1 which I think is a good thing. Remember the Steam Gun and the Portal Gun and the Chicken Cannon? I think they were trying for something along the same lines. In that regard I say good job Trendy.

As far as big differences in stats from drop to drop ... again this is how things worked in DD1 and which I like. If there was a good weapon (and granted bling o midas may not be it), you would farm the heck out of the map until you got the best one? How many runs of Boss Rush did you do to get that sweet Classic's Eagle Crested Standard?

Why the big hang up over the bow, the thing that SHOULD have happened with this update was the fix to the proton beam.

Having max crit damage at tier1 and being affected by press your luck and panic fire makes the whole game a complete joke.

The small niggles over one bow is of miniscule importance to fixing a "Betsy boot" type exploitable bug.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Viable, gimmicky or the best bow in the game?

Needs some love for sure :) but the map is pretty cool imo

@Fozzie quote:

Why the big hang up over the bow, the thing that SHOULD have happened with this update was the fix to the proton beam.

Having max crit damage at tier1 and being affected by press your luck and panic fire makes the whole game a complete joke.

The small niggles over one bow is of miniscule importance to fixing a "Betsy boot" type exploitable bug.

making the game a joke started with AL archer builds. granted things should get interesting whenever the strategic revamp is realeased. 

@Zkurcrow quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Viable, gimmicky or the best bow in the game?

Needs some love for sure :) but the map is pretty cool imo

Yup the bow may suck, but you can't go wrong with Little Horn Valley. Also the Bling King finishes it off nicely.

I did some numbers last night:

The sword of unholy fire kicks the pants off the bling bow.

But that mostly has to do with the fact that the bling bow's secondary needs 2 seconds of charge time and only sprays for ~6 seconds whereas the sword is instant and infinite.  Damage wise they're almost the same (sword is better, but the worst possible roll on the sword is A LOT better than the worst possible roll on the bow, where as the best roll on each the sword is only slightly better).  Sword though only has one random attribute component (cone's damage), whereas the bow has six: DOT damage, DOT duration, DOT slow, secondary cone width, secondary damage, secondary cone range.

BUT! In terms of primary attack DPS, the bling bow is very close to par with other bows (higher damage per shot plus DOT, but lower rate of fire and no charged secondary), but fails against EV (because the Meg'Manus is easy to get and hands down the best canister).  Bow vs. Bow I'd say Trendy got things just right. 

All tests were done with the same gear, every piece had hero damage, with as much crit chance/damage as I could manage.  All stat points were reset.  Squire used different gear, a motley collection of anything that had ability power and similar iPWR to the bow tests.

The slow on it is pretty amazing, and while the dps isn't amazing right now, it's still viable damage.

@JD_0706 quote:

What effect exactly does it have on cash? And no thanks to class specific bonus weapons like pet affection ect.