Sign in to follow this  
KnowsNoLimits

So how's the Bling-O-Midas?

I just got one, take a glance.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/262712703886316004/44255F2D043190C5FBA923555A44F73944151F0A/

Assuming this is it, of course.

Edit: Against dummies, it doesn't seem to apply the burn and the charge shot effect seems very buggy.

Keep in mind that the VFX for the secondary attack and the VFX for enemies that are hit will be updated in a hotfix. 

@TMTrainer quote:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/262712703886316004/44255F2D043190C5FBA923555A44F73944151F0A/

Sounds nice enough.

I hope it rolls in 4s as well and the midas touch passive touch is quite interesting, especially the charged shot aspect of it. Couple that effect with the charged shot sphere and it could be quite devastating.

Sounds promising at least.

[[4370,users]] quote:Keep in mind that the VFX for the secondary attack and the VFX for enemies that are hit will be updated in a hotfix.

Why have you got me thinking it going to look like piss now hahaha.

it seems the charged shot has to be held down to use it and it goes for about.. 10 seconds? i have yet to use the bow in-game though since i just got it xD kobold.png

Cant use the Primary Charge Shot Sphere with Bling Bow :< so lots of missed out damage there also cant have its backpack thingy with a costume on.

@OneEaredNeko quote:

Cant use the Primary Charge Shot Sphere with Bling Bow :< so lots of missed out damage there also cant have its backpack thingy with a costume on.

I think it depends on what costume.. Using the goblin huntress and I have the backpack..

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@TMTrainer quote:

Sounds nice enough.

I hope it rolls in 4s as well and the midas touch passive touch is quite interesting, especially the charged shot aspect of it. Couple that effect with the charged shot sphere and it could be quite devastating.

Sounds promising at least.

iamisom quote:Keep in mind that the VFX for the secondary attack and the VFX for enemies that are hit will be updated in a hotfix.

Why have you got me thinking it going to look like piss now hahaha.

I don't think it does, and charged shot sphere doesn't work on it(which is a big reason why you want a 4/s bow)

Poison Tips and Cyclone have no effect on Bling Bow spray but they work fine for knights flame thrower.

i was using steampunk costume

@OneEaredNeko quote:

Melee huntress now....

Worst part is I called it a week ago.  -_-

Maybe some ppl will like it but imo its the worst looking huntress weapon (I can't call it a bow cause it looks nothing like one) and I will stick to the falcon bow, wait nvm I haven't used huntress since AL came out.

its poop.....

the life leech on it is pretty high... but the dmg output is... well its crap, unholy sword is miles better.

should have replaced bling bow with unnerfed armored cleanser :/

edit: To make it viable, i would recommend scaling the hero dmg % even higher, give it good AoE & possibly make it so enemies hit by the bow drop more gold (thought that feature was going to be implemented but was sad when it wasnt :( )

@Dewkin quote:

its poop.....

the life leech on it is pretty high... but the dmg output is... well its crap, unholy sword is miles better.

Damn that sounds disappointing.

This was the one chance to make the Huntress strong before she got revamped.

Nah screw the Armored Cleanser it had it's chance and looked stupid as well. Give me a bow that is the be all, end all weapon for the Huntress.

low damage, no free charge shots with primary, cant buff it with pets....not much of a weapon and super disappointing.

i would say use it just for the fun of it but meh too much missed out damage.

@Dewkin quote:

its poop.....

edit: To make it viable, i would recommend scaling the hero dmg % even higher, give it good AoE & possibly make it so enemies hit by the bow drop more gold (thought that feature was going to be implemented but was sad when it wasnt :( )

life leech was buffed on everything, not just the bow

@OneEaredNeko quote:

low damage, no free charge shots with primary, cant buff it with pets....not much of a weapon and super disappointing.

Ya sounds pretty gimmicky then, which is what I was afraid of.

Oh well at least you can some what farm a better glove piece.

Ok.  The urinator kinda sucks.  The primary shot also looks like something else (do some headshots on an ogre).  Someone had a freudian moment...

Aside from the jokes, the secondary charge time can be shortened by half, a bit more DPS, and maybe last longer.  I actually like the fact that it times out, because I always felt the squire's flame block was hack in that fashion.  (Squire's fire block should use up ability mana, or time out as well... always felt that way).

I actually liked the idea behind the incursion.  2000% better than Catacombs.  Adios catacombs...  good riddance.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@OneEaredNeko quote:

that and its easy level to grind gear on, tons of loot dropping special mob kobalds.

@OneEaredNeko quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@OneEaredNeko quote:

that and its easy level to grind gear on, tons of loot dropping special mob kobalds.

Well there's that at least.

This really does sound like the worse bow in the game now. Disappointing to see them *** up this bad and now the Huntress won't see a thing till a few months when the revamp hits.

Oh well, cheers for the info.

@sgof quote:

Ok.  The urinator kinda sucks.  The primary shot also looks like something else (do some headshots on an ogre).  Someone had a freudian moment...

Aside from the jokes, the secondary charge time can be shortened by half, a bit more DPS, and maybe last longer.  I actually like the fact that it times out, because I always felt the squire's flame block was hack in that fashion.  (Squire's fire block should use up ability mana, or time out as well... always felt that way).

I actually liked the idea behind the incursion.  2000% better than Catacombs.  Adios catacombs...  good riddance.

I'm already bored of this new gold incursion after 2 wins.   zZzZzZ

Not really different than catacombs, run to win.

Bling o Midas does not make me want to play as the Huntress. It feels like she has a nerfed weapon version of the squire sword. 

The incursion itself is pretty fun. I am pretty sure trendy is trying to make this game less of an AFK Game, which theses new incursions are doing perfectly well. Can't afk with Catacombs the whole way through. I've seen ppl afk for the 1st 3-4 waves!  You must play after that. Similarly here, there is no way to AFK this map, which I like,

Personally, I enjoy the incursion. I don't care for the bow. But, then again, I was never a huntress fan anyway. Not even in DD1. The glove piece is what I will be looking for. :-)

On another note, seeing all these "known" issues upon release makes me wonder if doing more updates more often is something Trendy can keep up with. Maybe Schuldule release a little further between so you don't have any "known" issues. Just the unknown ones.

Anyway, I suggest playing bling King for the glove piece and for the fun that the map gives. :-)

@SpiderDanX quote:

Bling o Midas does not make me want to play as the Huntress. It feels like she has a nerfed weapon version of the squire sword. 

The incursion itself is pretty fun. I am pretty sure trendy is trying to make this game less of an AFK Game, which theses new incursions are doing perfectly well. Can't afk with Catacombs the whole way through. I've seen ppl afk for the 1st 3-4 waves!  You must play after that. Similarly here, there is no way to AFK this map, which I like,

Personally, I enjoy the incursion. I don't care for the bow. But, then again, I was never a huntress fan anyway. Not even in DD1. The glove piece is what I will be looking for. :-)

On another note, seeing all these "known" issues upon release makes me wonder if doing more updates more often is something Trendy can keep up with. Maybe Schuldule release a little further between so you don't have any "known" issues. Just the unknown ones.

Anyway, I suggest playing bling King for the glove piece and for the fun that the map gives. :-)

I agree with you to an extent, play the map for the glove piece & for the 'fun"

but the glove piece.... the drop rate is abysmal. on top of that you have to hope for the right passives to roll on it. Even then, even after spending all those hours praying to rng, the extra stats will be so minuscule to your overall towers/ heroes that it would be practically nothing

As for the fun aspect.... well it was fun the first 2 times... then it just got a tad repetitive.

@Some random guy quote:

I'm already bored of this new gold incursion after 2 wins.   zZzZzZ

Not really different than catacombs, run to win.

Umm... yea.  I gave a couple more tries, and I agree with you a bit.

However, the idea behind picking up the gold, and the mob count based on the gold delivered seems less "artificial" than catacombs.  Hard to win (an argument) here. lol.

The map, I have to say was a pretty cool design. I like that incursion maps are becoming kind of like DD1's challenges. Fun and unique. Although, I hope sooner or later we have access to these 750 IPWR armors through more than just these gimicky game modes. Fun at first, but when it comes to grinding I see them getting old fast.

And the bow was sadly a disapointment. Charged primary sphere doesnt work on it, which is fine as it creates some diversity in the sphere catagory (and lead me to realize a possible feature/bug? - Different thread). If a burst shot version of the bow exists (regarldess of shot speed, because the sphere interaction), and assuming that the passive caps at 50% hero damage burn, the bow can TIE for DPS with a 4/s burst bow, with the added benefit of a slow (and yes, I've done the math). Its charge shot doesn't even compare in that department, and is only useful vs large mobs when you have a very lucky high ranged roll. In the end, its only admirable feature is a lifesteal that is so high you can heal almost half your HP every second haha.

Props to trendy for making one unique (if ugly...) bow, but I believe it could use some love. Awsome map though!

If they wanna make something more unique for incursions how about one where we need to repair the destroyed sub and main cores,

Maybe dragonfall sewers would be a good choice for that.   Two main and two sub cores if I remember correctly.    Protect some friendly engineer NPC's that needs to move around  for the rebuild, and I mean they can move even in combat phase.

Some pressure valves could also be leaking, blocking the path until some core parts are repaired for the engineer to move on or the room is just flooded.