Sign in to follow this  
wilywilton

What if our enemies could effect us with status effects?

Interesting idea for strategic revamp- What if our enemies could effect us with status effects like frost/frozen/ignite/shock/drench? 

Some goblins throw water balloons/oil grenades, Lightning bugs- lightning- Drakins ignite/ new enemy option frost drakin applies slow/freeze

@wilywilton quote:

Interesting idea for strategic revamp- What if our enemies could effect us with status effects like frost/frozen/ignite/shock/drench? 

Some goblins throw water balloons/oil grenades, Lightning bugs- lightning- Drakins ignite/ new enemy option frost drakin applies slow/freeze

Ogre's already throw slime that slows, so wouldnt be something completely new, but i do welcome a variety of status effects :) Stuns, knockup, blind (can move but not fire) etc.

Slow's irritate me.

Now if these effects had animations that allowed the player to avoid them if they paid attention, it would be great.

As it stands, to avoid Ogre slam, you have to out range it, pretty boring though you can time it and run out which is nice.
But from what I gather, the slime is completely random as to when you get hit, and again only way to avoid it is out ranging it, which is not really a mechanic.

A world of warcraft type ground is marked shortly before an effect takes place would be perfect. or some kind of animation letting players know, get out of range, get behind monster or jump etc would be fun.

@Zimmermann quote:

A world of warcraft type ground is marked shortly before an effect takes place would be perfect. or some kind of animation letting players know, get out of range, get behind monster or jump etc would be fun.

Going off this something like a magic circle when a Dark Mage casts a spell? Don't stand in the circle basically- Obv more than just moving out of a circle. Maybe something like pop the blaze balloon above the mages head to stop the spell

@wilywilton quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

Going off this something like a magic circle when a Dark Mage casts a spell? Don't stand in the circle basically- Obv more than just moving out of a circle. Maybe something like pop the blaze balloon above the mages head to stop the spell

yes to shield blocking or side stepping projectiles, jumping over earthquake type affects and turning away from blinds. all of course need clear animations or some kind of alert. But I would enjoy such effects over clicking switches....

Being slowed is so irritating, same with stuns, blinds etc, but if you can avoid them then its fun as you have no one to blame but yourself.
Simply avoiding melee range or pathing Ogre's so as not to get hit by the slam or slime is simply not a mechanic.

@Zimmermann quote:

As it stands, to avoid Ogre slam, you have to out range it, pretty boring though you can time it and run out which is nice.

You can also jump over it.

But from what I gather, the slime is completely random as to when you get hit, and again only way to avoid it is out ranging it, which is not really a mechanic.

The slime has a very large AOE when it hits the ground.  I agree with you that it's not really avoidable.  I've been saying that ever since the ogres were added to the game.