Sign in to follow this  
dwrowla

How to invite friends in new update?

New update changed the UI and now I can't figure out how to invite friends without telling them to join my game through my profile page. How do I invite people while in game?

I can't find anything. It'll probably take them time to figure out how to best optimize the game for console.

@dwrowla quote:

New update changed the UI and now I can't figure out how to invite friends without telling them to join my game through my profile page. How do I invite people while in game?

press options then move left to the session list option and press X, now you are able to scroll between players, go to the player you want to invite and press SQUARE

@trshy quote:

press options then move left to the session list option and press X, now you are able to scroll between players, go to the player you want to invite and press SQUARE

Ok, but this only works for someone who is in the same public tavern than you are, right?

Now the problem is, how to invite someone from your playstation friends list. Who is not in the same tavern than you currently are, but whom you want to join your game. This was possible before this update with options->manage party->invite, but it seems this got lost with the latest update.

Yeah, it got lost with the latest update. I just invite people to party chats & they can hit the "x" or "cross" button on my PSN name to join session. Easiest way I get around this new feature

Hopefully they add it back in. I do not use public tavern, and what are the chances my friend and I are in the same public tavern? (Assuming public taverns are instanced with player limits)

You need to add more stuff from terraria like events,bosses,yo yos etc. I've been barely playing this game for a week and I'm already a level 50 on all characters! You need to add more characters and I know I know this isn't about inviting people in the new update but you need to add stuff bro -_-

@Wolfeee woof quote:

You need to add more stuff from terraria like events,bosses,yo yos etc. I've been barely playing this game for a week and I'm already a level 50 on all characters! You need to add more characters and I know I know this isn't about inviting people in the new update but you need to add stuff bro -_-

The next big content update is planned include a completely revamped endgame experience, so this should mean people like you will have something to do again. New content is currently not the priority, they first want to get the base game machanics right, fix those bugs and get the game out of early access. Also note that this game is not called Terraria3D for a reason ;)

So then is the only way to have someone join my private tavern to have them select "join game" from my playstation profile? Me and my buddy have been trying for some time without much luck so far. Or am I mistaken that private tavern means only myself can be there?

This is so stupid, this is the second time playing the game and both times, with someone sitting right next to me IRL ready to play, I have to do an internet search to figure out how to invite them to my party.

It's been a month or so since the last time I played, although I did enjoy the game once I was able to figure out the whole party invite deal.

Now I'm back again and 30 minutes after sitting down I'm ranting on a forum instead of playing because someone had the BRIGHT idea to make inviting someone to a group ****ing bizarre.

Screw it, off to play something else where I can invite a person to a group without having to search Google.

@Scriplin quote:

This is so stupid, this is the second time playing the game and both times, with someone sitting right next to me IRL ready to play, I have to do an internet search to figure out how to invite them to my party.

It's been a month or so since the last time I played, although I did enjoy the game once I was able to figure out the whole party invite deal.

Now I'm back again and 30 minutes after sitting down I'm ranting on a forum instead of playing because someone had the BRIGHT idea to make inviting someone to a group ****ing bizarre.

Screw it, off to play something else where I can invite a person to a group without having to search Google.

Amen. What a boneheaded omission. It doesn't get more basic than this.