Sign in to follow this  
snfubar

about the patch 2morrow

would it be possible to just turn off horde in onslaught please? im BEGGING you for all that is right in this game turn it off.

and then at a later time fix it? please?

it's just time consuming...no matter on what map

explosive waves have more power than lousy hordes of "please one hit me" Emoji_Skeleton.png

Horde mode is a throw back to DD1, the number of mobs you see right now were standard in survival mode. Then again they didn't have this infinite round crap that we have now.

In DD1 though you wanted as many enemies as possible to appear. More enemies = more loot.

Onslaught needs alot of work. Trendy know this, we know this and hell even my dog knows this.

Kill them at spawn. Turtle build will only make the wave slow as turtle.

Killling them in spawn wont make them spawn any faster. Would be nice if you could "force" the entire wave to spawn instantly, although i doubt my system could handle that :D

It won't make them spawn faster. It will make the wave end faster.

Ha. I would love the idea of forcing them all out at once too. :P

IT'll only end those few seconds faster that it takes the last monster to reach your defenses tho. Precious seconds i suppose :P

I remember a few other Tower Defenses where you could spawn stuff immidiately, like Bloons. Although i honestly dont think we'd ever see something like this for DD2, it just have too much potential to be abused, building for heavy aoe dmg, focusing builds around spawning wave instant. Would be fun, but only for a short while i think :D

Speaking of.. Gotten Horde 4 times in a row in Throne Room onslaught NM4 now.. Sloooow day today >.<

Yes. Remove this. It is unfun, and makes maps take forever. If you really want horde, at least make it so every lane gets a hoard at the same time rather than individually. That would make it challenging while keeping the wave length down. 

@Zkurcrow quote:

meh, it aint that bad :)

I started my Throne Room NM4 Onslaught around 11:00 today. about 5.5 hours ago. I'm at Round 25. Gotten about 10 Horde rounds. I'm dying inside.

@Tides quote:

@Zkurcrow quote:

meh, it aint that bad :)

I started my Throne Room NM4 Onslaught around 11:00 today. about 5.5 hours ago. I'm at Round 25. Gotten about 10 Horde rounds. I'm dying inside.

well that really does suck. maybe reduce the chance of the actual round would be better. Cause although i don't mind them once every now and again, having them back to back or multiple times is a little excessive.

People seem to forget that hordes used to be the hardest rounds in onslaught back when onslaught got implemented. It doesn't need to be removed, it needs to reworked to the current heroes and towers.

Precious minutes, my friend. On necrotic map, for example, you can turn a 40 minute turtle build game into a quick 15 minute kill-at-spawn build game.

As for onslaughts, you can turn a 28 minute horde round into 15 minutes also by killing them at spawn.

Say you get 10 random rounds of hordes. That could've been 1h 20m time saved for u.

@Tides quote:

IT'll only end those few seconds faster that it takes the last monster to reach your defenses tho. Precious seconds i suppose :P

Our logics are disagreeing on that. I am saying your method of killing at spawn would only give you the seconds that it would take the LAST monster in the wave to reach the usual "turtle spot". That's the time you save. Only those seconds, per wave.

Said this in another thread but guess I'l say it here too.

Imo, survival should be an infinite wave with mobs leveling up and changing special lane ability every 2 minutes and maybe starting with a bit less mana than usual.

The more it goes the more it spawn the stronger mobs ( drakins, mages, burrowers, lvl3 types, etc ).

Also spawn 1 ogre every 5 minutes two times in a row , than 2 ogres than 3, 4, 5 and so on.

The big deal would be when to find the time to upgrade towers since upgrading them prevent them to attack until its done (making the construction ability somewhat useful).

Lastly, since there would be no more build phase after you start it, you definitely need to have your deck ready for anything.

Uhmm nope. :P because if you observe closely, it won't spawn horde waves on other lanes until you clear out the current lanes with it. So you also save time by forcing the horde wave on another lane to come out faster, which saves you minutes and minutes and hours overtime.

@Tides quote:

Our logics are disagreeing on that. I am saying your method of killing at spawn would only give you the seconds that it would take the LAST monster in the wave to reach the usual "turtle spot". That's the time you save. Only those seconds, per wave.

How? I thought we agree'd that killing them in the spawn area does not make them spawn any faster, thus killing them faster only saves the movement time, and only for the last one at that.

Edit: I just changed to my EV2 in my Onslaught (on Round 49 atm in Throne room NM4) and firing mah beam into one of the spawn points did not make them spawn any faster. The mobs vanished and kept spawning 1 at a time like they always seem to do, steadily coming at ya.

between the spawn rate of last % of mobs killed before the next iteration begins, and the walking distance of the mobs, does save alot of time...regardless and if any way to save time vs horde waves works, why not?