Sign in to follow this  
WreckinIT

June Monthly mission

Sword of Unholy fire no longer provokes sadly (if my ps4 information is correct) so might take a while by having to actually provoke 

harbringer easy, farm phase 1, turn squire walls backwards, every 25 seconds provoke the biggest group. 

I have tried myself to use that sword and it doesn't work.

I completed that quest on onslaught, you know that huge wave of enemies? I just built walls and ice towers and was done in like 30 minutes.

I had already completed the stun leveling my abyss lords (the triangle skill stuns and you can pretty much spam it).

Good luck!

But you can use the sword of unholy fire ... it's auto provoking doesn't count towards the goal, but it holds everybody near you, so you can gather really many enemies at once...you need to place a serenty aura under you, because you can't use blocking without causing a massacre (and don't forget to remove purge evil if you have the effect...my first try wasn't so effective lol) and when there are enough enemiey around you: Jump, so that you are glitching around on their heads, so they can't attack you that much...got it in two waves on a normal map that way

The provoke one is the only one I've finished. I was using Horde Onslaught and just alternating between stun and provoke in order to get big waves because i need that 10k stun/knock up and I was leveling up a Monk and Abyss Lord wanted Squire Freezy towers, and needed Squire for Provoke.

So provoke should be the least of your concerns. You'll get that easy enough. I'd provoke then smack enemies, get the gold (from the gold boost Medium Spheres) and rise and repeat.

Though I really wish Trendy would make it to where every attack you block with your shield gives you 1 mana back since Abyss Lord can just absorb mana. But if you do find yourself running out of Mana, just swap to abysslord, drop blues, suck some souls, drop some more blues, then swap to squire and enjoy all the mana.

If you don't have Abyss Lord just swap to another character, drop some mana, swap again, drop, swap drop, and then you should have plenty. They should refill mana (from what I've seen) while in the deck and you can have infinite mana sort of that way.

@Zebrahash quote:

PC doesn't even have Junes monthly yet :(

They have what our monthly was for the catacombs launch. We won't be getting a monthly, as they are switching to bonus missions. Which are weekly.

And, the sword doesn't count towards the goal for you guys? That sounds awful, I'm sorry.

@Zebrahash quote:

There will be no more monthlys anymore on pc...tomorrow you get the bling king incursion update which will introduce weekly quests instead of the monthly missions. They will be easier to do for casual players too, be more fun and not endless grinding and reward you a bigger amount of defender medals than the monthlys in total. Watch their dev streams or if you don't want/have the time read this short thread instead:

https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/135515/whats-coming-up-next-updated-june-1st-2016

I did all the monthly afking while watching games of thrones. Just start the harbinger on a low difficulty and destroy the first cannon, wait for plenty of ennemies on the ship and provoke. took me about 5-10 minutes for that part. Did the same for the rest but on a nm3 and with frosty towers/green auras with the idle flow bonus and water traps. so I knocked them up slowed them up. The slow them up went faster and then I did it without frosty and green aura and added some weak electrical auras, just to stun/kock em up in same times making it twice faster. 

@sirozan quote:
@Zebrahash quote:

There will be no more monthlys anymore on pc...tomorrow you get the bling king incursion update which will introduce weekly quests instead of the monthly missions. They will be easier to do for casual players too, be more fun and not endless grinding and reward you a bigger amount of defender medals than the monthlys in total. Watch their dev streams or if you don't want/have the time read this short thread instead:

https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/135515/whats-coming-up-next-updated-june-1st-2016

Thx for the info. No i hadn't watched the video yet. :)

If you buy the Abyss Lord, and level him up, there's a skill sphere which makes the Skeletal Rams a water elemental attack that douses, and you can make stunning easier by setting up lightning aura in front of your walls.

@oliwaltony quote:

I did all the monthly afking while watching games of thrones. Just start the harbinger on a low difficulty and destroy the first cannon, wait for plenty of ennemies on the ship and provoke. took me about 5-10 minutes for that part. Did the same for the rest but on a nm3 and with frosty towers/green auras with the idle flow bonus and water traps. so I knocked them up slowed them up. The slow them up went faster and then I did it without frosty and green aura and added some weak electrical auras, just to stun/kock em up in same times making it twice faster. 

@MakaiOokami quote:

If you buy the Abyss Lord, and level him up, there's a skill sphere which makes the Skeletal Rams a water elemental attack that douses, and you can make stunning easier by setting up lightning aura in front of your walls.

@oliwaltony quote:

I know this but then you'd only stun them. The monthly quest ask to stun and/or kock hem up. With water traps/electrical auras, they get stunned while being knocked up so its even faster. 2x faster. I did half of this part of the monthly quest in like 10-15 mins like this on harbinger. 

@oo7superdave quote:

any advice on the 100,000 slow enemy's?  I have been using apprentice towers but was wondering if there were other options.

serenity aura

@Zkurcrow quote:

@oo7superdave quote:

any advice on the 100,000 slow enemy's?  I have been using apprentice towers but was wondering if there were other options.

serenity aura

i will have to try thanks.  I am guessing you need gear with that trait on it

yes you need the "idle flow" passive on your monk's totem (enemiey inside serenty aura slowed to 8x%). Also all the spheres for bigger radius are helpful. But frost towers are faster than serenty aura, of course you can combine both to get it even faster. Had mine within one round of infinite harbinger (you need decent barricades for this one, though)