Hi, i would like to know a few things

1, what are the best pets & gear for hero & tower dps

2, best way to max level

3, which hero is better at hero/tower dps thanks

1) Stat wise, all pets offer the same potential for empowerement stats (meaning stats for towers and hero). As for pet dps, legendary > mythic > epic > powerful. But all pet's current dps is crap (like around 4k, 5k max which is crap in NM4 where towers can do 100k+ dps). 

For DPS pet, you'll want to look for some abilities, not pets (abilities aren't exclusive, expcet for monthly pets). Dragolich has the strongest, but the monthly mission is done. 

2) To max level, Free Play Harbinger easy. If you don't have a max level character already that can quickly kill the Harbinger, then play the game normally and you'll hit 50 eventually (enjoy the game, don't rush lol). 

3) Best builder atm = Abyss Lord (archers). Best DPS atm = EV2. Of course, the other heroes are still good and fun to use. 

Best gear is legendary as it has the most stat modifiers (passives) Builders generally use Defence Power and Defence Critical damage (DP and DCrit) DPS heroes can use Hero damage (HD), Hero crit damage (HCrit) and Ability Power (AP)

So you are looking for gear with the best tower or hero stats plus the best mix of passives. Gilthanes did a great guide on the Steam forum which has all you need and more to get a good handle on the subtleties of DD2.

Welcome to Etheria buddy.

Thanks to Sen for the link Jester_Forum_icon2.png

Your link is busted Fozzie.. is this the one you mean? http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=535814734

@Fozzie quote:

Best gear is legendary as it has the most stat modifiers (passives) Builders generally use Defence Power and Defence Critical damage (DP and DCrit) DPS heroes can use Hero damage (HD), Hero crit damage (HCrit) and Ability Power (AP)

So you are looking for gear with the best tower or hero stats plus the best mix of passives. Gilthanes did a  great guide on the Steam forum which has all you need and more to get a good handle on the subtleties of DD2.

Welcome to Etheria buddy.

Welcome, peaceful82 - make sure to go through the campaign (the game starts you out and will let you know which maps to do next), that way you get your spheres and can get pets later on. If you have any other questions, fire away :)

1. Best pet IMO is the Dragonlich. The few seconds of increased damage, then using your character's stun, and then quickly repairing defenses can save your rear. So if you can get the Dragonlich get it. The most useless one I know of is the Goku Cat. Kattkarot. it's adorable yes, but the special is just a single teensy tiny beam that does a good amount of damage but you can't even really see it and it only damages 1 enemy. So good for getting rid of a healer or a big boss ASAP, but every other ability I've ever seen seems to be better than that one. Since you typically have to buy him, I recommend knowing that it's probably one of the most useless. Litwick is my second favorite pet. Makes giant tentcales grab everything, stopping them, and dealing damage. It's cool, it's functional, and it can slow enemies down long enough to get your defenses repaired a bit.

2. Do story mode. Then spam Harbringer with your best DPS hero on easy. If you'd rather have fun, just do your favorite maps, once a day, for the First Win of the Day EXP bonus, but do so on Free-Play which gives the most exp. I'm spamming Harbringer right now. You gain about 1 level every time you do it, and if your DPS is fast enough you can do it once every 3 minutes. I'll upload a video.

3. This is going to change based on the gear you have and based on various factors. It was Wall Squire, Freezy Apprentice, Trap Huntress, DPS Huntress, and Monk as a filler. It seems like Abyss Lord is OP in just about every way... As a builder he has interesting mechanics. As a DPS he has an AoE attack as default and can spam abilities like no one's business, and as a waller his walls hit hard, and are comparable with Squire's defenses.

But all of this will change as they release new heroes, tweak heroes, re evaluate the first 4 to make them more usable overall.... Any of them can be decent at DPS. Huntress is the go to for range, but the utility of Apprentice isn't bad to knock up a ton of enemies, Monk has some healing which can help in an emergency, Abyss Lord is a beast, and I hear Squires can be immortals with the right set up.

To be honest though if you plan on playing with people a lot focus on a DPS hero first and foremost.

@peaceful82 quote:

Hi, i would like to know a few things

1, what are the best pets & gear for hero & tower dps

2, best way to max level

3, which hero is better at hero/tower dps thanks