Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Ask the Devs Thread for Devstream 59: June 17th, 5PM EDT

First off i just wanna say Trendy really has me excited for the future of dd2 after watching the bling king dev stream. For my question, i wanna know when they will be getting around to implementing some of the amazing features from dd1... such as the tavern drops to show off my amazing 600% unholy fire sword, the end round auto sell for poor dudes that dont want trash in their 3 pickup bags, and of course the awesome assault challenge maps with sexy dd2 hero abilities. :) dd will forever be the best casual game alive (: oh and lets all make fun of the barb not getting in yet -.- real funny guys

Will you be adding a Prestige like system to your Game? And if so can it be where it will give you more gold or drop % or will unlock Godly loot tier and so on.

Will there be a higher tier then legendary?

Can you put more enemy race's like a spider race and a underwater race right now all we got are Goblin's Orcs and Warboars and Drake's  and that is not fun seeing just them all the time and the spider race i can see having the racial ability to walk over tower's making it hard but fun and new but stuff like that i would love to see.

PS, here is a link to me talking on Revamp ideas if you would like a look https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/135293/revamp-ideas-and-me-just-thanking-of-them-as-i-go

Hello, I'd like to know if the flying dragon hero from influence week 2015 is still planned, and any information you may be able to share on how soon we can expect it to be released, if it is.

It just happens to land on my birthday, neat.

1) Any plans for rebalancing out the cost of Ubers and their effectiveness?

Currently it's actually quite frustrating to get them and, according to a couple reports, they are sometimes not even worth the investment.

2) In addition, any chance for there to be a quality of life change done for EV to know how much DU will be used whenever you place a tower?

The Cost, DU, and DU per segment added are a little confusing.

3) Finally, any chance that spheres for Ev and Dreadlord will be looked at?

I enjoyed the Small/Medium/Large/Uber setup for previous characters and it feels like these characters are a bit build-limited with their spheres... that is to say less flexible. In addition, EV has no good tower spheres except for Oil and Freeze, and Dreadlord isn't too much better (range is nice, but kinda boring).

I, too, would love if you could tell us if, when and how Uber sphere cost and effectiveness get the once-or-more-over. Especially the Squire's Heavy Cannonball Tower, which as it stands is a 5000-medal 50% DPS downgrade to the standard tower.

Also, any progress on improving descriptions (i.e. hero abilities, uber sphere effects, etc)? 

@Glashart quote:

I, too, would love if you could tell us if, when and how Uber sphere cost and effectiveness get the once-or-more-over. Especially the Squire's Heavy Cannonball Tower, which as it stands is a 5000-medal 50% DPS downgrade to the standard tower.

Also, any progress on improving descriptions (i.e. hero abilities, uber sphere effects, etc)? 

I'd love to see the numbers for every tower in game somewhere. It would make for every useful information.

Would there be a chance to introduce gear sets as there were in DD1 and DDE? Either them being a tier set (Epic, Mythical, Legendary, etc) or named sets (Leather, Plate, Scale, etc)??

Thank you for what you all bring to this game!!!

WHat is the plan to balance Ev Proton lasers so they not crazy op but will still be a staple of end game play. And can you hint what old towers you plan once you do rework that you would like to see more of in end game. (EX fire towers cannon towers) Ty.

will we see a fix to the following any time soon:

Ballista weapons spawning with very low chance on physical dmg.

Squire shields spawning with 0% increase to blockade health.

Lightning Aura Amped up passive

The old heroes are weak enough without these nerfs due to bugs.

Hey guys, just curious on your opinions for future features such as character name changes and being able to organise your hero list (i.e sort them alphabetically or manually). These are mostly features for OCD players like myself but nonetheless, seem to be desired by a lot of people :P

Cheers Trendy <3

Question:  Could you change it so that the reward chest for Incursions is always Legendary (or above if you make a higher level)?  

Feeling Given:  It just seems like a slap in the face when you solo the hardest levels of the game and get a Mythical chest.

Explanation of why:  I'm speaking from the POV of an endgame player.  I do NM4 Incursions for my daily bonus and 2/5 usually end with me getting a Mythical chest.  I built the WHOLE thing, I killed ALL the enemies, why am I not getting ALL the reward?  Just doesn't make sense.

Question:  Is there a reason that the Catacombs Incursion only gives 22 Defender Medals and doesn't appear to scale with the Daily Bonus?

Feeling Given:  Feels like a kick in the nuts to give one less DM and also less gear than the gear received on my 3rd Daily bonus Map.

Explanation of why:  I use the Catacombs Incursion map as my 4th map toward my Daily Bonus for gear.  When i complete the round, it sucks to see 1 Legendary jump out of the chest when in the 3rd map I got like 4.  Also, I have no idea why I get 1 less DM on that map...

Question:  Where are we at with the ability to rename heroes and change the colors on their skins?

I just hate looking like everyone else!!

Question:  What is the BIGGEST issue that Trendy is currently facing with the development of DD2?  Why is it the biggest issue?

What is the ultimate goal for passives, set bonuses, and balancing loot RNG? What sorts of passives are you looking to keep? Will those passives have RNG value ranges (ie +1-5% damage) or always be a specific value? Will any be hero-specific? Etc.

Session browser: do you have plans of implementing a feature that let us hide/show our session like in DD1 so we can do the build and open the match to the public afterwards?

Will you guys ever put new towers up for sale? For example, I want to buy magic missile or deadly striker to replace one of my apprentice towers.  Also I think in the future selling tower skins as well as hero skins would be a great idea.