Lets talk about the Lavamancer

Ok all I'm seeing on the forum is discussions about Mystic, Gun Witch, Man and Machine and no love for this guy.

Ok so first off the Lavamancer, aka Volcano Guardian has one sweet ass design.

dd2_lavamancer_by_danielaraya-d9xh1ok.jp

His style was an interesting one, he would have lava and molten rock defenses. So I can see him being quite offensive and defensive, which is really cool.

His alternate lava form interests me, unless that's concept art as well. If so, I want that as a skin.

Also look at his fist. This guy right here might be a dark horse in the melee category if he punches an enemy with that thing you wouldn't expect it to survive.

Tbh im keen to see how they impliment the shift between offense to defence , as in tower placement will his towers be ranged to then become a wall in need etc will the stats required be different based on form

+1 for one punch mancer 

It could very well be his empowerment form which is described here.

The Lavamancer. The ultimate hot-and-cold warrior. The Lavamancer juggles between two states based on what the situation requires. When damage is needed, he unleashes molten fury, empowering himself and his defenses to deal tremendous amounts of damage but making them susceptible to attack. When the enemy is pushing in, he cools himself and his defenses down into powerful rock-hard structures capable of withstanding devastating attacks. An active builder like the Abyss Lord, the Lavamancer is a fiery defense builder.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

It could very well be his empowerment form which is described here.

The Lavamancer. The ultimate hot-and-cold warrior. The Lavamancer juggles between two states based on what the situation requires. When damage is needed, he unleashes molten fury, empowering himself and his defenses to deal tremendous amounts of damage but making them susceptible to attack. When the enemy is pushing in, he cools himself and his defenses down into powerful rock-hard structures capable of withstanding devastating attacks. An active builder like the Abyss Lord, the Lavamancer is a fiery defense builder.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. That'd be awesome. :D

I'm really looking forward to see him ingame because he will be the first real "new" builder to DD2 (since EV2 and AL are like EV and Summoner from DD1).

The Lavamancer was a total badass in the Moba. He had a similar ability to that of the witherbeast. He can (ex. burrow into the ground) but can travel short distances to safety or popping up in front of the enemy, "Surprise B#$ches!" and incinerate everything in front of him. I hope Trendy will keep some of his abilities. 

@Junbao quote:

The Lavamancer was a total badass in the Moba. He had a similar ability to that of the witherbeast. He can (ex. burrow into the ground) but can travel short distances to safety or popping up in front of the enemy, "Surprise B#$ches!" and incinerate everything in front of him. I hope Trendy will keep some of his abilities. 

That sounds really cool.

Looks like he's bringing back with him another DD1 map.

Magus Quarters.

xCakHHp.jpg

Unless some sort of challenge starts appearing I'm kinda switched off, broken AL and EV is as bad as Betsy Boots BS from a while ago.

@Fozzie quote:

Unless some sort of challenge starts appearing I'm kinda switched off, broken AL and EV is as bad as Betsy Boots BS from a while ago.

Unfortunately, that will apply for all future heroes released, unless they get the strategic revamp in before.

Spent over 600 points for this dude when the 1st 3 new hero vote was going on.

He will prolly bring more to the game than another OP range dps I won't name.

@Fozzie quote:

Hopefully the revamp will make the game much harder/balanced that it is right now followed by the original 4 power training, cause lets face it, they will all be out of a job soon.

@Dreizehn quote:

Just curious... where do you get all these pics from?

I like to dig around and unearth things Trendy wants you to forget about and I also remember the original MOBA leak. We have still yet to see the Ranger, Spirit Warrior, Spider Princess, Crystal Knight to name a few.

As for the last Lavamancer pic, that one was in one of the dev logs.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@Dreizehn quote:

I like to dig around and unearth things Trendy wants you to forget about and I also remember the original MOBA leak. We have still yet to see the Ranger, Spirit Warrior, Spider Princess, Crystal Knight to name a few.

Crystal knight? The name alone has me puttin all my points toward him when he gets to be voted on! Lol

• @SpiderDanX quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@Dreizehn quote:

Crystal knight? The name alone has me puttin all my points toward him when he gets to be voted on! Lol

Bam! Crystalline Knight.

4VO2oUR.jpg?1
  • Huntress
  • Monk
  • Apprentice
  • Squire
  • Man and Machine
  • Spirit Warrior
  • Barbarian
  • Prisoner
  • Dryad
  • Orc Chieftan
  • Kobold King
  • Crystalline Knight
  • Pet Rider
  • Necromancer
  • Spider Princess
  • Gun Witch
  • EV2
  • Ranger
  • Countess
  • Summoner
  • Lavamancer
  • Mystic

you're missing 2 heroes...

Dam, last time I saw that MOBA pic was like what, near 3 years ago?

I'm starting to think maybe TE should included some of the old moba content as a new mode for end gamers.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

• @SpiderDanX quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@Dreizehn quote:

Bam! Crystalline Knight.

4VO2oUR.jpg?1
  • Huntress
  • Monk
  • Apprentice
  • Squire
  • Man and Machine
  • Spirit Warrior
  • Barbarian
  • Prisoner
  • Dryad
  • Orc Chieftan
  • Kobold King
  • Crystalline Knight
  • Pet Rider
  • Necromancer
  • Spider Princess
  • Gun Witch
  • EV2
  • Ranger
  • Countess
  • Summoner
  • Lavamancer
  • Mystic

Oooooohhhhh....nice, shiny crystalline melee tank! Has all my votes....unless he's pitted against barbarian...then my heart will be torn. Lol

Thanks for the screen shot!

If I had to choose between the Crystalline Knight and the Orc Chieftain, I'd personally choose the Orc Chieftain. I just have a soft spot in my heart for full tanks. Plus it would be nice to play a hero that's about the same height as an Ogre.

@Junbao quote:

If I had to choose between the Crystalline Knight and the Orc Chieftain, I'd personally choose the Orc Chieftain. I just have a soft spot in my heart for full tanks. Plus it would be nice to play a hero that's about the same height as an Ogre.

Kobold King <3

But, isn't the kobold king the enemy in the incursion coming out this Tuesday?

@Junboa - that sounds fun, too. I would just hate to be so big and do hardly any dmg to start. Which, that only makes sense to do in a game like DD2, but the concept to me seems that I should do more dmg by the sheer fact that I am so huge. Still sounds like a fun character, tho and I am suture he will fun to play when he eventually comes out.

I do love the idea of Lavamancer especially with the hot and cold mechanic but I'd like to get more information on what towers are coming with him also if he will have more than 4 towers. Since we have DPS focused heroes I'm wondering if we will get tower focused ones too.