Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Upcoming Changes to the Game [Updated November 17th, 2016]

i think what the problem is for KnowsNoLimits and others is the actual use of using Nightmare to descibe the end game difficulty. Of course those of us who played DD1 and/or DDe will draw direct comaprisons between the current nightmare set up and those of the previous games to suggest we dont is just ridiculous. If these end game modes were called something else it would not give the same reaction, so of course it m,akes a difference what it is called. Having multiple Nm modes only fuels to the backlash previous players dish out when NM1-3 is basically pointless and even skipped by masses. In DD1 having multiple modes of the same difficulty - mixed mode, hardcore or both combined were true increases of difficulty, the only real difference between Nm1 and Nm4 is the Hp of the mobs no increase of strategy needed to be honest. In DD1 you could even implement these modifiers in lower difficulties allowing players through from casual to the most hardcore to play in a difficulty that suited them. If silimar modifiers were introduced even alongside the current format I feel it would satifsy all sides of the arguement. Nighgtmare should spring fear into players or why even use such a term? It should give NEW challenges be it faster mobs, newer mobs, les predicatable pathing not just more HP. I sunk well over 3k hrs into DD1 and played on both pc and console and was one of many utterly disappointed to never get NM on console :(. Nightmare in the previous games offered a challenge one wished to strive to be able to complete NM1-3 and even NM4 simply dont how much real difference is it from even Normal mode? Apart from making heroes more centered around one specific tower (due to passives) there is little one needs to do to to play in NM4 mode a set build approach emerges - protons + archers and/or pdts + Sas + walls (maybe) seem to do every single map in existence, where is the thought of how will I deal with x mob? How can I protect this core? Geez in Nm4 its even pointless to protect those sub-objectives as no realproblem emerges if you dont! I really likedthe introduction of sub-objectives as an added problem but when that in itself becomes a moot point it does make me wonder why even have them at all if they are simply not even worth protecting? perhaps mobs like super wyverns or djins, spiders come from them? so we will actually want to protect them? 

I've been waiting to pay this game when split screen for pc is released, Any news on that as it has been removed from upcoming features :(

i wanna FIX...FIXFIXFIX!
Frost fix,poison fix,buff fix,witch fix...at least...after you may add new stuff.
I'll allow,I swear,Trendy.
:D

Okay, so does anyone else remember the fact that Nightmare in DD1 was so insane because items were released into the loot pools by accident? Difficulty had to be scaled to compensate.

On that note, DD2 doesn't have any enemies that made higher difficulties in DD1 so scary. Spiders, Djinn, Sharken, and the Airlifted Ogres.

Now, I will say that while I don't think DD2 should hit the tiers DD1 did, I do agree that Nightmare needs to deserve it's namesake. And one way to do that is to reintroduce some of those enemies. Heck, make them Nightmare exclusive and add one enemy type per difficulty level.

Tbh i would like to see a full stats/passive system rework. All the random +1-3% damage to Tower Damage should just be converted to an actual stat. just like Defense Power, Range, and Speed are. Gear should drop with the 3 Tower stats and then on higher level gear should include stats like:

Tower1: +50

Tower 2: +5

Tower 3: +15

Tower 4: +0

With this change you're not having to constantly remake meaningless passives and applying the tower bonuses to gear and increasing the overall build possibilities for all heroes at the same time. How These tower stat bonuses affect each tower could be straight bonuses to that towers defense power or bonuses to all defense power, speed and range. Can also make it a % based increase to all tower stats  certain numbers (like every +50 = +1% increase to all stats for that tower.) This opens up a lot of windows for opportunity to allow people to experiment with different builds while also freeing up the devs resources allowing them to put more focus into passive that fundamentally change how towers interact with the enemies and the environments since the new base stats will auto scaled based on ipwr.

@Warboss Spriggs quote:

On that note, DD2 doesn't have any enemies that made higher difficulties in DD1 so scary. Spiders, Djinn, Sharken, and the Airlifted Ogres.

This will not work in DD2 currently. The DU is not based on those enemies to come. In DD1 you had more and were able to build those reflect beams as well. If you try that in DD2 you use about 220 for 4 lanes or even more, depending on the area you want to cover.

Also in DD1 you had the sorccerer/ess.

I still don't understand why people always try to compare those games when the macrostructure beeing totally diffrent one.

Also to be fair, DD1 was just to build the harpoons, the archers and mages, reflect beams, auras and buffbeams + a barbarian tanking all the sharkens and ogres, occasionally a jester or archer for the ogrecopters. Same build every time, all map long. And then we got some individuals asking for PDT changes an calling them overpowered. The volcano was a nice move but is broken as well under certain aspects.

I wanna talk to the design member whos in war against his folks at Trendy. Pretty sure the airgun attitude in their offices has turned into a serious fight about the power in tower design, like they have their own tower defence in their offices. Just imagine them sitting on their desk looking greedy at the neighbours crystal.

Pretty sure the folk that was in charge for the PDT has poisoned all his mates. It's also bad for us he hit some of those from the bug-dev team. Ouch.

1e337h.jpg

About the inventory change. Do you think you can add an auto sell feature? Anything at --- rarity and below is sold when auto collected. Manual collection will bypass just in case you spot something you want.

This thread title needs an update, would be good to collect the ideas and questions here instead of within 200 different forum posts like it is currently xD
Maybe that's the idea though, it's hectic out there atm