Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Upcoming Changes to the Game [Updated November 17th, 2016]

It's great to have such a detailed roadmap, but could we have any info on local co op (even if its the distant future?) just to know that it is still happening? I have 3 friends eager to play with me!

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@LftbrickAAAA quote:

Is there going to be sharkens?

Nah, they have shown they don't have the balls to do it. Otherwise they would of teased them by now in this new revamp.

R.I.P my Aquatic troublemakers. Sharkman_insane.png

I don't know....I mean, look at the new enemy type coming in the molten citadel! Those were never talked about, just put out there! So, maybe they want to surprise us with the the sharken and won't say anything until they just happen to show up in a map. If wishes were fishes....or in this case, if wishes were sharken. :-p

@SpiderDanX quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@LftbrickAAAA quote:

Nah, they have shown they don't have the balls to do it. Otherwise they would of teased them by now in this new revamp.

I don't know....I mean, look at the new enemy type coming in the molten citadel! Those were never talked about, just put out there! So, maybe they want to surprise us with the the sharken and won't say anything until they just happen to show up in a map. If wishes were fishes....or in this case, if wishes were sharken. :-p

dont give [[24592,users]] false hope lol he has a sharken tattoo, left bicep 

@Zkurcrow quote:

@SpiderDanX quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@LftbrickAAAA quote:

dont give knowsnolimits false hope lol he has a sharken tattoo, left bicep 

Lol

Maybe Knows IS a sharken!? O.o

@Fozzie quote:

iamisom

Can we have an update or what you guys are doing?

The last update was last month?

Sorry about that! I'll try to get this updated by the end of the week. 

@TheSmellyFist quote:

Local co op? 

I've been waiting on this since launch. I think there are still a lot of players that really miss having couch co op. It would be great to see that on a "to do" list again, even just to know it hasn't been completely forgotten.

You guys should make an enemy that breaks down in phases.

Starts off as one big, slow mech and when it dies it explodes into like three new enemies etc or something silly.

Also, it'd be cool to see an enemy that changed/reacted based on elemental damage types done to it. Hit it with Fire damage first and it ignites and becomes a different, more intimidating AI but also burns the enemies around it. Could add some interesting strats once revamp is here.

Water based enemy: You attack it with water based weapon/attack, enemy is healed.

Fire based enemy: attack with fire based weapon/attack, enemy is healed.

Same with Earth and lightning enemies. 

In DD1, elemental enemies just did not get dmged. Enemies have now evolved & have learned the art of life leech through elemental use. and Mages and Witherbeast just improve the effect.

@iamisom quote:

What We're Working On Now

This is a list of the major features and content planned for our next release.

SkYISdu.jpg

New Map:  Molten Citadel

Thanks to your previous Influence vote, our next map is the Molten Citadel! Molten Citadel is a remake of DD1’s Magus Quarters. A fiery lava moat surrounds this explorable castle. Medium-sized map. One core.

• Developer Comments:  We're very excited about this one! Magus Quarters holds a special place in our hearts as this was the first map ever made for the first game. It feels like coming home, except someone left the stove on and now our home is on fire.

New Challenge on Molten Citadel

A new challenge awaits.

• Developer Comments:  We don't want to spoil this one. :)

New Abyss Lord Weapon

Continuing with our previous weapons, we're making an awesome new weapon for the Abyss Lord. 

• Developer Comments:  Unrelated, but we're so tempted to make a comic book tome for the Abyss Lord...

GBualsk.gif

Lava Guardian Challenge Enemy

A new Orc enemy called the Lava Guardian, found exclusively in the Molten Citadel challenge. The Lava Guardian has a ranged slam attack that launches players into the air and damages towers.

• Developer Comments:  This is a bit of a test to see how you react to enemies with new functionalities. We don't have plans to bring this new enemy to the rest of the game, but we'll be looking for feedback on how fun it is to fight him and how it changes the way you play. That feedback will help shape the upcoming Enemy Revamp.

Man I can't wait for this!

(Just picking on you)

Hate to ask again, but.. Barbarian is still to be released after "The Big Thing"? Didn't read anything mentioning him in the update.

I think man\machine is before our favourite Barb.

I hope they don't continue with the class specific weapons and we can use Squire swords for the barb like in DD1. Two howling swords or better howling axes would be awesome on the barb with the hope that hawk Stance makes a comeback.

People would still be playing DD1 had it not been hacked to death.

In fact there are routinely more open games in the DD1 server browser than the DD2 Ui, what does that tell you

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Get rid of the pointless NM incremental leveling system. You had it right in DD1.  Nightmare felt special, in this game it doesn't.

Did you even play DD1? It had incremental difficulty levels too. The only difference is the names of the difficulties. Are you really that bothered by difficulty names?

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Get rid of the pointless NM incremental leveling system. You had it right in DD1.  Nightmare felt special, in this game it doesn't.

Did you even play DD1? It had incremental difficulty levels too. The only difference is the names of the difficulties. Are you really that bothered by difficulty names?

Not only did I play it, but I played the living *** out of it.

It was fun, challenging and addictive.

For you to suggest that it is exactly like this game is an insult to DD1.  Nightmare was a massive leap from Insane, one which some just couldn't handle and a notable difference in gameplay elements and  it had specific enemy types which changed up your strategy from lesser difficulties.

Obviously you never played it. 

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

For you to suggest that it is exactly like this game is an insult to DD1.  Nightmare was a massive leap from Insane, one which some just couldn't handle and a notable difference in gameplay elements and  it had specific enemies types.

I do think the main take home here is we're just arguing over names. DD1 could have called it Insane 2. Wouldn't change any of the mode's gameplay. Wanting Nightmare #-# to get a name change is really just that. Doesn't matter at all compared to actually improving the core gameplay.

Personally, name of difficulty doesn't mean jack to me. It could be called Pretty Pony Infinite Snuggle Time. As long it's the highest tier, it's where we'll strive to be.

@Vagnar quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

For you to suggest that it is exactly like this game is an insult to DD1.  Nightmare was a massive leap from Insane, one which some just couldn't handle and a notable difference in gameplay elements and  it had specific enemies types.

I do think the main take home here is we're just arguing over names. DD1 could have called it Insane 2. Wouldn't change any of the mode's gameplay. Wanting Nightmare #-# to get a name change is really just that. Doesn't matter at all compared to actually improving the core gameplay.

Personally, name of difficulty doesn't mean jack to me. It could be called Pretty Pony Infinite Snuggle Time. As long it's the highest tier, it's where we'll strive to be.

Actually they did incorporate an Insane+ in the console version. Think of it as a poor man's Nightmare, but still a hell of alot more challenging and fun than this game's NM mode.

A moment of silence for my console brethern that got screwed out of the real NM mode and only received the shard maps.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

For you to suggest that it is exactly like this game is an insult to DD1.  Nightmare was a massive leap from Insane, one which some just couldn't handle and a notable difference in gameplay elements and  it had specific enemy types which changed up your strategy from lesser difficulties.

That's actually not what I'm saying, take your straw man somewhere else please.

.... That was me. :(

I should look into a gaming pc soon since consoles have decided to just be gaming pcs anyway.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

That's actually not what I'm saying, take your straw man somewhere else please.

You asked if I played DD1 I explained that I did and you got shut down.

To ask me if I played DD1 was beyond stupid as I have mentioned a million times that I have. You and me have even had debates on the subject and everytime I stated why DD1 just did things alot better for the end game players.

To answer your question yes I'm bothered by NM in this game, not by it's name but how a once difficult mode got watered down and broken up into insiginficant increments to pad the game.

Eh I'm not going to worry about it.

Let's start a campaign for them to add Infinite Snuggle Time Mode, which is a replica of DD1's Nightmare!

I actually never said or suggested that DD2 is exactly like DD1.

What I am saying is that DD1 had multiple difficulty levels. They were called Easy, Normal, Hard, and Insane. And DD2 has multiple difficulty levels after you finish the "turorial" campaign and they are called "Nightmare I", "Nightmare II", "Nightmare III", and "Nightmare IV".

You're just incessantly whining about what the difficulty levels in this game are called and I don't know how, but apparently you've "played the living *** out of" DD1 without ever once noticing that it had different difficulty levels too?

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

I actually never said or suggested that DD2 is exactly like DD1.

What I am saying is that DD1 had multiple difficulty levels. They were called Easy, Normal, Hard, and Insane. And DD2 has multiple difficulty levels after you finish the "turorial" campaign and they are called "Nightmare I", "Nightmare II", "Nightmare III", and "Nightmare IV".

You're just incessantly whining about what the difficulty levels in this game are called and I don't know how, but apparently you've "played the living *** out of" DD1 without ever once noticing that it had different difficulty levels too?

Yes and what I'm telling you is DD1's Insane to NM was a noticeable leap and brought with a whole new world of hurt with it. Unlike NM3-4. 

The best thing about my so called whining is a lot of people agree with me. So you sound quite butt hurt, it's like you work for Trendy or something.