Sign in to follow this  
TreeOfSecrets

Serenity Aura Monk Build?

So I want to give my monk a purpose, and I heard that Serenity Aura was the best use. For some reason I can't find ANY specifics on which stats to target. I know you're supposed to get Purge Evil on your weapon or something like that, but beyond that I basically know nothing. Can you guys give me some tips on A. what stats to target and B. how to play a Serenity Aura Monk?

Thank you for any help you can give me!

The Serenity Aura Monk is a builder hero. Obviously, the build focuses on stacking spheres and gear passive bonuses in order to make Serenity Aura a very strong support tower. In the current meta, it is by far the strongest support build, and is almost a requirement for end game content.

The most important thing is to get a weapon with the Purge Evil passive. This makes enemies killed inside Serenity Aura explode for up to 400% of Defense Power (In Nightmare 4 gear, this will be 12-17k). Enemies killed by Purge Evil can also explode - causing a chain reaction. This ability is very powerful, by giving you very high Area of Effect damage for a very low cost. Serenity Aura only requires 20 DU, and Purge Evil gets its full effects at level 1, so it requires no upgrades. So basically it adds a lot of damage for very little cost.

Since it scales from Defense Power, you obviously want Defense Power on all your gear. You can also get 2 passives on gear that increase the range of the Aura - Radiance, which increases the size of all Auras by up to 3%, and Karma Vortex, which increases the size of Serenity Aura by up to 15%. Radiance can be on every gear slot, and Karma Vortex on all but your weapon.

The Monk also has several spheres that increase the size of Serenity Aura. For Small Spheres, you have Serenity Aura Range Sphere - 2% range. You can take 3, but I'd suggest 1 Defense Power sphere, for extra damage. For Medium spheres, you can take Monk Defense Range II - for 10% Range. For your Large Sphere, you can either choose 25% additional range or +25% hero damage. Both options are fine, although Range is recommended until your Serenity Aura is large enough at level 1 to cover whatever you need it to.

Your Totem can have a passive called Idle Flow, which slows enemies in the radius of Serenity Aura, up to a maximum of 80% of their original speed (a 20% slow).

Combine all of these and you get a single support tower that costs next to nothing (20 DU) that can slow down enemies in a massive radius (with good gear and spheres it covers ALL THREE LANES for the first map), adds a ton of Area of Effect damage, requires no upgrades, and heals (and buffs) heroes. It's easily the most cost-efficient tower in the entire game.

As a pure builder, you simply place the Auras, then switch to another hero. There is no benefit from leaving the hero active. Hopefully this covered everything.

TLDR - a support tower builder. Stack bonuses to Serenity Aura, place 1 in every lane (high gear level auras will cover multiple lanes).

Weapon - Defense Power, Purge Evil Passive (up to 400%), Radiance Passive (up to 3%).

Armour, all 4 slots - Defense Power, Radiance Passive (up to 3%), Karma Vortex Passive (up to 15%).

Totem - Defense Power, Idle Flow Passive (up to 80%), Radiance Passive (up to 3%), Karma Vortex Passive (up to 15%).

Pet - Defense Power (up to 350).

Spheres - [S] Serenity Aura Range I x3, [M] Monk Defense Range II x2, [L] Serenity Range Gambit

Playstyle is pretty simple, place the serenity aura down where your killground is, the enemys who die will explode and do aoe damage to all around them. It heals you there up gives you damage reduction and also ATK if you want. With enough range it covers a huge are and even range can use it savely. Focus mainly on DP on your gear.

Main Stats:

DP:Max

Range: MaX

Speed: Max (in case you want to put down a AA sometimes XD)

Rest DH

Passivs:

Weapon: Purge Evil (scales with DP)

Any other gear: Karma Vortex (range increase 15%), Radiance (range increase 3%)

Medallion: Karma Vortex, Radiance, Idle Flow (Slows enemies down to 80% of their speed) 

Spheres:

3xSerenity Aura range Sphere I 

2xMon Defense Range II

1xEmpowering Calm Sphere I (if you want to boost ATK by 25%) or Serenity Range Gambit Sphere I (if you want to cover the whole map)

Just get the weapon and look for gear that has karmic vortex and radiance on it cause those 2 can make your SA very big, it goes up to 2400 range without using any spheres, and get alot of DP and a good percentage of purge evil it goes up to 400% and you set to go

@The Jason Order quote:

The Monk also has several spheres that increase the size of Serenity Aura. For Small Spheres, you have Serenity Aura Range Sphere - 2% range. You can take 3, but I'd suggest 1 Defense Power sphere.

I wouldn't bother with the defense power sphere. It's 42 DP when by NM4 you'll have thousands of DP. Range, however, is a stat that you can only get from a few sources, and 2% range is still valuable.

@Soulstiger quote:

@The Jason Order quote:

The Monk also has several spheres that increase the size of Serenity Aura. For Small Spheres, you have Serenity Aura Range Sphere - 2% range. You can take 3, but I'd suggest 1 Defense Power sphere.

I wouldn't bother with the defense power sphere. It's 42 DP when by NM4 you'll have thousands of DP. Range, however, is a stat that you can only get from a few sources, and 2% range is still valuable.

Actually Auras, for the most part, end up too big. Especially if you are playing Onslaught and end up upgrading them. It's still around 168 free damage per kill, even if you have 4300 DP, like I do. Either way, the small spheres are extremely minor, at least compared to the others - 10% for Medium and 25% for large. Neither bonus is going to make or break your aura.

@The Jason Order quote:

@Soulstiger quote:

@The Jason Order quote:

Actually Auras, for the most part, end up too big. Especially if you are playing Onslaught and end up upgrading them. It's still around 168 free damage per kill, even if you have 4300 DP, like I do. Either way, the small spheres are extremely minor, at least compared to the others - 10% for Medium and 25% for large. Neither bonus is going to make or break your aura.

How does it become "too big" exactly? I'd say 2% is a bit better than 168 damage. 168 isn't all that significant when you're dealing 17k damage. I mean it'll definitely add up. But, 2% is more significant. The sources for aura increase SAS, Radiance (3%), Karmic Vortex (15%), small spheres (2%), medium spheres (10%), and the large sphere (25% for health reduction.) 

I mean early on the DP sphere is probably worth a lot more. But, as you gear up it will become less significant.

Though, if your aura is big enough to suit your needs without one sphere there isn't really any reason to not swap it out.

Too big as in the aura now reaches into the spawn or overlaps with other auras across the map. I'm exactly 1% off a maxed sized aura (3% with the missing sphere) and if I place it on the first map it covers every lane. So there is a functional limit to size (covers the lane you want it to), but there is no cap on damage, as you never want to deal less damage.

@The Jason Order quote:

Too big as in the aura now reaches into the spawn or overlaps with other auras across the map. I'm exactly 1% off a maxed sized aura (3% with the missing sphere) and if I place it on the first map it covers every lane. So there is a functional limit to size (covers the lane you want it to), but there is no cap on damage, as you never want to deal less damage.

But covering more lanes, and a bigger area, leads to that you need less DU, DU you can invest into other Towers, other Towers which do by alot more damage then 168 aoe :d.

Well I do have a absolut max on every range stat and i prefer it to be like that. Simple because it can cover more ground and that's it. It's all about preference and like you said neither more range nor more dps will make you win lose at this point XD.

@dreamanime quote:

@The Jason Order quote:

But covering more lanes, and a bigger area, leads to that you need less DU, DU you can invest into other Towers, other Towers which do by alot more damage then 168 aoe :d.

Well I do have a absolut max on every range stat and i prefer it to be like that. Simple because it can cover more ground and that's it. It's all about preference and like you said neither more range nor more dps will make you win lose at this point XD.

Yeah, Jason's example about the first map saves 20-40DU. Though, I can agree with the functional limit. And at that point by all means go for the 168 damage. But, you're going to gain DP a lot faster than aura size for the most part. I'm nowhere near the cap currently (don't even have the passives on all my gear) and only have like 3500 DP, I value the size increase more than the damage increase.

In any case, this has been a very helpful post for the OP and for others who have never thought to ask the question here in the forums. :-)

@The Jason Order quote:

The Serenity Aura Monk is a builder hero. Obviously, the build focuses on stacking spheres and gear passive bonuses in order to make Serenity Aura a very strong support tower. In the current meta, it is by far the strongest support build, and is almost a requirement for end game content.

Thank you so much for your whole post, I'm glad you gave me such an in-depth guide! I'm glad you saw my post and I hope to see you again. Thank you!