Sign in to follow this  
Fozzie

Aquanos on the cards, loading screen suggests something?

@senf71 quote:

The contempt for "casuals" on these forums is a bit disturbing.  :(  I don't mind Trendy making the game hard, but just be careful not to put to much stock in the opinion of a few dozen people who want the game to be crazy crazy hard so they can play 100 hours a week and still lose most of the time.  When you give in to those people it can really hurt the game for normal players. 

Actually it's quite the opposite atm, they have pandered to the casual crowd way too much. Evidence of this was adding the Carnival update and making you spin for the best loot.

Screwing over people who dedicated time into gearing up and progressing naturally. It's fine to give out Legendary loot to help people out, but the rolls on these were ridiculous.

You want to talk about listening to the Hardcore players being bad, well they haven't listened to one thing to improve NM or add any sort of challenge to the game and this is going back to when NMIV debut. I would be embarassed to even say you are a hardcore player with this current build.

I'm not asking for an endless grind either that's not fun in the least. All I'm asking for is the game to challenge me like DD1 did so well.

Lazerus Artifical I find it interesting how the enemy that made you quit, was the the enemy that invigorated the game for me. Sharken punished lazy builds, if you had a flaw in your build you would sure know about it.

You have put alot of faith in this Siege Tank enemy. I can see a revamped Huntress OHKO it with her pierce shot tbh. This thing would have to be monstrously dangerous for me to care about it, which atm it appears not to be. Since Trendy themselves stated they weren't happy with where the Siege Tank is atm.

Right now and I hate to say this, but the Gun Witch has no purpose. Will it stop me from playing her? hell no!

However she doesn't have a reason to stretch out her arms and unleash all of her potential. That's what I'm excited to see the most in the future of this game. Seeing enemies become more powerful and having future Heroes taken to the limit.

Right now the current ones aren't even breaking a sweat and we have no idea what they can really do.

I'm surprised people are still bothering to argue when the whole thing essentially boils down to:

"You disagree with me, you're a filthy stinking cowardly casual!"

Want to disprove an argument? Simple! Just call that person a 'casual gamer'! It's super effective!!!

@--E@T TH3M!-- quote:

I'm surprised people are still bothering to argue when the whole thing essentially boils down to:

"You disagree with me, you're a filthy stinking cowardly casual!"

Want to disprove an argument? Simple! Just call that person a 'casual gamer'! It's super effective!!!

Well unfortunately it's some what true.

The casuals have had the reign of this game for far too long, it's time for people that want a challenge to speak up. Now is the perfect time to do so, since this game has turned into AFK Defenders. You have the perfect evidence to back you up.

No one can disprove that AL and EV2 haven't made this game way too easy. At least we know a revamp is coming to shake things up, but my point stands until that day happens you need something to challenge your playerbase to keep them interested in the mean time.

This new content is a good start. Who knows maybe this Bling King incursion will surprise us all?

That would be a really nice surprise.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Well unfortunately it's some what true.

The casuals have had the reign of this game for far too long, it's time for people that want a challenge to speak up. Now is the perfect time to do so, since this game has turned into AFK Defenders. You have the perfect evidence to back you up.

No one can disprove that AL and EV2 haven't made this game way too easy. At least we know a revamp is coming to shake things up, but my point stands until that day happens you need something to challenge your playerbase to keep them interested in the mean time.

This new content is a good start. Who knows maybe this Bling King incursion will surprise us all?

That would be a really nice surprise.

The sad thing is you don't see this game or DD1 as a casual game which it is, you build a map you win if challenged you feel glee but then the game is complete you only continue to play longer  if you are min-maxing or wanting a character to look/play a certain way which may take farming, Once your geared in a game like dd1-dd2 there is nothing left to do, changing how the lanes creatures heroes and towers work is a good start but in the end nobody will be satisfied because people always want more. Maybe once onslaught is revamped and made possibly competitive or there are other game modes/social interactions the game will probably be a snooze.

But, it's pretty hard to change something so much every year just to keep a playerbase of approx 4k. hope they hit the nail on the head, but I feel they think to far out of the square sometimes.

What is dead may never die.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:Actually it's quite the opposite atm, they have pandered to the casual crowd way too much. Evidence of this was adding the Carnival update and making you spin for the best loot.

Screwing over people who dedicated time into gearing up and progressing naturally. It's fine to give out Legendary loot to help people out, but the rolls on these were ridiculous.

You want to talk about listening to the Hardcore players being bad, well they haven't listened to one thing to improve NM or add any sort of challenge to the game and this is going back to when NMIV debut. I would be embarassed to even say you are a hardcore player with this current build.

I'm not asking for an endless grind either that's not fun in the least. All I'm asking for is the game to challenge me like DD1 did so well.

Lazerus Artifical I find it interesting how the enemy that made you quit, was the the enemy that invigorated the game for me. Sharken punished lazy builds, if you had a flaw in your build you would sure know about it.

You have put alot of faith in this Siege Tank enemy. I can see a revamped Huntress OHKO it with her pierce shot tbh. This thing would have to be monstrously dangerous for me to care about it, which atm it appears not to be. Since Trendy themselves stated they weren't happy with where the Siege Tank is atm.

Right now and I hate to say this, but the Gun Witch has no purpose. Will it stop me from playing her? hell no!

However she doesn't have a reason to stretch out her arms and unleash all of her potential. That's what I'm excited to see the most in the future of this game. Seeing enemies become more powerful and having future Heroes taken to the limit.

Right now the current ones aren't even breaking a sweat and we have no idea what they can really do.

Having an event where "casuals" can get something nice too isnt that bad, but the amount you could get from the wheel was too much. you could gear every single character with enough gold. giving out one item per character would have been better maybe, or like the chest with the galactic weapons.

And yes i put much faith in the siege tank. the name alone sounds awesome, its a tank afterall, it has to be a challenge...if it isnt a "siege tank" and just a "tank"...im sad.

as i said, DD1 just ended up as Health VS Damage, there was no real challenge anymore, it was always the same. here in DD2 you can currently win a map with different builds. i can win NM4 with squire and apprentice, with EV and AL, and not that long ago the chaos traps were a metabuild here too. Auras are still strong but not that op anymore. So far the way DD2 goes seems to be right, the revamp hopefully pushes the old 4 to the level that EV and AL have now.

There is currently just one thing that i would wish back...the Portal Gun...that thing was just fun.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Fozzie Have a pic of this loading screen?

@alex the penguin quote:

What is this sharken i keep hearing about? Its been mentioned in several posts now.... i understand its a boss of some sort but what does it do??? 

Sharken were the be all end all mob and my favorite enemy bar none.

To this day people are scared of them.

dungeon_defenders_lost_eternia_shards_pa

Respect.

yup I agree worst mob ever. I use to just hunt those in that map, an count how many per wave cuz i wanted to make sure they all died fast. I still dread these guys lol