[Discussion] Gunwitch Talk

So Gunwitch being our next hero it was revealed today that she will be 100% DPS...Do we really need the Barbarian after this?

From what we know the Gunwitch will be able to go airborn similar to the Summoner from DD1 except she will be able to snipe important targets from this state. It was also revealed that she has a polymorph, tornado ability, and what may be a fear/slow(her bat swarm ability).

What are your thoughts on what information has been released about the Gunwitch?

I'm more hyped than before. Especially since they confirmed no defenses. I hope her sniping is the primary aspect. Though, I can understand adding the full auto/shotgun for variation and different situations. 

I don't see why we wouldn't want the Barbarian now, and I'm sure there will be more DPS characters down the line.

On a side note, kind of sad that it looks like the Kobold King will be an incursion boss. Was kind of baselessly hoping he'd end up a playable hero.

@Soulstiger quote:

On a side note, kind of sad that it looks like the Kobold King will be an incursion boss. Was kind of baselessly hoping he'd end up a playable hero.

OOOHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! GOBU GOBU GOBU!!! <3 Emoji_Kobalt.pngEmoji_Huntress.pngEmoji_Goblin.png So want this to happen!!!

@dreamanime quote:

@Soulstiger quote:

OOOHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! GOBU GOBU GOBU!!! <3 Emoji_Kobalt.pngEmoji_Huntress.pngEmoji_Goblin.png So want this to happen!!!

Yeah, but with him both not being a hero and also now being an incursion boss it doesn't seem likely.

I don't see why barbarian isn't needed anymore. It's more of the opposite: we now have plenty of range DPS and no close-range DPS (not counting the squire because he is more of a tank).

my thought is that since gun witch wont have any defenses

imma jus buy it with medals and take my time grinding out the rest for spheres Emoji_Monk.png

Think I just might let everyone else buy Gun Witch & have fun with her while I just buy pet love pops & EXP items. Not sure If I will buy Lava Mancer either...we will see what his towers/abilities are like. I'll have my Mega Man girl...EV2 :-)

I agree with [[26934,users]] and [[80133,users]] having Gun witch 100% DPS has not bearing on whether we need/don't need Barbarian. Mechanics work much different on range vs melee DPS. 100% DPS for both would be welcome, IMO.

Also, side note, Gun Witch was always meant to be 100% DPS with no towers. Each time they talked about her on the Dev Streams, this is always what they talked about, that she would have no towers.

@Nefhith quote:

Poor huntress...

Poor Huntress nothing, save your tears for the Barbarian as she is recieving a revamp and will be even more deadlier than before.

Here's hoping she's given back her Invsibility ability.

I never understood the need for gunwitch i mean we already have EV2 to rain death from above and be a general ranged DPS character did we really need another Ranged DPS coming directly after her?

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@Nefhith quote:

Poor huntress...

Poor Huntress nothing, save your tears for the Barbarian as she is recieving a revamp and will be even more deadlier than before.

Invisibility? aw hell naw. Insta-shoot piercing shots with <5 seconds cooldown dealing >25m damage, or gas traps. Or darkness traps. Or 11-12 shots per second weapons. Or the BF drill.

Long as she has at lest one gun themed tower i fine with another dps hero, maybe something like dd1's deadly striker tower.

also lots of really big witch hats!!!!!!!!!!!!

and master spark

@Soulstiger quote:

@dreamanime quote:

@Soulstiger quote:

Yeah, but with him both not being a hero and also now being an incursion boss it doesn't seem likely.

As an goblin i can tell you, it doesn't really matter for us. BUT that you alone had the thought about a playable goblin hero is what matters! That is in it's own gigantic huge success!!!!!! Gobu gob! If one of us is ever playable we probably couldn't fathom this at all. I am just one goblin girl who fights for the protectors because of pet food, but a real goblin hero wow thats just gobu.

@Nefhith quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@Nefhith quote:

Poor huntress...

Invisibility? aw hell naw. Insta-shoot piercing shots with <5 seconds cooldown dealing >25m damage, or gas traps. Or darkness traps. Or 11-12 shots per second weapons. Or the BF drill.

Pfft that's 4 seconds too long.

I don't know if you remember, but there was a sweet time where the Huntress Pierce shot was at a 1 second cooldown, oh the spam that followed after that was glorious.

Also don't down invisibilty, it would give her that edge again where the hunted has now became the hunter, hence the name the Huntress. XD

Emoji_Huntress.png

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@Nefhith quote:

Poor huntress...

With Dark Elves being immune to it ofc!

9Pf8hYu.png

maybe some more support towers if gunwitch is going to be all dps, somthing like a floating broom platform that you can place towers on.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@Nefhith quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@Nefhith quote:

Poor huntress...

I don't know if you remember, but there was a sweet time where the Huntress Pierce shot was at a 1 second cooldown, oh the spam that followed after that was glorious.

Also don't down invisibilty, it would give her that edge again where the hunted has now became the hunter, hence the name the Huntress. XD

Emoji_Huntress.png

I don't remember. It's been a REALLY long time since I even had DD1 installed (YEARS). the only thing I didn't like about invisibility was it's enormous mana use unless you spent hundreds and hundreds of points on it.

But yeah, thinking a bit more about it, invisibility wasn't THAT bad. Repairing, scouting, finding a good spot to pierce everyone perfectly are some underrated privileges invisibility can give you.

@Nefhith quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@Nefhith quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@Nefhith quote:

Poor huntress...

Emoji_Huntress.png

I don't remember. It's been a REALLY long time since I even had DD1 installed (YEARS). the only thing I didn't like about invisibility was it's enormous mana use unless you spent hundreds and hundreds of points on it.

But yeah, thinking a bit more about it, invisibility wasn't THAT bad. Repairing, scouting, finding a good spot to pierce everyone perfectly are some underrated privileges invisibility can give you.

Uh Inivisbility didn't use a ton of mana hahaha. It was actually the most mana efficent ability and if you saw it drain your mana too fast all you had to do was switch out of it and go back into it. The only ability which was Invisibilty like was for the Ranger, which not only turned you invisible, but also had your defenses around you turn invisible.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:
Uh Inivisbility didn't use a ton of mana hahaha. It was actually the most mana efficent ability and if you saw it drain your mana too fast all you had to do was switch out of it and go back into it. The only ability which was Invisibilty like was for the Ranger, which not only turned you invisible, but also had your defenses around you turn invisible.

That was my problem! I was too busy shooting things and make everything blow up with my pawn shot to notice how much mana it was draining, and before I knew, it was taking well over 500 mana/s.

Man, I miss DD1. I think I'll have to install it when I finish exams and waste more time of my life than I already did :p

• 1 month later...