Sign in to follow this  
Dewkin

Series EV, lets talk about it.

From someone who's had it since day one & shortly after release. ive put in quite the playtime with her & would like to share my opinions/gripes about her.

I'm going to do my best to keep this sweet & to the point.

Builder EV

EV as a builder isn't as topical as abyss lord, that's for sure. But she is not actually too bad. ALTHOUGH, I do believe there needs to be changes done to the DU usage. For one, she isn't as much as a DU hog like many are saying. There are just tweaks that should be done.

My solution: Use the DU system that they had in DD1 for the EV (ie: as you make the beam longer, the more DU itll cost. Shorter the beam, the less DU) This would merit the use of buff beams/ any other beams. RIght now, if youre using buff beam. Youre better off squeezing in as many archers on the beam as possible. Otherwise, its totally useless to use a buff beam on a few archers, better off with just more archers.

My next suggestion, make the 2nd node free of DU cost. The placement cost is deceptive. Example, you have proton beam listed as a 20 DU cost. but to actually place, you need 30 DU. I believe that needs a change

(there are also a few other suggestions ive seen where people want each node to be 50% off DU cost what it is now, I don't think it needs to be that drastic, but wouldn't mind that solution)

Other than that, her towers are great. Proton beam is hella good, that's for sure. (could use some better builder spheres trendy) BTW when I said her towers are great, disregard the weapon manufacture. what is that thing, why? make it useful plz

DPS EV

Now onto the DPS, Series EV may very well be the best DPS class we have up to this point. Her abilities are unique & weapons offer unique variety.

Only just 1 gripe with the dps EV. I don't like the death from above skill.... Ill reiterate, I love the decoy that she spawns. However I really dislike the hovering. I feel like I'm at a disadvantage when I'm in the air. I would suggest either let me fly around quicker whilst in the air (goes well with her agility concept) or just do away with throwing me up in the air. Would be absolutely lovely to use the decoy, back up a few feet, prop up my proton charge & lay waste to everything. OR use the decoy & setup all the mines for EXPLOSIONS!!

Have to leave for work soon so kind of wrote this in a hurry, but this is just my opinion on her after quite a bit of playtime. If you guys have any suggestions/advice on how to use EV, feel free to leave feedback.

big boy + decoy w/ bombs = 1.2mil dps

big boy + rest of the bombs + proton charge = 2.4mil dps

(with drago of course)

now put it into perspective on how other heroes are

I like running into a large group of mobs and deploying the decoy - knowing I will leap to safety :)

It defo needs a cancel button tho - i.e press space bar cancel the hovering and accelerate to the ground (at which point you may say give her some kind of slam attack, to which i say yes and no [insert reasons for either point of view]).

i like the decoy with the bot-sphere for it. running into a group, deploying the bomb and waiting for the boom is so much fun.

her beam-nodes are also very interesting, they are something new, not just the same old tower mechanic.
the synergy with panic fire and press your luck is also very powerful, and even if it is a bug, i hope that we can keep it. otherwise the builder-ev turns into a pure buffbeam EV again, just like it was in DD1...that isnt fun.

for her dps i would wish that all the containers would be equally good, but so far the blue meg manus is so extremely strong...it drains your heat in a few salvos, is relatively precise and has fast projectiles, its secondary deals a ton of damage too...and the other containers are only "meh", especially the green one.
its just another shotgun with very very slow moving projectiles and very slow rate of fire...
i hope that the heatdrain gets changed to a heat-per-second system, so that all the containers drain it equally fast, also i hope that the dps becomes the same for equally strong containers so that you have a free choice and not just "blue is the best".

and yes...weapon manufacturer is weird...2 spheres for faster charging, spheres to enhance its damage that dont work on the builder because the dps-ev needs to equip them...while sacrificing other good dps spheres.

also i would love it if we could control the jetpack height a little, so that we can better use it as a mobility device

but you know what i like the most?
Enemies disintegrate. it looks so awesome!

I don't think the proton beam's "bug" isn't really a bug, or if it is, it makes sense if it could stay, and would be more than acceptable to do so;

This is, without those 2 spheres (unless they change the beam to be nearly as good without the spheres by default) the proton beam is outclassed by nearly everything.
But when you think about it, if you've bothered to test, her Proton Beam gains those buffs because of the way it works.
The beam takes damage when it deals damage, that is, when an enemy walks onto it. Since the duration is 5 seconds and it hits very often, as soon as it procs once, it becomes pretty much permanent until the next Build Phase.

This doesn't happen with the reflector beam because I believe the Reflector Beam is more of a "drain", it just takes damage over time like the Aura Decay.
It would make sense to keep the Proton Beam's "bug" because it can be explained just like that, it takes damage when it deals damage/is used and therefore has a chance to proc the Sphere Buffs.

I'm really liking EV because I can finally scratch the itch I've had since DD1 in that I always wanted to make an EV that used the beam as a primary source of DPS, but it just wasn't practical to run around collecting gems to use for it.  With this system I can just unload, wait until heat goes down, unload again.  It has been working well for downing boss units.

DPS: Great

Buff Beam: Great but limited in use due to DU cost

Proton Beam: Marvelous! (With Panic Fire & Press your Luck). Would like confirmation that this is "working as intended" though before committing to building a full on Crit Damage set for her.

Reflect Beam: Good but limited use due to low frequency of mobs using range attacks which matter (Harbinger excluded)

Weapon Manufacture: Ugh.

I noticed the sphere that adds 50% damage as fire to proton cannon does nothing for me.  Could anyone that purchased it as well tell me about their results?

The sphere that adds 350% ability power to proton cannon works perfectly but it's the 50% damage as fire added that does absolutely nothing, well at least not on dummies I guess I should test it on mobs since maybe dummies say FU to fire.

EV2 is my lady Mega Man! Love her to bits! I love the Mega Man shout out with her Meg Manus Projection (MegaMan Project)! Love it! I also like her staff canisters and 1 other one...I can't remember the name right now. But, it shoots yellow and is pretty fast, too. Charge shot is somewhat fast, too. It's not the bow canister either. However, I agree that the Meg Manus Projection is the best canister.

Cannon EV + the extra 100 heat sphere = GOODBYE BOSSES! What could be better than 3-4 DPS EV's all cannon mode-ing NM4 Harbinger? He's down in seconds! Haha! Trendy, maybe make an incursion outta Harbinger somehow? I dunno...just a thought.

I agree with others that the Weapon Manufacture is really underwhelming. Great idea in concept, but is not playing out as viable in actual gameplay. And why does it not count toward daily quest of aura kills? Is that a bug or is it intended?

@Agronic quote:

I noticed the sphere that adds 50% damage as fire to proton cannon does nothing for me.  Could anyone that purchased it as well tell me about their results?

The sphere that adds 350% ability power to proton cannon works perfectly but it's the 50% damage as fire added that does absolutely nothing, well at least not on dummies I guess I should test it on mobs since maybe dummies say FU to fire.

its a bug that i have seen a few times in here and on reddit. the sphere simply does...well...nothing

If I calculated correctly Proton beam cannot hit 41k crit dmg:(

I'm missing around 18 points in crit damage and it only results in around 200 more damage.(Assuming the next 18 scales the same)

uD5K3dT.jpg

Okay, I lied I forgot about the 750 chest piece. It does go over with that one;)

@Deathrow quote:

How the hell did you get 40k crit damage?

I want to know too. Mine is 36k with 15/43 upgrades but I doubt if it can go 40k with full upgraded gear.