That moment when 1 mob gets past your wall...

That moment when 1 mob gets past your wall that has never failed in the 10+ times you have completed that map on wave 6/7 or 7/7 and 1-3 shots your core before you can run back to kill it.

Now lets be clear, this is generally not a big issue, as most maps are pretty open with the defense play taking place normally close too ones walls, however some maps (Catacombs) are not so forgiving. Now the solutions below are only in response to that map a few others that are spread out with multi cores and future maps that promote Catacombs type game play.

Some Core Solution:

A Cores that require X amounts of hits to die rather then having health pools.

A Core with health that scales with difficulty. (been suggested millions of times)

Another solution would be to address walls rather then the Core.

It is standard practice to simply use one wall rather then a row of walls to block a lane. This is simply due to being punished on a DPS front if you spend to much green mana on walls.

Some Wall Solutions:

One give each map X amount of free walls (might be hard to program and is not very elegant)

Two widen walls.

just my 2s, its just a silly way to fail a map.

Yep its a right WTF moment when an orc just completely bypasses the defences that worked all game long to KO the core.

Sometimes 2 paths come into the same hallway and they both walk on either side of the wall according to the wisp trails, but those can lie.  The best way to know is to actually watch how they walk past the barrier and fix it in that direction.  I've learned that on each current map, each path can fully be blocked with 1 blockade, but it has to be placed right.  Note that sometimes if other people are in your game, they can cause mobs to walk around a blockade if they are standing in the right place. 

@iAndy quote:

Sometimes 2 paths come into the same hallway and they both walk on either side of the wall according to the wisp trails, but those can lie.  The best way to know is to actually watch how they walk past the barrier and fix it in that direction.  I've learned that on each current map, each path can fully be blocked with 1 blockade, but it has to be placed right.  Note that sometimes if other people are in your game, they can cause mobs to walk around a blockade if they are standing in the right place. 

Yep most of us who have racked up enough hours know the tricks to placement hence my comment, as it makes it all the more bizarre. I also play solo, so I dont have to worry about other players screwing up the pathing. 

This is part of what made EV a must have in DD1 (Aside from OP buff beams).  Her wall was exactly fit to areas and didn't leave any gap for enemies to just sort of slip through.  What gets me the most is when there are 2 ogres converging on 1 barricade, they will group up and one will climb up the back of the other to scale the barricade.  Its as terrifying as it is funny.

@Furied quote:

This is part of what made EV a must have in DD1 (Aside from OP buff beams).  Her wall was exactly fit to areas and didn't leave any gap for enemies to just sort of slip through.  What gets me the most is when there are 2 ogres converging on 1 barricade, they will group up and one will climb up the back of the other to scale the barricade.  Its as terrifying as it is funny.

That, and the fact that her walls had the highest hp pools, assuming it was a full length one. Plus, they looked badass.

make mobs  stronger faster  w 40  nm 4  lvl 753   come on the towers get so strong that bonus 20 k hp i dont even feel   oke ogers  get  instead of 3 mil 6 mil  thats a inprovment