How do stats effect EV2 towers?

For example, Does putting points in defense range mean anything, since they dont do projectiles.

Does defense power affect boost ( i assume it does)

Does speed effect the boost or just the proton beam speed?

I don't think speed alters the buff beam (this is all speculation.) However we do know that the power of the buff beam is definitely tied to your defense power.

I can't say anything for range, as I just haven't tested it yet, but I may do that in a few minutes and see what I can find out, but if you watch the proton beam, it does "arc" but I'm not entirely sure if the arc is altered by it. Same goes for torpedo on the reflect, I'm not sure if range changes it, but you can get range as a stat on gear, so who knows, it'll be a bit easier to test that.

Defense speed lowers the proton beam from .6 base, to .3 seconds, though. 

After testing in tavern (a quick test) it appeared that range didn't affect the torpedo splash damage at all. 

I'd be interested in others findings, however.

@Tristaris quote:

After testing in tavern (a quick test) it appeared that range didn't affect the torpedo splash damage at all. 

I'd be interested in others findings, however.

Yep I noticed this also. Talking stats for gear you would want torpedo range, reflect node +1?, def crit % or weapon manufacture speed % (which does seem low %s compared to a 25% sphere) any ideas?

Well it depends on how you want to build for the most part. If you want beast torpedos, you'll definitely want torpedo range, and +1 node, and probably D Crit.

I don't use weapon manufacture just because of how expensive it is to place, so I can't seem to get rid of that stat, but I'm not sure what else would be worth going for. 

Weapons and relic, frosty on each is probably the better option for protons. 

Just my thoughts, though. 

You know

@Tristaris quote:

Well it depends on how you want to build for the most part. If you want beast torpedos, you'll definitely want torpedo range, and +1 node, and probably D Crit.

I have NO idea what " Torpedo's" are and how they work.  I get that they are attached to the reflect wall but i dont understand beyond that.