I came up with some ideas for the new map completion / Victory! screen

This is a rough sketch, but I think it'll be enough for you to understand the idea. 

Imgur album with the pictures in it.

S73QrIk.png

Higher resolution picture

I really liked the old information you could get in the Victory! screen, even though it was completely off, it would be great to have when / if it works.

VCmU8as.png

I also figured you should be able to get some information about these 3 item that was classed as your "best" loot from this game, so I think we should have the classic "On-hover" information.

EuAU59s.png

I'm a big fan of on-hover information, so I would personally love to have one for both the gold, 

ps3CAaA.png

And the XP.

If you have any questions or ideas, feel free to respond, I would love to get some feedback as to what people think of this, and if there is something you think I missed or should remove, feel free to say so, but keep in mind if you think more information should be added that it could be too much, I think this is almost a bit too much information.

Edit: Added links to Imgur for each picture to make it easier to view in the proper resolution.

Edit 2: Made a quick addition of time played tgunlien thank you for reminding me.

RirOMx0.pngHigher resolution picture

Edit 3: Clarification on Leaderboards, added player names from the people who have replied so far to show what I'm thinking.

1DTgZM3.pngHigher resolution picture

Edit 4: Added picture of played hero as an example to a discussed idea.

tbYM8Jm.pngHigher resolution picture

Edit 5: Added tabs for more information in the end, put a little black box behind the current tab number, which you can't really see because of the dark background picture.

Tab 1:

DVkcaPf.pngHigher resolution picture

Tab 2:

JXt92KU.pngHigher resolution picture

Tab 5:

0l2p0o7.pngHigher resolution picture

Tab 6: Battle report. This is where you can see pretty much anything and / or everything, this is on a personal level. So if I place a frost tower and it freezes 5 people, but tgunlien's frost tower freezes 50 people, that would show up as different entries.

b27QQgu.pngHigher resolution picture

Edit 6: cluttered example with (Player_Name) - (Hero_Name) - (Numbers), don't worry this is not something I should be in, I made it to show how cluttered it would be to have it all in there and in a readable font size.

7Uwv3Im.pngHigher resolution picture

Edit 7: Made a Defeated version as well upon request from KnowsNoLimits

X is supposed to be replaced by the enemy that ultimately destroy the core / whatever was destroyed to make you lose.

Y is supposed to be replaced with the enemy that damaged the core the most.

Z is supposed to be replaced by the amount of enemies you managed to kill before you lost.

cADSnBq.pngHigher resolution picture

Edit 8: I decided to make a coop example, more to show how I was imagining it [[63897,users]]

wkkEoJM.pngHigher resolution picture

It could also be good to have the names above each box, so you know who got what.

PG9mSAQ.pngHigher resolution picture

I think that looks pretty good. The thing I'd be interested in seeing also is the amount of time it took to complete the map.

@tgunlien quote:

I think that looks pretty good. The thing I'd be interested in seeing also is the amount of time it took to complete the map.

RIGHT, THANK YOU, I knew it was something I had forgotten. :p

I rike.

Display player names of most damage dealt, rather than hero types. 

@nah quote:

I rike.

Display player names of most damage dealt, rather than hero types. 

That was the idea, I just put in the hero names as a text to show positioning of player names

like it WHEN:

there are player name AND his hero name in that screen.

and when we have a second screen with much much much much more information. like: (the tower x from hero y did the damage abc to enemy zxy) and more..

@Nelly quote:

like it WHEN:

and when we have a second screen with much much much much more information. like: (the tower x from hero y did the damage abc to enemy zxy) and more..

Could you give me an example, I don't really understand what you mean.

@Timpan19995 quote:

@Nelly quote:

like it WHEN:

most damage dealt: EV2 ..... .. <- player name and his hero name. (player name is known for trendy)

dont get me wrong, i like your idea. but i just want everything in the summary screen.. like which defense killed the most enemys (and what enemy)

edit: like for your leaderboard partscreen: Most Damage dealt:  Nelly - EV2 - 1337.000

Most damage taken: NellysFriend - Tanksquire - UnlimetedBecauseHeIsGood

@Nelly quote:

@Timpan19995 quote:

@Nelly quote:

like it WHEN:

most damage dealt: EV2 ..... .. <- player name and his hero name. (player name is known for trendy)

dont get me wrong, i like your idea. but i just want everything in the summary screen.. like which defense killed the most enemys (and what enemy)

That was kinda what I meant when I put the hero names in it, the names I entered were just placeholders. In reality it would say your "handle" / screenname, 

for example 

Most damage dealt - Nelly

Most damage taken - Timpan19995

I skipped things such as which tower killed the most enemies, which type of enemies every player killed the most of and so on, since that shouldn't be part of the Victory! screen, that should be part of a submenu which you have to choose to look at, because otherwise the screen would be really cluttered, and you would be bombarded with information which is relatively useless, yes it has a novelty value, as in it is fun to know, but for the player that don't really care, it will just be annoying, I'll throw together an example using our two screenhandles so you'll understand how cluttered it would become.

@Timpan19995 quote:

I skipped things such as which tower killed the most enemies, which type of enemies every player killed the most of and so on, since that shouldn't be part of the Victory! screen, that should be part of a submenu which you have to choose to look at, because otherwise the screen would be really cluttered, and you would be bombarded with information which is relatively useless, yes it has a novelty value, as in it is fun to know, but for the player that don't really care, it will just be annoying, I'll throw together an example using our two screenhandles so you'll understand how cluttered it would become.

yeah that it what i mean :) (read my EDIT part) just a player name and then the hero name would be better.

forgot one: tower damage taken. i would take that instead of special enemys

@Nelly quote:

@Timpan19995 quote:

yeah that it what i mean :) (read my EDIT part) just a player name and then the hero name would be better.

Tower damage taken is a stat that is kinda pointless from my point of view, since in at least 75% of the games that would be skeleton orcs, Spike walls, or Arcane barrier.

What you could do instead of writing the name of the hero, is to add the picture for it instead, the same picture you see in the sidebar, since that would take less space, and wouldn't look as cluttered.

@Timpan19995 quote:

@Nelly quote:

@Timpan19995 quote:

Tower damage taken is a stat that is kinda pointless from my point of view, since in at least 75% of the games that would be skeleton orcs, Spike walls, or Arcane barrier.

What you could do instead of writing the name of the hero, is to add the picture for it instead, the same picture you see in the sidebar, since that would take less space, and wouldn't look as cluttered.

yeah right..  ok i regret that part. special enemy is maybe the right thing :) (after some deep thought.)

lets shift damage taken to the second screen. i know its 90% only one defense who take the aggro, but it would be nice to see which defense take damage.

picture dont help (my friend use his pets to see which huntrees he currently use) . its easier to write: player - char - XXX (plus a icon for the hero class ;) )

Added an example of adding hero picture instead of hero name as a pointer to which hero was used mostly during the game. I will put together an example of a cluttery Victory! screen later today, since I'm too tired to do that properly right now, but please keep the feedback coming, and since I'm going to do a cluttery one, ideas would be appreciated.

Just realised, what you could do to have all this information available for the players but still not make it cluttered would be to add a sort of tab / page system to the leaderboard sidebar. Will make an example with that one as well later. :p

@Timpan19995 quote:

Added an example of adding hero picture instead of hero name as a pointer to which hero was used mostly during the game. I will put together an example of a cluttery Victory! screen later today, since I'm too tired to do that properly right now, but please keep the feedback coming, and since I'm going to do a cluttery one, ideas would be appreciated.

1minute after my post about the hero icon, you are fast :P player name would be so nice (since 50% of my heros has the same name like everyone in DD2)

@Timpan19995 quote:

Just realised, what you could do to have all this information available for the players but still not make it cluttered would be to add a sort of tab / page system to the leaderboard sidebar. Will make an example with that one as well later. :p

dont worry, every other stat can be only in pure text.

first screen: yours, with the most wanted stats. and then the second screen: where every posible stats is. (serenty aura from NellysHatedFriend killed 1337 enemeys)

edit: expand the quit timer when someone is watching the SECOND stat screen.

[[34927,users]] updated the OP with some more pictures including a tab system, I think tab 6 / battle report might display have the function you meant. :p

@Nelly quote:

@Timpan19995 quote:

1minute after my post about the hero icon, you are fast :P player name would be so nice (since 50% of my heros has the same name like everyone in DD2)

The reason I replied quickly was because I kept checking here and editing at the same time. 

@Nelly quote:
 player name would be so nice (since 50% of my heros has the same name like everyone in DD2)

Player name is already in there, you can see a version of it in both Edit 3 - 5. But I made a version where I also included the hero name, so the formula is (Player_Name) - (Hero_Name) - (Numbers)

I added the picture under Edit 6.

I like this new victory screen, it's clean and more streamlined.

Nice work man.

Mind doing one for the defeated screen?

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Nice work man.

Is there anything special you think should be in it? or just pretty much the same information?

@Timpan19995 quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Nice work man.

Is there anything special you think should be in it? or just pretty much the same information?

Hmm I was thinking about going in more depth with how you were defeated. Things like what enemy ended your run and which enemy was least effected by your defenses.

I mean so many times your crystal gets destroyed and you were like what the hell? everything is still standing what leaked through?

With that sort of information at least you could tighten your defenses the next time around.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Nice work man.

And the victroy screen itself is not my work, that's the new UI they added with the EV2, I only added the side panels and timer. The XP, Gold, and Defender medals part is already in the PC version of the game.

@Timpan19995 quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Nice work man.

And the victroy screen itself is not my work, that's the new UI they added with the EV2, I only added the side panels and timer. The XP, Gold, and Defender medals part is already in the PC version of the game.

Yup I know I watched the last dev stream. :)

I just like how you added something which I feel is needed, being a much more indepth analysis of what exactly happened on the map.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@Timpan19995 quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Nice work man.

I just like how you added something which I feel is much more needed a much more indepth analysis of what exactly happened on the map.

Just wanted to make sure, I'll get into it, I just have to lose a game first to get that screen :p

@Timpan19995 quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@Timpan19995 quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Nice work man.

I just like how you added something which I feel is much more needed a much more indepth analysis of what exactly happened on the map.

Just wanted to make sure, I'll get into it, I just have to lose a game first to get that screen :p

Haha no worries.

Cheers for this.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@Timpan19995 quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@Timpan19995 quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Nice work man.

Haha no worries.

Cheers for this.

Updated OP with new picture, Edit 7 contains the image and a short clarification.