Sign in to follow this  
Antonpup

Matchmaking error, request timed out.

All what networking related software is started on your PCs?

List all programs that run at startup

Log a ticket with support attaching your log file with increased logging as detailed on the support site FAQ.

@Antonpup quote:

I've been getting the request timed out error for a few days now. When I am in the main menu and I press either "Play" or "Play Private", the games does not find a session, and shows me the timed out error. Here's a screenshot of the error: http://puu.sh/oXiWz/2f856f6da4.jpg 

Everything is the same as before the error started, no network changes, no PC changes. I even tried to play on different networks and on different computers, which lead to the same problem. Even tried to validate game and even reinstall the game. So I am inclined to believe that this is an issue with the server, specifically with my account. I have already sent the error report with logs to the support email. Just posting here, to see if this will be any faster than support, as I have read that people have this issue go unresolved for weeks.

Got the same thing for some days, I have been mailed by support some days ago, answered with more informations then nothing.

Plz any way to fix? My last sessions of game where:
watching at error messages, after 15-20 minutes (at best) joining a game, then at end screen again errors, ctrl+alt+del, force close application.

List all the programs you have running at startup.

Upload your launch.log to pastebin or somewhere so we can have a look.

@Fozzie quote:

List all the programs you have running at startup.

Upload your launch.log to pastebin or somewhere so we can have a look.

Europe, Italy

Startup
Nvidia capture server proxy
windows defender notification icon
steam client

laptop

acer notebook
intel i5-5200
nvidia ge force gt920mx

4gb ram ddr 4

windows 10 home 64bit

where to find launch.log plz?

i was able to play this game last month or so ago. and it worked fine. now im trying to log in recently and it keeps timing me out and i cant close down the tab saying that my request tabbed out. so im forced to force close the game in order to try again. i already sent a ticket in with my launch log. heres my launch log. i am not running any virus protection currently and the likes since i had the same stuff since i actually played the last time a month or so ago
https://pastebin.com/MDSs8jJX

i played this game alot during the beta and so on and further so i dont see any issues with my computer entirely

@Angelic_follower quote:

i was able to play this game last month or so ago. and it worked fine. now im trying to log in recently and it keeps timing me out and i cant close down the tab saying that my request tabbed out. so im forced to force close the game in order to try again. 

I did experience the "can't close the tab" problem. Just try to close it with both trackpad and the mouse button together at the same time, several times and it should work, I guess, as that did actually work for me everytime that happens.

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@Angelic_follower quote:

i was able to play this game last month or so ago. and it worked fine. now im trying to log in recently and it keeps timing me out and i cant close down the tab saying that my request tabbed out. so im forced to force close the game in order to try again. 

I did experience the "can't close the tab" problem. Just try to close it with both trackpad and the mouse button several times at the same time and it should work, I guess, as that did actually work for me everytime that happens.

but what about actually connecting to the game it keeps timing me out regardless of what i do when trying to find a session. also im on desktop

@Angelic_follower quote:

@Angelic_follower quote:

I did experience the "can't close the tab" problem. Just try to close it with both trackpad and the mouse button several times at the same time and it should work, I guess, as that did actually work for me everytime that happens.

but what about actually connecting to the game it keeps timing me out regardless of what i do.

That....I have no idea, sorry. As that doesn't happen to me that much or frequent.  

@Angelic_follower quote:

@Angelic_follower quote:

but what about actually connecting to the game it keeps timing me out regardless of what i do.

That....I have no idea, sorry. As that doesn't happen to me that much or frequent.  

thanks anyways i did post my launch log too if that helps anyone figure it out

Log looks odd have you Curl a installed on your system. Something seems to be messing with your Playverse handshake. 

Just wanted to share my troubles in case somebody else runs into the same problems or finds a better solution.

I had 3 issues with the game. 

1. Slow login to playverse when first starting up. (~30 seconds or so)
  2. Finding matches to join at the war table failed the first few times of trying or took a really long time to finish searching.
  3. Had a really hard time leaving a match and going back to the tavern or hub. Would fail at least twice, had to wait about 30 seconds each attempt too. Not fun during group play, when everyone is waiting for you to press g, and you are trying to unsuccessfully leave the map.
Everything else worked fine. Joining games, playing games, continuing to the next match...
So, I tried to mess with whatever I could. Forwarded every port in this thread and whatever else I could find on the internet. Disabled router and computer firewalls. Changed a bunch of suggested settings in Windows. Even tried some DMZ, firewalls off, exceptions added. Nothing improved my issues, even though ports were showing on Network Utilities as open.

What finally worked for me was turning on my VPN servicesquire_small.png. Apparently, my service provider(xfinity) or router provided by them does not like playverse, no matter what setting you change. Bridge mode might have worked, but my personal router is old and all the other games I play work just fine with the provided router, so I didn't test that out. I may run some future tests to see if a wired connection or bridge mode changes anything, but for now, it works.

Now i just get time outs when i try to exit a match when going anywhere but trying to continue on to the next level and after i load in it takes 4-5 trys just to leave!! plz help :x

@danimaltastic quote:

Just wanted to share my troubles in case somebody else runs into the same problems or finds a better solution.

2. Finding matches to join at the war table failed the first few times of trying or took a really long time to finish searching.
  3. Had a really hard time leaving a match and going back to the tavern or hub. Would fail at least twice, had to wait about 30 seconds each attempt too. Not fun during group play, when everyone is waiting for you to press g, and you are trying to unsuccessfully leave the map.
Everything else worked fine. Joining games, playing games, continuing to the next match...
So, I tried to mess with whatever I could. Forwarded every port in this thread and whatever else I could find on the internet. Disabled router and computer firewalls. Changed a bunch of suggested settings in Windows. Even tried some DMZ, firewalls off, exceptions added. Nothing improved my issues, even though ports were showing on Network Utilities as open.

What finally worked for me was turning on my VPN servicesquire_small.png. Apparently, my service provider(xfinity) or router provided by them does not like playverse, no matter what setting you change. Bridge mode might have worked, but my personal router is old and all the other games I play work just fine with the provided router, so I didn't test that out. I may run some future tests to see if a wired connection or bridge mode changes anything, but for now, it works.

This is my exact problem. Using port forwarding, DMZ, reinstalling the game, changing regions. Nothing works. I am yet to try using a VPN but if that's what fixes it, why did it work fine a year ago?

I made a support ticket about this over 3 months and it got marked as Solved without even a reply. Disgusting.

@Xuhybrid quote:

@danimaltastic quote:

This is my exact problem. Using port forwarding, DMZ, reinstalling the game, changing regions. Nothing works. I am yet to try using a VPN but if that's what fixes it, why did it work fine a year ago?

I made a support ticket about this over 3 months and it got marked as Solved without even a reply. Disgusting.

I Have exactly the same problem, anyone knows how to solve that?

Trendy, pls?

@Chronos ~ quote:

I Have exactly the same problem, anyone knows how to solve that?

Trendy, pls?

I managed to find the cause of the problem. I was using Google DNS servers, i set it up manually a while back. Removing them and letting the router use it's default fixed all the issues.