Sign in to follow this  
Denelorn

Server downtime - Listed anywhere?

So I was planning on coming back to play the game and try out EV2 tomorrow...and thats about as much info as I can find on when the patch hits.

Is there a specific time servers are coming down to patch/how long the patch will take?

Can't seem to find the info anywhere and I don't know if they generally have a set schedule that everyone knows and I don't so if they do could someone help me out and say it?

Should I expect servers to go down and midnight tonight and be ready to jam at 6 a.m or will it be mid afternoon tomorrow?

Our scheduled downtime for EV2 is 9AM EDT. Servers should be down for about one hour.

So i just started the game because if thought better be ready as soon as the servers are back online but then a message told me that the Server downtime will be at 9:30 AM EDT and the downtime will be 1 to 2 hours. How about to be on time and if not tell us it somewhere like twitter or in the forums

There should be a maintenance page in theory with a timer till next update starts or this one ends, would be a cool thing instead of having to change over to timezone and calculate when it starts and finishes for you, I live in UK so GMT 0 is pretty easy for me, but still would be neat :)

The downtime had to be slightly extended but we should be back up soons. Sorries about this :(

To pass the time I'll tell you a quick story of EV's past before she was EV2.

There he was, the Squire, surrounded on all fronts by ogres and orcs, no where to retreat. He held his ground strong however after several hours of battle he was worn out and his shield was starting to get too heavy to lift. Surrounded by mana but not enough time to build towers to help protect him. Then from the distant he sees more Dark Elf Archer's taking aim and firing towards him. While at the same time the next wave of ogres and orcs move in for the final blow. An arrow gets hit into his shoulder which makes him drop his shield. He swings wildly holding off a few of the orcs but another push towards him will be his last. But just as all hope is lost he hears the sound of an old friend flying above him. Just as he looks up from the ground he sees EV land in front of him causing the ground to crack. She charges up her overly powerful proton blast from all the mana nearby and unleashes a devastating attack on all the enemies surrounding them. At that moment the Dark Elf Archer's fire another volley of arrows but EV quickly puts up a reflect wall causing them to fly right back at their source. EV quickly turns to the squire and picks him and his shield up and flies off to safety while they see another horde of enemies charge in on their original location.

The End.

@Ice quote:

There he was, the Squire, surrounded on all fronts by ogres and orcs, no where to retreat. He held his ground strong however after several hours of battle he was worn out and his shield was starting to get too heavy to lift. Surrounded by mana but not enough time to build towers to help protect him. Then from the distant he sees more Dark Elf Archer's taking aim and firing towards him. While at the same time the next wave of ogres and orcs move in for the final blow. An arrow gets hit into his shoulder which makes him drop his shield. He swings wildly holding off a few of the orcs but another push towards him will be his last. But just as all hope is lost he hears the sound of an old friend flying above him. Just as he looks up from the ground he sees EV land in front of him causing the ground to crack. She charges up her overly powerful proton blast from all the mana nearby and unleashes a devastating attack on all the enemies surrounding them. At that moment the Dark Elf Archer's fire another volley of arrows but EV quickly puts up a reflect wall causing them to fly right back at their source. EV quickly turns to the squire and picks him and his shield up and flies off to safety while they see another horde of enemies charge in on their original location.

The End.

WOW tell be more uncle ice.......lol but no jk that is a good story make that her bio

@Ice quote:

The End.

The Stroy wasnt long enouth. I can't join any Servers still

Just a suggestion, but there should be a server status page, for people to get status on update, upcoming update and server status in case there are some issues or something :)

@God Pure quote:

Ice Ice Baby, nice story, got another ??? Doesn't have to be EV or EV2 based :)

hehe I have plenty of stories I can make up on the fly but typing them down takes a long time :(

@God Pure quote:

Just a suggestion, but there should be a server status page, for people to get status on update, upcoming update and server status in case there are some issues or something :)

Been thinking this as well, maybe I shall make one. 

@jtbattledemon quote:
WOW tell be more uncle ice.......lol but no jk that is a good story make that her bio

Glad you guys like the short story ^^

@Nightmart quote:

its got now on the game technical difficulties be back at 2pm EDT ? 5 hour delay ?

I saw that on twitter and thought 5 hrs can't be right, there must be a mistake, seeing your message almost made my jaw drop xD, all the games I play currently being updated -_- OUCH

I want to be compensated for Trendy secretly delaying the servers, and crushing my hopes and dreams.

@Kzare quote:

I want to be compensated for Trendy secretly delaying the servers, and crushing my hopes and dreams.

It sounds pretty sad seeing someone say that, its as if they have nothing else to do apart from play DD2 xD

@God Pure quote:

@Kzare quote:

It sounds pretty sad seeing someone say that, its as if they have nothing else to do apart from play DD2 xD

I too am sad and have nothing else to do.  Good time to hit the DMV. :)

And ice, no time for telling stories!  Go push the patch through!  Get busy!  Use a shovel if you have to!