Sign in to follow this  
Tristaris

I voted for Mystic

I must say I had to put my influence points towards the mystic. I wish her description would have been a little better, but it sounds dark, and mysterious, which is enough to convince me.

Who else voted for her, and why?

Now that the Mystic just got over the Mech, I added more of my influence votes to the Mystic (already gave her a bit before, but I didn't want to waste them because the Mech was way more popular). 

I mainly voted for her because I'm looking foward to what tower she'll have. Personally, I don't like machines, and I prefer by far magic themed defenses. 

Mystic because generally I don't think man and machine will have versatility. I am not sold on being able to move towers. 

Mystic doesn't really provide a description of her abilities or what kind of defenses she will have I hope she will go in a different direction. Also the description kinda gives a night-blade feel. 

Mystic, because according to Trendy she is there to appease the Serpent god in my pants.

Quite clever when you think about it, wait that's not it?

Well what the *** does the Seprent god do?

Is it a Tower?

Is it an ability?

Will it eat her up if she doesn't appease it?

Meh like Gunwitch it's the closest I have to getting my Adept back and to be fair I do enjoy dark magic quite alot. That being said Man and Machine could be cool if done right, I just worry about this turning into mech defenders.

As for Barbarian....

Can we please have a moment of silence for the lost, but not forgotten influence points people spent on that one in the last vote. 

I really, really wish we had more info on her defensive style.  I'm really not a huge fan of the mech idea.  It seems like it could end up clunky and awkward, forced into mechs losing personal dps just to have one mobile tower, with any mechs not being piloted being underutilized and inefficient.  If the mystic added debuffs, versatility, something to the defensive kit that was lacking, I'd drop all my influence on her in a heartbeat.  However, by giving us info on the mechs and not on the mystic, the vote seems unfair.

Ancient Mesopotamians and Semites believed that snakes were immortal because they could infinitely shed their skin and appear forever youthful, appearing in a fresh guise every time. The Sumerians worshipped a serpent god or goddess named Ningishzida, an ancestor of Gilgamesh. Before the arrival of the Israelites, snake cults were well established in Canaan in the Bronze Age, for archaeologists have uncovered serpent cult objects in Bronze Age strata at several pre-Israelite cities in Canaan: two at Megiddo, one at Gezer, one in the sanctum sanctorum of the Area H temple at Hazor, and two at Shechem. Serpents were recovered.

So I voted Mystic.

@wilywilton quote:

Mystic because generally I don't think man and machine will have versatility. I am not sold on being able to move towers. 

Mystic doesn't really provide a description of her abilities or what kind of defenses she will have I hope she will go in a different direction. Also the description kinda gives a night-blade feel. 

My unfounded speculation is that Mystic will have to keep her serpent god appeased for her defenses to be effective...which means keeping a depleting meter filled by killing things. So Annoying.

I voted mechs because they will allow you to shift defense resources to hard lanes on demand. Allowing them to make hard lanes a real thing - and allowing an increase in difficulty.

I used all of my points on Mystic because I thought that she would be awesome, and I still do. I wish they gave a little more info on her, though... Also, the Man & Machine doesn't look good at all.

@Xira quote:My unfounded speculation is that Mystic will have to keep her serpent god appeased for her defenses to be effective...which means keeping a depleting meter filled by killing things. So Annoying.

I voted mechs because they will allow you to shift defense resources to hard lanes on demand. Allowing them to make hard lanes a real thing - and allowing an increase in difficulty.

Don't get me wrong they can make MaM pretty interesting with the different tools available to someone that can move towers. Also random thought (been thinking about overwatch too much recently), Trendy could do something like Trobjorn when building turrets and have a scrap mechanic instead of mana to upgrade turrets. 

With mystic I see the "keep her god appeased" line similar to Series EV mega lazor/nuke ability. We haven't been able to test how annoying it is, but again all speculation on my hopes.

Strategic revamp should hopefully provide an increase in difficulty for us that isn't hero dependent.

Mystic ofcourse here, because she sounds female ;)

"pilotable mechs" or a female sounded hero. its obv what will win :D like the last votes, the women wins, not the gameplay