Do you want the ability to turn off auto aim?

Some weapons really suffer from this in a bad way.

Some are helped by it. 

And it all results in a total mess of different experiences when firing a weapon.

Do you want to fire you'r ranged weapon in the trajectory YOU choose or Trendy's? 

[[4370,users]] Can I get a comment if this will ever happen? Have asked before w/o any real answer. 

This is impacting my gameplay negatively pretty much every day.. So a comment on it would of been nice Emoji_Goblin.png

@PandynatorDD quote:

Some are helped by it. 

And it all results in a total mess of different experiences when firing a weapon.

Do you want to fire you'r ranged weapon in the trajectory YOU choose or Trendy's? 

iamisom Can I get a comment if this will ever happen? Have asked before w/o any real answer. 

This is impacting my gameplay negatively pretty much every day.. So a comment on it would of been nice Emoji_Goblin.png

Is this about like when you fire a bow at a target but the shots curve to anything within the cursor rather than directly in the middle of the cursor? It's really noticeable with the Huntress Altfire

@Pneuma quote:

@PandynatorDD quote:

Some are helped by it. 

iamisom Can I get a comment if this will ever happen? Have asked before w/o any real answer. 

Is this about like when you fire a bow at a target but the shots curve to anything within the cursor rather than directly in the middle of the cursor? It's really noticeable with the Huntress Altfire

I'll share my 7 min boring video for examples.

But yes.

I'd like it to be a character-specific option, yes. Falcon shot bows and Armageddon staff need it otherwise it'll be a nightmare trying to hit stuff with their shot pattern, but burst shot bows/staves could do without it since, as you said, I want to hit where I'm actually aiming at for those ones.

@--E@T TH3M!-- quote:

I'd like it to be a character-specific option, yes. Falcon shot bows and Armageddon staff need it otherwise it'll be a nightmare trying to hit stuff with their shot pattern, but burst shot bows/staves could do without it since, as you said, I want to hit where I'm actually aiming at for those ones.

I find the auto aim with the armageddon a nightmare:P Need to stand very far away from mobs to actually hit with it.

Try attacking a ranged goblin(Those that throw bombs) from where he can hit you and almost all the projectiles will go over its head. Even looking into the ground doesn't help much.

@PandynatorDD quote:

I find the auto aim with the armageddon a nightmare:P Need to stand very far away from mobs to actually hit with it.

Try attacking a ranged goblin(Those that throw bombs) from where he can hit you and almost all the projectiles will go over its head. Even looking into the ground doesn't help much.

I think that is because of the shot pattern, not the auto-aiming. Armageddon staff has never excelled at close range shooting. Same goes for Frostfire staff, although that one is a bit better but who the **** uses Frostfire for DPS anyway~

mmmm.. there is no auto aim... what you have and is just in some range weapons is homing, like the Falcon shot.

And if you know how to use it, it allows you to shot multiple enemies at the same time. I mean multiple directions.

@DarkChuky quote:

And if you know how to use it, it allows you to shot multiple enemies at the same time. I mean multiple directions.

Yeah, no. The auto-aiming is extremely evident with the burst shot bows/staves. If there is a whole bunch of mobs in front of the healer and you're trying to shoot at the healer, half the time your shots are deviating to the mobs closer to you because they're also within the crosshair, assuming you're on the same ground level as all of them.

Yes. Please allow us the option to turn this off.  I can see how it might help console players but it really does hurt gameplay when you really need it. 

I remember trying to shoot down a flying kolbold in a pack of fliers.  It was at the top but the auto aim kept picking different fliers.

@DarkChuky quote:

mmmm.. there is no auto aim... what you have and is just in some range weapons is homing, like the Falcon shot.

Wow.  It is most certainly auto aim.  

Ofc, it's mostly horrible.

Sadly they have said that the heroes were built with this 'hard coded' so the original 4 will never get changed.

New heroes should address this problem.

Tough though I do kinda want some aim assist for projectiles but atm it kinda takes to much control imo.   

@Hover Tower 2000 quote:

Ofc, it's mostly horrible.

Sadly they have said that the heroes were built with this 'hard coded' so the original 4 will never get changed.

New heroes should address this problem.

Tough though I do kinda want some aim assist for projectiles but atm it kinda takes to much control imo.   

Wow, thanks for the buzzkill..ship.png

That is something they should seriously look at when they rework the 4 base heroes.

This is one of the reasons I use the Betsy bow.. It doesn't seem to do this.

Not sure if I miss understand but I'm sure there is no auto aim.. if there is 20 mobs in front for sure you cant hit the 21 at the back unless you have pierce...  (I will need to check that boring video)... when Im using bows or apprentice staff I can hit what I want, but of course if the hit box of another mob is not in front of it, as example I can hit Ogres instead of the mobs if I aim to the head, but if I aim low, they will hit whatever is in front of it.

Update already check you video, should had done that first... are you serious? are you complaining for that minimal auto aim, it activated when you reach the hit box of the enemy. It also works for towers!!!  try it for real, on long range vs mobs, the smaller mobs have smaller hit box, the auto aim helper will not make you avoid hitting the one you want. Also I think this is the helper needed for controls (like CoD in console vs Mouse the auto aim is bigger with controls, almost none with mouse) so yes, now I can see the auto aim you were talking about, but this auto aim had never been a problem, you can always hit what you want, airs, goblins, kobols, you must use the real weapons to understand that it's not a problem. In fact I lost a lot of shot when using burst, it doesn't have homing and I can fail a lot. whit standard 4-5 well you shot wide area,  other shot types have different hit box areas. Try to make that same video but in real maps with real weapons, you will notice it's not a problem.

A good example of this causing issues is if you have a kobold behind and to the side of another enemy and it starts running up, you have to wait for it to get in front of the other enemies before you can hit it, even though you can see it fine. The "auto-aim" shots will always go for the first enemy.  The shots will actually change direction from where you are aiming.  This doesn't happen to me with the Betsy bow.

@iAndy quote:

A good example of this causing issues is if you have a kobold behind and to the side of another enemy and it starts running up, you have to wait for it to get in front of the other enemies before you can hit it, even though you can see it fine. The "auto-aim" shots will always go for the first enemy.  The shots will actually change direction from where you are aiming.  This doesn't happen to me with the Betsy bow.

yeah the problem is not the auto aim, is the hit box, it will not allow you to hit what is behind the hit box, what ever is on the hit box will have priority. So you need to wait until the hit box of the kobol is on range. Hit box is alwasy a pain in the *** to make it work good. If you make it to small, you will see shot not doing damage, if you make it to large, you will do heat shot when shooting the foot!

The problem is definitely the auto aim, not hit box.  If it was the hit box it would not be moving his shot, just hitting the target.  It is 100% auto aim and it was a HUGE problem in DD1.  I don't know why they are putting in the same problems that learned about in DD1.  Must be all new team on this game, or must have not played DD1 as much as we have.