Sign in to follow this  
KnowsNoLimits

To all the people who like to AFK out there

I don't know, man. I'll still afk, except I'll just die a few times. It's not like we get actually punished for dying or anything.

[[88490,users]] Hopefully that changes on DA's release and they bring HC mode back to really start fearing him.

[[43706,users]] Yup I expect death to have a penalty in DD2 at some point.

[[75299,users]] DA will just kill you just as much in solo and private match with friends. He isn't particular about which mode you are in.

I'm all for the DA, tough mobs that focus on heroes in general, but the minute that *** gets introduced, heroes need to be able to take a hit at least. I dumped points into health on my huntress and still get obliterated. 

@Tristaris quote:

I'm all for the DA, tough mobs that focus on heroes in general, but the minute that *** gets introduced, heroes need to be able to take a hit at least. I dumped points into health on my huntress and still get obliterated. 

Yep. I have fond memories of crowd surfing in Monster Fest in DD1. Can't come close to that in DD2 at the moment. Most toons can't even take a single hit in late game ... you have to dance around the edges of the fray most of the time.

@๖ۣۜPhoenixX quote:

with the range of archers lets see them get close ^.^

But what if the Dark Assassin is immune to defenses and can only be killed by your afk character?

I hope so Knows, the game is getting stale as you simply shouldn't be able to lose a match currently.

Hardcore needs to be introduced in all NM4 and hopefully the Dark Assassin will be able to run in and jump over your defences as in DD1 and just rip them to pieces. 

Guess we'll just return to the LA/geyser/traps + frosties meta then. Before anyone goes: "But, he'll jump onto your defenses and kill them.", nope, not with a 5,5k range frosty. Or just afk with a tank squire in front of the blockades?

@Junbao quote:

@๖ۣۜPhoenixX quote:

But what if the Dark Assassin is immune to defenses and can only be killed by your afk character?

And what if you have a 1dps char because he is builder? :O does that mean you loose every map you play because you are FORCED to have atleast 1 DPS all the time in your Hero deck?

What about those who dont want that?

What about those who dont got free Hero Slots?

What about the forced aspect of that whole idea of yours? :)

But i guess we all are saved. With EV's rocket jump, we simply go somewhere the mobs cant reach us :p

But no... Wait! That would be Force every player to get EV! :O

Make her 1 Def. Medal / 1 Gem to buy! :p or better give her out free xD

@Jerimis quote:

And what if you have a 1dps char because he is builder? :O does that mean you loose every map you play because you are FORCED to have atleast 1 DPS all the time in your Hero deck?

What about those who dont want that?

What about those who dont got free Hero Slots?

What about the forced aspect of that whole idea of yours? :)

But i guess we all are saved. With EV's rocket jump, we simply go somewhere the mobs cant reach us :p

But no... Wait! That would be Force every player to get EV! :O

Make her 1 Def. Medal / 1 Gem to buy! :p or better give her out free xD

What the **** are you going on about...

@Junbao quote:

@๖ۣۜPhoenixX quote:

That idea is delicously evil, I love it.

If he could only be hurt by hero damage and not the towers themselves then game over to people who want to sit back and afk. Of course to make this really effective their has to be a penalty for death as well.

Hardore mode would be fun to habe  again, if you die you don't respawn back till the wave is over. Man I hope they at least bring that back through the Strategic Revamp.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@Junbao quote:

@๖ۣۜPhoenixX quote:

That idea is delicously evil, I love it.

If he could only be hurt by hero damage and not the towers themselves then game over to people who want to sit back and afk. Of course to make this really effective their has to be a penalty for death as well.

Hardore mode would be fun to habe  again, if you die you don't respawn back till the wave is over. Man I hope they at least bring that back through the Strategic Revamp.

If a player is able to afk then would they really care if they needed to wait till the wave is over to respawn?

DD1 was much more afkable than DD2. I setup my resistances to cap at the 90% in nightmare, and with the jester you could literally look at your toon getting hammered by 5 ogres at a time for 5 minutes before you died. 

One idea, and I'm sure it's way too late to post this because he's already finished...

After he kills a hero he does a fancy-pants 'sacrifice' of the hero, if he's not killed by other heros/towers in that time he nukes or debuffs or damages all towers belonging to that hero.

Some people seem to hate those that farm AFK, I don't see a valid reason.

DA was annoying in DD1 and he it didn't make the game impossible to afk, all you had to do was put your toon behind  your defs and the moment he landed near you, he would get incinerated by them. 

If TE puts him in the game then they would have to give toons a massive HP boost, getting killed over and over because you have little to no HP will make people rage quit. 

I don't understand why people like to AFK... don't you want to play a game, not just watch it play itself?

I mean, I guess it comes from straight-up TD games where the whole goal is to design a defense and watch it play out, but this isn't designed to be that kind of a game. it is meant to have action RPG elements and interaction by the player is supposed to be advantageous.

@Alhanalem quote:

I don't understand why people like to AFK... don't you want to play a game, not just watch it play itself?

I mean, I guess it comes from straight-up TD games where the whole goal is to design a defense and watch it play out, but this isn't designed to be that kind of a game. it is meant to have action RPG elements and interaction by the player is supposed to be advantageous.

After 500+ hrs of play time, some of us already have good gear to be able to AFK, we already worked/played super hard to get where we are. I just want the best of the best, doing stupid long waves of over 1k+ is not fun.                 The game doesn't care if my toon or towers get the kill, so using my toon gives me zero advantages.

Seems like the hatred of AFK farmers is unjustified, the game offers no pvp so AFK farming doesn't give you an edge over anyone, heck you can't even sell/trade gear or golden pets. Why are people so against AFK farming?  

I think they feel like if you can AFK it, t hen it must be too easy. After all, if you didn't need the things your character can do, why do they even exist?

It's not about hate. It just seems really boring to me....

@Alhanalem quote:

I afk from time to time and to be honest I think its a bit strange not to understand why it happens. For the longest time we only had 4 heroes to play with and with those heroes only a small amount of diversity in their defense set. Throw in the fact that there really weren't much set-ups that a person could use to complete a map made for a "wash, rinse, repeat" type of play style.

Well i  do AFK too, but that is more when i actually want to play but need to do other stuff like in the kitchen, cleaning, for work and so on.

I often play semi afk reading or watching movies while playing too.