Sign in to follow this  
GadaiGER

The Barbarian

I like some of the ideas that the OP gave like:

1 - Throw axes in a line
2 - Use rage instead of mana
3 - Gain rage by attacking enemies (AL gains mana by attacking enemies)

4 - Major Lifesteal to keep on attacking

5 - Make him based off Crit dmg (or hero dmg)

Maybe add:

Hero DMG & Hero HP work together in synergy 

or Hero crit & Hero HP work together in synergy 

The monk currently has a couple spheres that used to be Barb Abilities. They are going to revamp Monk anyway, so take those away from Monk & give them back to Barbarian, maybe?

Here are additional ideas:

Barbarian should be able to wield the defenses themselves!  The defense he picks up will determine his ability:

*i.e.

Barbarian actually fights with the tower in hand or becomes the tower, but can move around.

1 - Pickup cannonball tower = Barb now becomes a bowling ball & bowls over enemies.

2 - Pickup Squire Wall = Barb is now a moving wall & pushes enemies back with him

3 - Pickup Huntress trap = effectively becomes a kobold + could avoid dying if resists are high enough

4 - Pickup Apprentice wall = Stun enemies with each hit for 1s + slowed attack speed

5 - Pickup Blaze Balloon = Slowed movement speed + Gets in a Hot Air balloon & drops fire from above + Limited movement.

6 - Pickup AL Ramster = Walking, fighting flamethrower

7 - Pickup Evie Reflect Wall = Barb in now a robot. Gains increased resist stats + immune to projectiles. (or maybe invincible for 3s after picking up tower?)

8 - Pickup Monk SA = Barb is now the mobile version of the SA with a smaller aura & is unable to attack. Or instead becomes "Cleric Barbarian" & sends healing beams to targeted Heroes.

9 - Pickup Evie buff tower = Cleric Barb Version 2 & debuffs enemies + lower their resist stats.

Once a defense is picked up, then the defense is removed from the field (because the barbarian is using it now) & the DU used to place it is now refunded (Again, because the barbarian is now using it & not the field). If players decide to lay down another 1-2 defenses while barbarian has a defense equipped, barbarian cannot put the defense down since all the DU is used up. However, he COULD just dispose of the defense in order to pick up another defense.

When DD2 was 1st announced, one of the biggest selling points was synergy with defenses and heroes. The game seems to not have as much synergy as was boasted at the beginning. Having these BArbarian abilities would make him the ultimate synergy hero!!! :-)

[[4370,users]], please make these things happen! You have the power!! :-)

*I do not take credit for these ideas. Ideas came from player [[86007,users]]

[[11120,hashtags]]

Now, to comment about the topic of influence votes & Barbarian losing last time & being re-voted on this time. Here is what I am thinking:

We have 4 new heroes to vote on so far & 2 old heroes coming back. Evie is coming back without influence votes. Why didn't they treat the barbarian the same? He was used before, use him again just like they are doing with Evie. "Hey guys! We are bringing Evie back whether you like it or not. But, we hope you like the super cool things we are doing with her." Do the same with Barb, "Hey guys! We are bring back the Barbarian whether you like it or not. But, we hope you like the super cool things we are doing with him."

Now, I'm not saying just bring back all the old heroes & put them into DD2. But, for the old heroes they do re-introduce, just put them in game without influence votes. Save the influence votes for the new heroes. got it?

@SpiderDanX quote:

Now, to comment about the topic of influence votes & Barbarian losing last time & being re-voted on this time. Here is what I am thinking:

We have 4 new heroes to vote on so far & 2 old heroes coming back. Evie is coming back without influence votes. Why didn't they treat the barbarian the same? He was used before, use him again just like they are doing with Evie. "Hey guys! We are bringing Evie back whether you like it or not. But, we hope you like the super cool things we are doing with her." Do the same with Barb, "Hey guys! We are bring back the Barbarian whether you like it or not. But, we hope you like the super cool things we are doing with him."

Now, I'm not saying just bring back all the old heroes & put them into DD2. But, for the old heroes they do re-introduce, just put them in game without influence votes. Save the influence votes for the new heroes. got it?

Barbarian wasn't treated the same for the same reason Abyss Lord wasn't treated like the Barbarian. Because the influence votes weren't about heroes at the time and now they are. 

Old heroes shouldn't get a free pass in if the new heroes have to wait for influence votes just because they were in the first game. I just don't think it'd be all that good of an idea to have the votes, then just insert a hero into the group ahead of them. Plus, a lot of the new heroes were already in DD2 :P (pretty sure all of the current upcoming ones were)

Then again, Trendy can do whatever :p especially if the influence votes stop being about heroes. 

Unfortunately damage has been done all we can do is hope that the barbarian doesn't get delayed again. well. and vote for him.

they should just release the barb at the same time as one of the other upcoming heroes. Make him like a consolation prize of sorts just because he is constantly being outshined by newer more attractive heroes :)

@Soulstiger quote:

@SpiderDanX quote:

Barbarian wasn't treated the same for the same reason Abyss Lord wasn't treated like the Barbarian. Because the influence votes weren't about heroes at the time and now they are. 

****I can see your point. Although, remember that the Abyss Lord is NOT the Summoner. They even said so in a couple of their dev streams about the Abyss Lord. They only took some ideas from Summoner to create Abyss Lord. But, maybe that is part of your point? Abyss Lord is a new character & no voting was done for him. Barb is an old Char & there IS voting for him. I guess that goes along with your point, too.

I just wish more people wanted Barbarian more than the other characters. :-P That or just didn't do influence points for heroes & just rolled out Heroes in whatever order they wanted. Then these conversations would not even be happening in the fashion they are! LOL  There would be other complaints instead! LOL ****

Old heroes shouldn't get a free pass in if the new heroes have to wait for influence votes just because they were in the first game. I just don't think it'd be all that good of an idea to have the votes, then just insert a hero into the group ahead of them. Plus, a lot of the new heroes were already in DD2 :P (pretty sure all of the current upcoming ones were)

****By saying all the new heroes were already in DD2, do you mean they were in the MOBA? if so, I never followed DD2 progress during MOBA times. So, this is news to me. :-) Personally, I am glad they scrapped the Moba idea. ****

Then again, Trendy can do whatever :p especially if the influence votes stop being about heroes. 

****SO TRUE!! It is their game after all.****

[[39695,users]]

Yeah, I wasn't saying that the Abyss Lord was the Summoner. My point was more that no one should get special treatment and that Abyss Lord and EV2 got in under different circumstances, which was that influence votes weren't about heroes. 

Having votes to determine the release order for heroes then adding heroes in ahead of what was voted, especially if one was one that lost a vote, is a poor idea. Now, if after this vote they do a series of votes not about heroes and announce they are adding a character, that's totally okay. 

I get that people want the Barbarian, I do too, but if he is included in the influence votes then he should have to follow the same rules while the influence votes are about heroes.

Anyway, yeah, I was talking about the moba ;P I actually had a lot of fun when I played it. Though, tbh, I'm glad that it focused on the tower defense as well. I can't seem to find a wiki page with all the moba heroes anymore... Oh, well. Pretty sure all the heroes so far, other than Abyss Lord, were in the moba. Maybe Lavamancer wasn't? It's been a long time.

I feel sorry for anyone who voted for the Barbarian, you got screwed plain and simple.

I don't know why Trendy didn't just go "right we have the order of 3 new hero's now, so lets move on to the next set".

There is no reason that the Barbarian should be voted on again and I know plenty of people that are pissed off with it. Just because they had a ton of influence votes saved up and nostaglia made them spend all of it on him. Now they have no more influence on this character.

That's pretty low.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

I feel sorry for anyone who voted for the Barbarian, you got screwed plain and simple.

I don't know why Trendy didn't just go "right we have the order of 3 new hero's now, so lets move on to the next set".

There is no reason that the Barbarian should be voted on again and I know plenty of people that are pissed off with it. Just because they had a ton of influence votes saved up and nostaglia made them spend all of it on him. Now they have no more influence on this character.

That's pretty low.

How? 

Three heroes will compete in a round-robin tournament. The hero with the most Influence Points from all three rounds together will be our next hero!

If anything their post implies that only first place was going to be made. Until they announced that Lavamancer was coming I had assumed that as well. The only reason people are upset about Barbarian is because they, despite no prior reason to assume this, assumed that all three would be made.

The oddity here was Lavamancer being made, not Barbarian not being made.

This is the same as if saying they were "screwed" by any other influence vote, because their option lost. Were the people who voted for Crumbled Bulwark screwed since The Buried Bastille lost?

@Soulstiger quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

That's pretty low.

How? 

Three heroes will compete in a round-robin tournament. The hero with the most Influence Points from all three rounds together will be our next hero!

If anything their post implies that only first place was going to be made. Until they announced that Lavamancer was coming I had assumed that as well. The only reason people are upset about Barbarian is because they, despite no prior reason to assume this, assumed that all three would be made.

This is the same as if saying they were "screwed" by any other influence vote, because their option lost. Were the people who voted for Crumbled Bulwark screwed since The Buried Bastille lost?

All 3 are confirmed to be coming, not just Gunwitch and Lavamancer. The Influence vote was originally meant to determine in which order and then they pull this crap on people who used all their points on the Barbarian.

You can't even compare this to Ramparts and Glitterhelm, do you see another map vote with those two again?

Round robin or not we all know the Barbarian isn't going to win this vote either. It's really pointless adding him to it when he should of naturally came out after Lavamancer.

Not only could another Hero debut in his spot, but people won't feel so jaded in voting for a character they thought had one shot to appear in a certain order. Now they have nothing to vote with.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

That's pretty low.

they don't refund influence points anymore when the points spent is on the losing side?

@GadaiGER quote:

As far as i can see the current votes are kinda low compare to the laste ones.

maybe thats because noone has any left or they just wanna use them on the barbarian XD

But yet no replies from trendy themselve. wanna hear their opinion too

No official reply usually means the truth is unattractive. My guess is they are going to do whatever they feel like, and only view the votes as suggestions.

Unless the company CEO/as a whole has 'morals'. And it's evident Trendy is just as psychopathic as any other company - they make their employees sign non-competes.

@Soulstiger quote:

SpiderDanX

Yeah, I wasn't saying that the Abyss Lord was the Summoner. My point was more that no one should get special treatment and that Abyss Lord and EV2 got in under different circumstances, which was that influence votes weren't about heroes. 

Having votes to determine the release order for heroes then adding heroes in ahead of what was voted, especially if one was one that lost a vote, is a poor idea. Now, if after this vote they do a series of votes not about heroes and announce they are adding a character, that's totally okay. 

I get that people want the Barbarian, I do too, but if he is included in the influence votes then he should have to follow the same rules while the influence votes are about heroes.

Anyway, yeah, I was talking about the moba ;P I actually had a lot of fun when I played it. Though, tbh, I'm glad that it focused on the tower defense as well. I can't seem to find a wiki page with all the moba heroes anymore... Oh, well. Pretty sure all the heroes so far, other than Abyss Lord, were in the moba. Maybe Lavamancer wasn't? It's been a long time.

I just want to tell you that you are wrong & I am right...just because....I want the Barbarian. But, I can't honestly refute your logic. :-P You make sense. & points should always go to logic....unless it's the US government...then it's all about emotions...lol But that's another conversation for another forum. lol

Only time will tell what actually happens & when.  Thanks for the conversation. :-)

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@Soulstiger quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

That's pretty low.

How? 

All 3 are confirmed to be coming, not just Gunwitch and Lavamancer. The Influence vote was originally meant to determine in which order and then they pull this crap on people who used all their points on the Barbarian.

You can't even compare this to Ramparts and Glitterhelm, do you see another map vote with those two again?

Round robin or not we all know the Barbarian isn't going to win this vote either. It's really pointless adding him to it when he should of naturally came out after Lavamancer.

Not only could another Hero debut in his spot, but people won't feel so jaded in voting for a character they thought had one shot to appear in a certain order. Now they have nothing to vote with.

All three are confirmed to be coming? Then why is the Barbarian being voted on again? And no, it was originally just to decide the next hero.  "Naturally should have come after Lavamancer" after finding out that the Lavamancer was coming when they showed their schedule in the stream, I agree. But, it isn't. I really think they should reword their description of the votes to better reflect their intent. In the current wording, and how it was worded for the first hero vote, it implies that only the winner will be made.

While Series EV2 is finishing her upgrades in Sky City, we need you to decide which hero will join the fight after she does!

Here’s how it works:

1. Three heroes will compete in a round-robin tournament. The hero with the most Influence Points from all three rounds together will be our next hero!

https://dungeondefenders.com/2/initiatives/40

Soulstiger All 3 are confirmed to be coming, go ask Trendy why they put him in the vote again.

Not me.

The reason why you are not seeing rage from the likes of you have never seen from Barbarian fans is simply for the fact that it's been comfirmed they are all coming out at sometime.

Your job as it stands right now is to pick out in which order they debut. If Barbarian loses this vote as well, expect him end of this year or early next year at best as the majority of the community is showing that they don't really care about him.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Soulstiger All 3 are confirmed to be coming, go ask Trendy why they put him in the vote again.

Not me.

The reason why you are not seeing rage from the likes of you have never seen from Barbarian fans is simply for the fact that it's been comfirmed they are all coming out at sometime.

Your job as it stands right now is to pick out in which order they debut. If Barbarian loses this vote as well, expect him end of this year or early next year at best as the majority of the community is showing that they don't really care about him.

Well, obviously if they keep making heroes Barbarian will eventually be released, but that doesn't make him confirmed. They have only confirmed up to Lavamancer.

Not even sure what you said in the second block.

Odd decision to say "your job" Why should we expect him so soon if he loses this vote, too? The community isn't so much showing that they don't care, as much as they are showing how much more they want these other characters. Many have said that they want the Barbarian, but they want were more excited for the other heroes.

@Soulstiger quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Not me.

Well, obviously if they keep making heroes Barbarian will eventually be released, but that doesn't make him confirmed. They have only confirmed up to Lavamancer.

Odd decision to say "your job" Why should we expect him so soon if he loses this vote, too? The community isn't so much showing that they don't care, as much as they are showing how much more they want these other characters. Many have said that they want the Barbarian, but they want were more excited for the other heroes.

He's been confirmed to be coming from Trendy themselves, I can't really make it simpler than that.

Your job was a reference to being a player of the series and picking who you want to see next. The new Hero's do have more hype than the Barbarian it's sad to say that's why he won't win this vote either.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@Soulstiger quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Not me.

He's been confirmed to be coming from Trendy themselves, I can't really make it simpler than that.

Your job was a reference to being a player of the series and picking who you want to see next. The new Hero's do have more hype than the Barbarian it's sad to say that's why he won't win this vote either.

You could make it simpler by providing a source. The only heroes confirmed are up to Lavamancer who has appeared in their roadmap. "eventually maybe might make it" isn't confirmation. He has an early mock up model in the game so far from the first votes, and as far as I know that's as close to a confirmation that he's received. So, unless you can provide a citation of a Trendy Employee saying that the Barbarian *will* be added, apparently by the end of the year/early next year according to you, I'll go ahead and continue thinking that he isn't confirmed.

Not saying he won't eventually be added, as he probably will, but that by no means means he is confirmed. 

Then again, not sure what this has to do with me saying that Barbarian doesn't deserve any special treatment about getting into the game. Or with it being unfair that he is being voted on again. Everything, up until Lavamancer was shown in a roadmap, implied we were only getting Gun Witch from that vote as far as I know. And even if they do do the top two of each vote, or even all three this time, it doesn't matter because it's up to them how to use our results.

The voting page itself says that the winner will be the next hero. It says nothing about the losers.