Sign in to follow this  
GadaiGER

The Barbarian

Warning: Maybe bad grammar barbarian.png

First of all the stuff down below will never be getable because noone wants the barbarian.... atleast most of the ppl that dont know how fun a full ad brawler can be

So IF the barbarian wins would you rather like to see him use Rage or Blue mana ?

We all know how to get Blue mana but Rage could be obtained by just hacking on your enemys.

And maybe even give him a buff when his rage is full (woah that would be cool... maybe even a bonus passiv on his weapons for when he fills his ragebar).

From the pictures i guess he will have some kind of axes what in my opinion is pretty cool.

Well if he has axes why not give him an ability where he throwes them and let them pierce all enemys in a straight line (cool)

And i guess we all hope he will yet again get some sort of lifesteal so he can just stand in hordes of enemy and tank it all by himselve (if you want to see that in action you should try DD1 ^^).

And at last the most important thing that most ppl wont aggree with is that he shouldnt scale with ap atall !!!

in my opinion he should be a full ad crit hero and scale for that realy high... espacialy crit ( maybe a skill that buffs his crits or as a passiv for items (that already exsists but maybe a special one for barbarian ( to many clips)))

Thats most of the stuff i would like to see on the barbarian if we ever gona see him ^^

trendy could give him atleast the votes from the last votings so he has a slight chance to win and we wouldnt have wasted our influenze points that much.

Here are additional ideas for his kit:     (posted by SpiderDanX)

Barbarian should be able to wield the defenses themselves!  The defense he picks up will determine his ability:

*i.e.

Barbarian actually fights with the tower in hand or becomes the tower, but can move around.

1 - Pickup cannonball tower = Barb now becomes a bowling ball & bowls over enemies.

2 - Pickup Squire Wall = Barb is now a moving wall & pushes enemies back with him

3 - Pickup Huntress trap = effectively becomes a kobold + could avoid dying if resists are high enough

4 - Pickup Apprentice wall = Stun enemies with each hit for 1s + slowed attack speed

5 - Pickup Blaze Balloon = Slowed movement speed + Gets in a Hot Air balloon & drops fire from above + Limited movement.

6 - Pickup AL Ramster = Walking, fighting flamethrower

7 - Pickup Evie Reflect Wall = Barb in now a robot. Gains increased resist stats + immune to projectiles. (or maybe invincible for 3s after picking up tower?)

8 - Pickup Monk SA = Barb is now the mobile version of the SA with a smaller aura & is unable to attack. Or instead becomes "Cleric Barbarian" & sends healing beams to targeted Heroes.

9 - Pickup Evie buff tower = Cleric Barb Version 2 & debuffs enemies + lower their resist stats.

[[11081,hashtags]]

[[11081,hashtags]]

[[11081,hashtags]]

I agree with your very first sentence. It's going to be a loooong time before he gets released if they stick to this voting thing. Literally every other hero they come out with is going to be voted for over him, even if only because they're something new. I can see it becoming a running joke already, similar in meaning to "when hell freezes over" or "when pigs fly." 

People will ask when something is going to be added into the game, and receive the reply, "when barbarian is released."

Giving him his influence votes from the previous vote would be an odd idea. At that point why not just make him after the Lavamancer?  A 52,395 vote head start is just ridiculous.

@Soulstiger quote:

Giving him his influence votes from the previous vote would be an odd idea. At that point why not just make him after the Lavamancer?  A 52,395 vote head start is just ridiculous.

Maybe but otherwise he will just be pushed back till late 2017 or even longer

@GadaiGER quote:

@Soulstiger quote:

And? I want him too, but honestly way more psyched for Gun Witch, Lavamancer, and Man and Machine. I honestly hopes he beats Mystic, but if he doesn't, oh well, that just means that the community at large didn't want him as much.

What happens when they use your method and a character you want loses because of it? Also, your method would essentially guarantee that the loser of a vote would be made, if not the next initiative then the initiative after that. Which kind of defeats the purpose and could lead to a character winning that most people didn't want.

@Soulstiger quote:

@GadaiGER quote:

@Soulstiger quote:

And? I want him too, but honestly way more psyched for Gun Witch, Lavamancer, and Man and Machine. I honestly hopes he beats Mystic, but if he doesn't, oh well, that just means that the community at large didn't want him as much.

What happens when they use your method and a character you want loses because of it? Also, your method would essentially guarantee that the loser of a vote would be made, if not the next initiative then the initiative after that. Which kind of defeats the purpose and could lead to a character winning that most people didn't want.

that what this threat is for. to see the opinion of other ppl aswell

@Soulstiger quote:

Unfortunately i do agree with this i personally think just making him and excluding him from the voting scene would have felt alot better and there wouldn't be as much backlash from the community. This in my opinion was a horrible mistake and only served to cause upset to the people whom wanted to play the barbarian

@Fenthis quote:

@Soulstiger quote:

Unfortunately i do agree with this i personally think just making him and excluding him from the voting scene would have felt alot better and there wouldn't be as much backlash from the community. This in my opinion was a horrible mistake and only served to cause upset to the people whom wanted to play the barbarian

And? Should they just drop the influence votes all together? So that no one get's upset that their choice didn't win?

@Soulstiger quote:

@Fenthis quote:

@Soulstiger quote:

And? Should they just drop the influence votes all together? So that no one get's upset that their choice didn't win?

Lets be realistic though, lets assume for a moment that barbarian did inherit his previous influence then people would complain that barbarian was naturally going to win due to a tremendous head start, without the headstart people whom had wanted the barbarian feel cheated. If barbarian never even showed up in this voting scene, defaulting to being made after Lavamancer, then the community would probly have not thought any different.

I understand that you might be looking forward to M&M or Mystic and want to see them released earlier but it doesn't change the fact that the community might have been better off left oblivious to such a possibility.

@Fenthis quote:

@Soulstiger quote:

@Fenthis quote:

@Soulstiger quote:

Lets be realistic though, lets assume for a moment that barbarian did inherit his previous influence then people would complain that barbarian was naturally going to win due to a tremendous head start, without the headstart people whom had wanted the barbarian feel cheated. If barbarian never even showed up in this voting scene, defaulting to being made after Lavamancer, then the community would probly have not thought any different.

I understand that you might be looking forward to M&M or Mystic and want to see them released earlier but it doesn't change the fact that the community might have been better off left oblivious to such a possibility.

Do people complain that they are cheated every time their poll option loses? What about the campaign normal difficulty poll? That was even something that the other option isn't going to be added later. 

I get that some people really want the Barbarian. I do too. But, he even got substantially less votes than the other two. In fact his total votes was less than Gun Witch got in one round. Now, why should the 2nd and 3rd place be guaranteed to be made? Especially if it's at the expense of heroes that the community wants more?

My post has nothing to do with who I want, though it is Man and Machine. I actually initially thought we were only getting Gun Witch, and that Lavamancer and Barbarian would be sidelined until they won a vote. If Man and Machine doesn't get made this time around I'll be disappointed, but I won't feel cheated. That's how this system works. 

@Fozzie quote:

Give us more time to farm a pair of howling axes for him anyway

Would be cool if he would get those but i guess he wont use the current weapons

@GadaiGER quote:

@Fozzie quote:

Give us more time to farm a pair of howling axes for him anyway

Would be cool if he would get those but i guess he wont use the current weapons

Yeah, he'll probably get a set of weapons, rather than being able to equip two separate weapons. Then again I could be wrong, but EV2 got her canisters rather than equipping staves/bows

As far as i can see the current votes are kinda low compare to the laste ones.

maybe thats because noone has any left or they just wanna use them on the barbarian XD

But yet no replies from trendy themselve. wanna hear their opinion too

@GadaiGER quote:

Warning: Maybe bad grammar barbarian.png

First of all the stuff down below will never be getable because noone wants the barbarian.... atleast most of the ppl that dont know how fun a full ad brawler can be

So IF the barbarian wins would you rather like to see him use Rage or Blue mana ?

We all know how to get Blue mana but Rage could be obtained my just hacking on your enemys.

And maybe even give him a buff when his rage is full (woah that would be cool... maybe even a bonus passiv on his weapons for when he fills his ragebar).

From the pictures i guess he will have some kind of axes what in my opinion is pretty cool.

Well if he has axes why not give him an ability where he throwes them and let them pierce all enemys in a straight line (cool)

And i guess we all hope he will yet again get some sort of lifesteal so he can just stand in hordes of enemy and tank it all by himselve (if you want to see that in action you should try DD1 ^^).

And at last the most important thing that most ppl wont aggree with is that he shouldnt scale with ap atall !!!

in my opinion he should be a full ad crit hero and scale for that realy high... espacialy crit ( maybe a skill that buffs his crits or as a passiv for items (that already exsists but maybe a special one for barbarian ( to many clips)))

Thats most of the stuff i would like to see on the barbarian if we ever gona see him ^^

trendy could give him atleast the votes from the last votings so he has a slight chance to win and we wouldnt have wasted our influenze points that much.

[[11081,hashtags]]

[[11081,hashtags]]

[[11081,hashtags]]

This thread is just ridiculous. If he didn't win the vote, then clearly he wasn't wanted, so stop throwing a fit.

It's odd how "obtainable" is such a common word, yet somebody said "getable" instead. :P

@OЯEO quote:

It's odd how "obtainable" is such a common word, yet somebody said "getable" instead. :P

The letter N in the phrase "Grammar Nazi" is capitalized because it includes a proper name, and in English we capitalize the first letter of proper names. To not do so is disrespectful, and you wouldn't want to disrespect the Nazis, would you?

@Soulstiger quote:

@Fenthis quote:

@Soulstiger quote:

@Fenthis quote:

@Soulstiger quote:

Do people complain that they are cheated every time their poll option loses? What about the campaign normal difficulty poll? That was even something that the other option isn't going to be added later. 

I get that some people really want the Barbarian. I do too. But, he even got substantially less votes than the other two. In fact his total votes was less than Gun Witch got in one round. Now, why should the 2nd and 3rd place be guaranteed to be made? Especially if it's at the expense of heroes that the community wants more?

My post has nothing to do with who I want, though it is Man and Machine. I actually initially thought we were only getting Gun Witch, and that Lavamancer and Barbarian would be sidelined until they won a vote. If Man and Machine doesn't get made this time around I'll be disappointed, but I won't feel cheated. That's how this system works. 

This quote chain is getting ridiculously long :P.

I merely state had the idea never presented itself on the board the community would probly have been alot happier, the people whom wanted M&M and/or mystic probly would have gone under the assumption that Barbarian was closer to being finished thus would be made directly after lavamancer, and still remained excited over the voting,

Anyway damage has been done and there is no way to really fix it i spose its just my thoughts of how it should have been done

@Fenthis quote:

This quote chain is getting ridiculously long :P.

I merely state had the idea never presented itself on the board the community would probly have been alot happier, the people whom wanted M&M and/or mystic probly would have gone under the assumption that Barbarian was closer to being finished thus would be made directly after lavamancer, and still remained excited over the voting,

Anyway damage has been done and there is no way to really fix it i spose its just my thoughts of how it should have been done

Yeah, they could have probably handled it better. I do hope we get Man and Machine and Barbarian this time around, though. Unless they reveal more details about the Mystic that make we want her more than them ;P

Yeah, they could have probably handled it better. I do hope we get Man and Machine and Barbarian this time around, though. Unless they reveal more details about the Mystic that make we want her more than them ;P

Ill be honest I want M&M to win but i don't exactly feel any happier knowing that he could be released before barbarian due to the fact that a line of curiosity makes me wonder what they could do with Barbarians kit.

Yeah, I'm interested in what they'd do with the Barbarian as well. Would he keep his stance set up from DD1? How well would that work without a genie? Would they change his "mana" to rage? Depletes out of combat and when you use abilities? Will Hawk Stance come back? Will it actually be a stance this time? ;) 

One thing, in the stream they referred to him as the first "Melee DPS" and mentioned that the Gun Witch was the first DPS character. Does that mean that Gun Witch won't have any defenses? If so I'm even more excited for her.

@Soulstiger quote:

Yeah, I'm interested in what they'd do with the Barbarian as well. Would he keep his stance set up from DD1? How well would that work without a genie? Would they change his "mana" to rage? Depletes out of combat and when you use abilities? Will Hawk Stance come back? Will it actually be a stance this time? ;) 

One thing, in the stream they referred to him as the first "Melee DPS" and mentioned that the Gun Witch was the first DPS character. Does that mean that Gun Witch won't have any defenses? If so I'm even more excited for her.

If she's the first DPS character then that means Abyss Lord's 300k DPS and monk's 1million DPS isn't considered 'real DPS'.

Which scares me a little inside...

@Xira quote:

@Soulstiger quote:

If she's the first DPS character then that means Abyss Lord's 300k DPS and monk's 1million DPS isn't considered 'real DPS'.

Which scares me a little inside...

Yeah, lol, will be scary T.T