Sign in to follow this  
ddace

CDT Update 2 Beta Discussion

Due to tilting off the face of the earth while fighting the Embermount boss, I have very little useful input this time around.

Embermount items seem to match effort:reward very well. The map is not easy to complete and the rewards are excellent. I do not think any of the items are too strong as is, though this is from very limited testing.

I know literally nothing about either Embermount or Moonbase survival.

I advise rotating the player spawns on Embermount to the right 90° like you did with Buccaneer Bay.

Apprentice's mana bomb needs one of two things to happen:

1. Reduced cooldown

2. Allow the damage to be boosted after a scaling decrease

As it stands, the 45s cooldown is extremely awkward to use in a boss fight scenario. (which is also the only scenario that really matters)

You don't do enough damage to warrant a 45s CD *cough* Hawk Stance 4s CD *cough*.

Accessory changes are pretty good, but I had a REALLY annoying time trying to get a full set. (since you can't mix myth/+ with godly/-) I personally don't think that making everything the "lab assault" standard is good enough to make Palantir farmable. Its still more efficient to run Lab for supreme accs than it is to do anything else. 3mins/run vs 20 mins per run makes it far more likely to get what you want from Lab.

Most accessories from Lab are terrible godlies, which makes bulk farming the most effective, which maps like CD don't allow.

From a pragmatic standpoint, Embermount for accs isn't worth it either unless you're like me and already have 340+ armguards on most characters.

Loving the changes to upgrade priority and the fixed &*^%*(&^$ buff beam placement. I can play DD again. <3

After going through most of the improvements/bugfixes, I like/love basically all of them.

Keep up the good work, guys.

NOTE: The acc set bonus doesn't require anything from the stats/quality of the items. It just requires 3 items from the set to be equipped

On a somewhat related note, how much have people figured out about the harbinger? Some of the things it does aren't exactly standard... (the comment about the damage above leads me to believe that atleast some people haven't worked it out yet. Hint, hint...)

@CrzyRndm quote:

NOTE: The acc set bonus doesn't require anything from the stats/quality of the items. It just requires 3 items from the set to be equipped

Strange... I had a cursed, a myth, and a supreme on and didn't get a set bonus.

@ddace quote:

@Hardened Defender quote:
  • Higher survival start waves certainly help with end-of-survival runs, however I do agree with EagleOne in that maybe the start wave shouldn't always be max - 2 for the 35/40 wave survivals

This change was made to treat all maps equally concerning the max start wave.  If the community wants to change it back, we can do that.  My question would be why treat certain maps differently than others?

No you're right Acen. All maps should be equal in communist DD. You are leading the revolution.

@Caimen0 quote:

@CrzyRndm quote:

Well 3 items from the set is not true. While testing this i just realized that the shield does not count for the setbonus. It is in all cases just ignored.

@nijoX quote:

@Caimen0 quote:

@CrzyRndm quote:

Well 3 items from the set is not true. While testing this i just realized that the shield does not count for the setbonus. It is in all cases just ignored.

The shield is not calculated as part of the set since not all sets have a shield.  So it is based on hat, mask and bracers.  I have updated the patch notes to help clarify this.

@anotherengineer quote:

One question, since I forgot to test.

Can toons look and shoot straight up and straight down 90 degrees??

no

@Akasame quote:

Any idea on what you guys would want more feedback ?

We have a list of changes based off of the common feedback so far ready for the next build of the beta.  While we are waiting to receive that from Trendy, continuing to test the beta to make sure nothing broke is helpful.  :)

@ddace quote:

@Akasame quote:

We have a list of changes based off of the common feedback so far ready for the next build of the beta.  While we are waiting to receive that from Trendy, continuing to test the beta to make sure nothing broke is helpful.  :)

I hope you guys take some of the Feedback into consideration .... and thx :)

@kg4q quote:

@ddace quote:

@Akasame quote:

I hope you guys take some of the Feedback into consideration .... and thx :)

We do.  Feedback is very important to us. Sorry if I was not clear in the previous post but the community feedback is what the next round of beta changes comes from such as adjusting ethereal spike, reverting trap trigger radius and adding a toggle to the particle beams. 

Changes do not go into the live game without the overall approval of the community.  We can't ninja fix/nerf/buff or force anything into the live build ourselves.  

I noticed when i walk into the secret room (not the one for getting all the achievements. I believe it is gotten after beating the camp.) It becomes extremely laggy.

I am enjoying all the new changes that have been made within the beta, all the items seem balanced and the new map is fun and very enjoyiable. The new mob seems a bit strong but I am liking that. Hyped for the beta to be made into the full game.

@ziglasdk quote:

1. the map is impossible for 3k+ builders.

2. i can go into the Rock

3. i can go into some of the armour

4. This is the only skull i can go into ;)

5. I can go into these mushrooms

6. this isn´t a normal hammer;)

7.  I can go into this fire

1. Myth Builders 3k to 3.5k

ED5DB60344DF23AFD0DC4FC0FA50B3C42A2E7600

2-7. Intended... imagine all the stuck enemies ;)

@ziglasdk quote:

i cant even do it with my 6k builders. But its maybe i need a good build ;)

The less people there are into your game the easier the run is.

You definitely don't need 6k builders.

I will throw my opinion in here aswell now.

I´ve had mulutiple times mana stuck below the wooden planks after opening the chests on Embermount.

Also I have tons of spiders stuck at the western side. 

And with the survival drop changes/acc camp map changes, I think we should see over a long time how the changes affected the real game sine nobody will farm hours of survival in a beta I guess.

Anyways I really love the new map. It looks really good and the weapons and accs are awesome and I think it is pretty well balanced but the Harbingers do a little tick to much dmg in my opinion. I´d love to see them do 10-20% less dmg or less range but that might be just me.

I agree with many of the other feedbacks e.g make summoner overlord able to face further south and most of the others.

Non the less really good work. I love it <3

- There are still stuck djinns on CD, however much less than before. (phase 2, only 1-2 / run) The "hovering just outside aura/archer range" djinns also remain.

- Instant upgrade finally works \o/

- Idle djinns at akatiti waterfall remain.

- ethereal spikes are OP

- The "item quality display beam" could use a swich on/off button

please dont nerf the new mob. I really enjoy him *_* also, one issue ive noticed is the despawn time.

I upgraded my whole map and went for a smoke, waiting on one ogre x)

this is a huge problem that is boiling my Brain :

Stuck Djins in CD and other maps