Sign in to follow this  
Moutro

Skeletal orcs as walls

I often hear in game that Skeletal orcs sometimes let mobs pass through him or ranged enemies will ignore it and attack objectives through it.

So my question is: Are they viable / trustworthy to use them as walls or they are buggy like Apprentice walls?

yes, javelins will throw through them (solution: dont put the orcs in a straight line with defense/core)

iirc then every barricade let some enemy slip. dont know the agro numbers of squire baricades and orcs

booth squire and AL barricades are worthy, when you know how to place them.

the AL def has more HP but they take more damage. i play with AL def because i cant tell my friend that his baricades (he/we are proud of the 1mil orc barricade) are nearly the same as my old squire barricades (i hope thats right) but his AL def has more defense power, so much that i think to use a DH/DP AL  def with frosty tower.

They're more expensive, and the extra health isn't necessary. They feel smaller than a barricade as well. I used them initially but then realized my skeletal archers were killing mobs too fast anyway so it didn't matter.

Squire still wins when it comes to walls. And he's happy about that.

Automation, vengeance, sexier du cost and teleport for dummies. ^^ 

I disagree completely with most people when it comes to orc walls xD

Idk how but imo Orc walls feel as wide as 2 barricades. I do the new incursion and place 1 orc wall at the stairs right where the enemies spawn, and the enemies pile up on the orc instead of walking past him, even though there's enough room on the sides to let an ogre walk past, that have never happened tho ;)

+ i do feel they are tankier with 670k vs 370k HP + the sphere that give a shield when they would be dead. Basically my orc walls have 818k HP at base which is rather stupid.

Some enemies just slip past them. I've seen kobolds just run towards them, fail to "impact" and slip towards the core. Same for some orc ladies when another mob is pushing them and the smaller goblins.

The one I'm happy about is the colossus, who can aggro enemies even from other lanes.

@Nefhith quote:

Some enemies just slip past them. I've seen kobolds just run towards them, fail to "impact" and slip towards the core. Same for some orc ladies when another mob is pushing them and the smaller goblins.

The one I'm happy about is the colossus, who can aggro enemies even from other lanes.

Orc walls and barricades can do that too... Seen it so many times that some kobold run past 1 wall and then run straight into the wall on the lane beside it... Rly dumb xD

@DKperfection quote:

@Nefhith quote:

Orc walls and barricades can do that too... Seen it so many times that some kobold run past 1 wall and then run straight into the wall on the lane beside it... Rly dumb xD

THIS SO MUCH!!!! Especially in gates and liferoot. I've seen it happen a LOT more with orc walls. I don't know, they seem to have a "rounder"? hitbox that makes it easier for enemies to slip, or something :/

Ok.. this is the order I prefer:

Arcanes: good HP, they seems to have better resistance vs range and magic enemies, I had seen leveled Arcanes getting 0 damage from Orcs. They are Cheap and they have good range when leveled.  Problem: You need to farm for a very good Staff in Harbinder and Enemies have more chance to ignore them, specially the Liferoot filan boss... 

Dummies: They are cheap, have good range and can teleport enemies back to respawn, combine this with Archers and you have a great build. Problem, they fall to easy, gets a lot of damage form ranges.

Spikes: Good passives, can auto heal, better size and have less chance for enemies to ignore them, but they can also fail. They are like paper vs ranges and magic enemies. With today build, there is a low chance enemies can reach they range, so they are not being healed due the passive.

Skeletal Orc: Big amount of HP, Electrical stun hits, good damage. Problem: not cheap, enemies can ignore them.

Today all build have something in common: Long range kills, that means Walls are being used to avoid runners or that strong boss that was able to pass the Death zone (where everything is dying) Then this allow the use of Cheap walls, because you only need them to resist enough. Not like before that they were used to concentrate enemies near the traps or auras. I think we will need to wait for the NM5 or other difficulties to really need Walls again.