Sign in to follow this  
Matthew7991

What's going on with the Devs and the Game

First of all sorry for my bad english.

I am asking myself. Are the Devs even still looking in the Forums?
I looked into the Dev Tracker and it looks like the Devs most of the time only answer to Thread which they started.

Beside that there prioritization are just awefull like they are working on new heros maps but they dont fix bugs which exist since the closed beta.

For example the game is unplayable for me. The game is crashing like every 10 minutes beside that there are just so many bugs which let you loose or you have to restart the game because it just gets way to laggy or enemys are bugged so you have to restart the map. And these are just the gamebreaking bugs there are way more which really should be fixed ASAP
(I already reinstalled the game and i checked all my driver and they are up to date)

I guess the Devs are just ignoring the community.

And I just would like to ask. Why do you guys try to redo everything. I really like the standart maps from DD2. I have nothing against one or two redos but 3 (which we already know about) and i guess almost every DD1 map will follow

My system plays the game fine without crashes, lagging, etc.

Sounds like the problems are on your end of things. Try upgrading to a better PC/ISP.

We're absolutely reading the forums. Fixing the game-breaking bugs is at top of our priority fix list (particularly the crashing and black screen issues). We are absolutely committed to fixing bugs in our weekly bug-fixing patches and in our major milestone updates.

@iamisom quote:

We're absolutely reading the forums. Fixing the game-breaking bugs is at top of our priority fix list (particularly the crashing and black screen issues). We are absolutely committed to fixing bugs in our weekly bug-fixing patches and in our major milestone updates.

Dont forget to mention different teams work on different parts of the game. So content updates and patches are different!

Oddly enough I don't have problems with crashes or that terrible lag. Perhaps the problem is on your end? Have you tried opening up a support ticket?

As far as I know, they are working on the strategic revamp which is going to change pretty much everything at the moment, and to say the maps are a bad idea is really false. DD1 maps a lot of the community loves, and if implemented right, will be awesome in my book and I'm okay with it. The whole team isn't all focused on one map or whatever and there are people working on different aspects of the game.

To say they aren't making strides right now is quite a severe understatement.

@Skullbob quote:

My system plays the game fine without crashes, lagging, etc.

Sounds like the problems are on your end of things. Try upgrading to a better PC/ISP.

My PC should be good enouth it can handle the current games on High Settings or Ultra but i like it to be on the save side

@iamisom quote:

I am glad that finnaly somebody anwsered to my threads. But do you have a anwser to my last kinda Question. DO you will release completly new maps too and not only remakes?

@Matthew7991 quote:

@iamisom quote:

I am glad that finnaly somebody anwsered to my threads. But do you have a anwser to my last kinda Question. DO you will release completly new maps too and not only remakes?

To be fair they are "new" maps. Only the outline of the map is the same. Like with Foundries and Forges, yes it was inspired for Unholy Catacombs but they are indeed different maps

@Pneuma quote:

@Matthew7991 quote:

@iamisom quote:

To be fair they are "new" maps. Only the outline of the map is the same. Like with Foundries and Forges, yes it was inspired for Unholy Catacombs but they are indeed different maps

Yea but still I already know that map from DD1 it's just to similar and the new Mechanic with the Knights is in my opinion just annoying. And of course they already released new make which are not just remakes (the Halloween map) and i really liked those way more than then the current one

@Matthew7991 quote:

Right now, our focus is on DD1 map remakes with new Incursions to go with them, but there will be non-remake maps coming in the future.

@iamisom quote:

@Matthew7991 quote:

Right now, our focus is on DD1 map remakes with new Incursions to go with them, but there will be non-remake maps coming in the future.

That is so much better. DD2 maps look nice, but are way too simply designed.

The more DD1 maps are just that much better. Personally I rather seeing what happened to old areas as time goes by and I already know they have great design. New maps I could care less about. Not one map in DD2 is memorable to me.

Now consider remaking Aquanos. The greatest map in DD history.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@iamisom quote:

@Matthew7991 quote:

The more DD1 maps are just that much better. Personally I rather seeing what happened to old areas as time goes by and I already know they have great design. New maps I could care less about. Not one map in DD2 is memorable to me.

No thanks on that aquanos map. I hated that map on the Xbox360 version. I NEVER beat it even after losing 100 times, cheating by modding a weapon in, and then trying another 100 times. the sharken dudes always just shoved my defenses around.

@Pneuma quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@iamisom quote:

@Matthew7991 quote:

No thanks on that aquanos map. I hated that map on the Xbox360 version. I NEVER beat it even after losing 100 times, cheating by modding a weapon in, and then trying another 100 times. the sharken dudes always just shoved my defenses around.

Not the map's fault you sucked at it.

From the layout, to the music and introduction of Sharken. It was god like.

It's ok that map wasn't meant for casuals.

My squire harpoons on a buff beam ripped the Sharken to pieces but both heroes were on 6k plus damage.

Great map even liked Riddle of the deep

Oh man maps I would love to see come back, number one Aquanos for reasons stated above.

- Akatiti Jungle

- Embermount

- Winter Wonderland

- Karathiki Jungle

- Palantir

- Talay Mines

- Mistymire

- Moraggo

- City in the Cliffs

- Moonbase

- Tinker's Lab

Explodes from too much Nostaglia.

Notice I don't mention Crystaline Dimension, it was just a tedious map to do. Awesome concept, but not a fan of multi tiered map. Not because it was hard, but it was just annoying to rebuild every single time.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Oh man maps I would love to see come back, number one Aquanos for reasons stated above.

- Akatiti Jungle

- Embermount

- Winter Wonderland

- Karathiki Jungle

- Palantir

- Talay Mines

- Mistymire

- Moraggo

- City in the Cliffs

- Moonbase

- Tinker's Lab

Explodes from too much Nostaglia.

Notice I don't mention Crystaline Dimension, it was just a tedious map to do. Awesome concept, but not a fan of multi tiered map. Not because it was hard, but it was just annoying to rebuild every single time.

I havent played any of those except Mistymire and Moraggo; Moraggo being my favorite DLC map on the 360.