Sign in to follow this  
Jojozityjo

Seriously, raise the medal cap x.x

In all seriousness, just raise the defender medal cap, or better yet, remove the cap, having a cap, at this point, is actually causing me to play less and avoid playing because of the cap.

im currently sitting on 11.7k medals and three dailies, but i dont wanna do the dailies, cause it will be a complete waste, cause ill be getting medals, that i cant have. And there is nothing but heroes and spheres i wanna spend them on. I dont need item upgrade boosters, i dont need pet affection boosters, i own all the damn uber spheres i could ever want, and im happy with what i have with abyss lord. So im currently, avoiding playing, cause i dont want to accidentally get medals, that will just get thrown away, because you devs, for some stupid reason, put in a medal cap, we've never had a cap before, take the damn thing away.

for the love of god, let me stock pile more damn medals so i can get that beloved EV2, possibly have a new main and enjoy the fact i finally have another girl ot represent with, and also be able to play around with whatever spheres she might have, which, will cost medals, but no, because of the cap, i can only get EV2, then have to wait for dailies to come back to maybe, MAYBE, get 1 sphere, out of probably the 30 she will have to toy around with.

raise, or remove ,that stupid cap, please, for the love dragonfall DX

I'm seeing this as a common complaint, but I think the cap is in place on purpose.

I mean Trendy doesn't want you stock piling up DM's so come release of a new character you can just purchase them every time, instead of paying gems for them.

That's the only logical reason I can come up with. However players like you will be frustrated, because your sole intention and principle will be never to buy gems for characters.

So hopefully they reconsider on the cap.

The only option I can give you is to maybe spend DM on a hero slot to help alleviate your frustration. Otherwise just forget about dailies, because idk if this will ever be addressed.

cap: has a purpose (especially in a alpha game)

higher cap: yes pls (i assume that EV will cost 12k medals too) i want to buy a hero and some spheres for him on the rls date. (i know i get medals while i level up the new hero)

so a medals cap of 14k would be ok. 12k for hero and 2k for the spheres.

i dont even need hero slots, i've stil lgot open ones ready for new heros, but of course, when i buy the new hero, ill get a slot too, so, that kinda defeats the purpose

and about stockpiling caps, they shouldnt worry to much about that, only the most no life of players would be able to stockpile medals to a point that trendy could possibly lose out of cash, cause medals are scarce and not exactly easy to come by, i mean, for common players, it takes about a month and a half to save up the 12k for a hero, i know it did me, and i did every daily, took advantage of the may weekend madness thing, and bought as few things for defender medals as possible, only a few times did i grudge at pet dailies and chip out 250 medals for a pet affection booster just t oget the pet dailies done a few times. Doing that,I only recently got to the cap, and EV is almost out(i hope) but still, i got some days, maybe even weeks to go before ev comes, so now i cant really do anything or ill be wasting my dailies x.x

i even bought Abyss Lord with crystals so i could start saving up for ev2 immediately and i only jsut recently got the medals to get her when she lands.

something about the cap should be done, if not removal, they should definitely raise it, cause i agree with Nelly, having the cap set to the exact amount a new hero costs, is just .. silly, it should be higher than that, so we can buy the hero and get a sphere or 2 for them so we can test them out. As it is, i dont even wanna throw medals around for testing cause it means i wont have enoug hfor the next hero and their spheres by the time they come out x.x

buy a lockbox key for the or another hero slot. I gotten like 3 hero slots already. Up to 14 heroes might make a 15th.

jojozityjo Wait until tomorrow then.

EVE trailer will be shown, you may have a better idea of when to expect EVE and what to do with medals then. I suspect early June.

I know why you bought AL with gems and saved up for EVE, being a new female character and all and a kick ass one at that. However I think that may of been the mistake that is causing your issue. Atm AL was meant for those gems and you wouldn't be as annoyed right now.

I agree though cap is indeed stupid, however I'm really interested to see how Trendy is going to handle it. They could update the cap to be higher or maybe monetize it so if you want a higher DM cap you will have to pay gems.

Then again they can simply ignore it and just tell you to buy hero slots and boosters with them.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

EVE trailer will be shown, you may have a better idea of when to expect EVE and what to do with medals then. I suspect early June.

I know why you bought AL with gems and saved up for EVE, being a new female character and all and a kick ass one at that. However I think that may of been the mistake that is causing your issue. Atm AL was meant for those gems and you wouldn't be as annoyed right now.

I agree though cap is indeed stupid, however I'm really interested to see how Trendy is going to handle it. They could update the cap to be higher or maybe monetize it so if you want a higher DM cap you will have to pay gems.

Then again they can simply ignore it and just tell you to buy hero slots and boosters with them.

We bought AL with gems, because no one could have the medals for AL on the rls date (yes it was a not so good move from trendy, but who cares.). i dont know why you bring the female thing in here.. you are the only one who are focused on the female aspect of every hero.

@Nelly quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

We bought AL with gems, because no one could have the medals for AL on the rls date (yes it was a not so good move from trendy, but who cares.). i dont know why you bring the female thing in here.. you are the only one who are focused on the female aspect of every hero.

I brought the female aspect in here, because I am familiar with this poster's history in my Gun witch thread. Where she posted specifically that she prefers female characters and LOL I'm looking forward to Abyss Lord just as much as EVE and Gun Witch. I'm also hoping my  male Summoner returns.

You are always looking for a fight, but idk why since you never win. :(

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@Nelly quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

I brought the female aspect in here, because I am familiar with this poster's history in my Gun witch thread. Where she posted specifically that she prefers female characters and LOL I'm looking forward to Abyss Lord just as much as EVE and Gun Witch. I'm also hoping my  male Summoner returns.

You are always looking for a fight, but idk why since you never win. :(

dont use "you" when you are only writing to only one person. and it seems that the thread is over a month old? so sorry that i dont know that....

so dont say that iam always looking for a fight.. but thanks for the insult.

[[34927,users]] You are looking for a fight though and multiple people have called you on it. This thread right here proves it. I'm just posting a comment with no form of intention but to help the OP out and here you come in wanting  to start some ***.

So either take a chill pill or go play some DD2.

I have no intention to fight with you in every thread.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Nelly You are looking for a fight though and multiple people have called you on it. This thread right here proves it. I'm just posting a comment with no form of intention but to help the OP out and here you come in wanting  to start some ***.

So either take a chill pill or go play some DD2.

I have no intention to fight with you in every thread.

jesus. seems like i should stop with the 'not writing to the part where i agree with the person'.

you wrote " i know why YOU", you wrote in the same sentence something about female. so SORRY that i answered that!

i know that you only tag ppl, and that you dont quote. so sorry that i dont know which paragragh of your post is for what person.

@Nelly quote: i dont know why you bring the female thing in here.. you are the only one who are focused on the female aspect of every hero.

you had many threads with the focus of the gender of a hero.

iam not looking for a fight. so stop attacking me for that..

ive no interest in lockboxes, if i want a costume, i chip out the gems for it instead of playing the gambling game with the lockboxes lol

and i dont need hero slots, i still have open slots waiting to be filled that i have no need for until new heroes come out.

as for knowsnolimit, i dont think it was a mistake to buy AL for gems, cause i did state that i only recently was able to get the 12k gems, which means if i didnt buy abyss lord with gems, then id only just now have him and then be kinda screwed for when EV2 comes out, cause i want her asap, like, ugh, i want her last week ago, been psyched for her lol

she was one of my favs in DD1 and DDE, and here, her model look beautiful, just amazing, ill probably change the dreads mind you, but other than that, beautiful.

but yeah, i just pray, beg even, that they at least raise the cap, so i can sit on a fair roost of medals for a new hero while having a few extra that i earn that i chip out freely, without worry, for boosters, or the two dozen other spheres for AL just to say i have them and play around with them for more enjoyment, but with the cap as it is, i cant do that, so im pinching every last medal i can just to be able to have EV2(and again when other heroes come) the day she is launched and at the same time, avoiding playing so i dont accidentally do dailies i could use for some quick medals AFTER EV2 comes out so i can quickly get 1 or 2 of her spheres x.x

[[72087,users]] No I understand your argument, I just think Trendy's intention with DM was that they were meant for Abyss Lord and anything AL related. You weren't really meant to be saving for EVE right now.

Anyway it's up to Trendy with what they want to do with the DM system, but I too would like to see a cap increase.

Trust me you aren't the only one excited about EVE2 either. Nostalgia hit me hard seeing her making her debut once again in a Dungeon Defenders game. I'm sure you won't be disappointed with her in DD2.

I totaly agree with you I would prefer to save the medals for the new heros and spheres instead of dont even get them or always buying new hero slots

The medal limit is the first thing actively demotic sting me to play. I don't think for the very first time I will bother with dailies for a while. I have nothing to spend medals on so no reason to earn more.

If Trendy released the EV spheres at least that would be something.

Ya it's the same concept as a gold cap. An utterly terrible idea no one would ever want.

I won't mind a higher cap. But I don't really care either way. I will just continue buy hero slots so I am set for future heroes. At 5 unused right now.

Idc much for the cap rly, i totally understand why it's in place and honestly i don't see the big issue everyone seems to have. If they go for the same system as with AL, spheres won't cost much more than 500 medals (some even less) so just be smart and have 3 daily quests prepared that all give at least 250 medals and bam you're set with the new hero + at least 1 sphere almost at the same time the new hero is released.

the issue is, we cant really feel safe in buying anything with the medals, like affection boosters, upgrade boosters, or being able to buy all the spheres and just playing around with them, instead we feel like we have to pinch every last medal like the stooge, in order to be ready for the next hero release

I say 20-25 k Limit is fair.

However like I said before, don't be surprised if Trendy monetize the option. Say 500 gems. That way if you want an expansion on DM to acquire free stuff they get something back.