Sign in to follow this  
DasSaffe

Question regarding some things I havn't seen

Hey fellow defenders,

I currently on my way back to DD1 and so I'm checking the forums to get a heads-up.

I stopped here and I have some questions regarding the stuff people say, for example:

Trading

Cubes - Obvious, didn't change at all, but how can people have > 600 cubes? (saw it in an offer)
Is there a way to farm them now?

Diamonds - Okay. The pets you get form the coal-thingy, once you reach 88, but what do
those numbers stand for? (5 / 10 / 15) ?

ToT - Something on a threadmill? Where to farm those and was is the initial T stand for?

Event-Items - Okay, should be clear. There is no way to get them now, right? If someone wants to have a specific
Item and the event is over, there is no way to obtain it, right?

Censoring / Trace - What is the point in blacking out the last digits of an Ult++ item? Why do we do this
and why is that only interesting for Ult++ gear? (found that in a thread). Also, why is the trace important?
How can I look at it?

CV - What item is this? CubeValue?

Labruns - I saw someething like this: Labruns: 1:10
What should that be? A map which is hard to farm? What does the 1:10 stand for?

Anything else I need to know?
Holy moly, I'm really not up to date anymore :/

So first of all welcome back :)

Cubes no you cannot farm them. Most likely the one who offered more than 600 means not cubes he means cube value.

Diamonds are valued in Noncap=5 cubes, Singlecaps=10 Cubes and Doubblecaps=15 Cubes

Tot means treadmill on a treamill. you get them from one of the newer maps Moonbase for taking the fish and after that reaching a score of 42 on the dance machine.

Yes you need to trade for event items. But right now there are new events. The last event was about 2 weeks ago and rewarded new event items.

To black out ult++ pieces is just so no hacker can copy pasta them and get the "real" item on his own.

Trace is nothing you can simply look at. It is important to know that your event item is not hacked. Traces look like "event host -> personX -> personY -> me". If the person who gives you the trace is trustworthy then you usually take the trace and call it a day. If the person is suspicious then you go and try to confirm the trace by askign the people to see if the trace is real. But you will barely need to make sure a trace is real since most people who own events in forums are trustworth but be on a lookout in floorshops!

Yes CV means cube value

Lab runs is pretty much the number one currency besides Cubes. There is a challenge "Lab Assault" whicch can be played with 6 players and you can sell these runs by getting some person in with 4 characters and pull him trough the map. 1:10 ratio means that the person pays 1 Cube every 10 runs you do. 

Thank you so much Moonwalk :) That really helped me a lot :)

One final question though:

you get them from one of the newer maps Moonbase for taking the fish and after that reaching a score of 42 on the dance machine.

wat? xD I just tried to look it up on YT, but taking a fish? Dancemachine?

// nevermind, I just found it ... lol

I would say diamond are more like 5/10/20 but it is really up to those running the auction.  :)

@ddace quote:

I would say diamond are more like 5/10/20 but it is really up to those running the auction.  :)

considering that you need 88 coal which is almost 15 cv yes I agree. Or at least make it a 1:8 tradeing ratio or so...

@Moonwalk quote:
@ddace quote:

considering that you need 88 coal which is almost 15 cv yes I agree. Or at least make it a 1:8 tradeing ratio or so...

Not what he meant. If it depended on the value of the coal used to spawn then we would be saying noncaps and singles should be more. Acen is arguing that doublecaps are a lot more rare than 15 cubesworth.

Answere 1 :

No there is no one way to Farm it but if someone bid like 600 cubes he means the value - For example : 120 cubes bid (hes going to bid a Celebration and its value is 120 cubes most of the times)

Answere 2 :

(5/10/15) these numbers stand for the value of the diamonds - (non cap Diamond 5 cubes /1 cap Diamond 10 cubes /2 cap Diamond 15 cubes)

Answere 3 :

ToT stands for Treadmail on Treadmail - you farm them from the map Moonbase when you reach the score 42 in the dancing machine

Answere 4 :

yes there is no way to get it , only of you do the Event map you get it - and if someone bid with some event on a thread to get an item

Answere 5 :

Ult++ gear is a very rare item so if someone want to sell it he wants ppl to get a better look at it thats why he block the Negative and the last Number

The trace is the screenshot of all the previous oweners of the event tell the First person that Farmed it For Example : Moonwalk > kg4q > acen > OtterDarkness > DasSaffe , if you have a screenshot of these names thats the trace

its very important today to prove that your event isnt hacked cuz sadly these days there is alot of duped and hacekd event you see noobs that only played 40 hours have them

Answere 6 :

Yes CV stands for Cube Value

Answere 7 :

Lab Runs [1:10] this stands for on the right number of Runs and on the left number of Cubes like [ 1 Cubes : 10 Runs ] wich means if you pay 1 cube you will get 10 runs

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Note :

of you have more Question we will be here for you ;)

I feel like the trading section could use a sticky with information like this, I am sure it will help a lot of new people figure out what is going on around here.

I would like to note that because of DD1's client-sided elements, it is possible to hack/dupe items. Although, it is against the rules to discuss the means of such actions on the forums. It happens frequently unfortunately, and there is not much we can do about it besides doing things like item-checking, tracing, and censoring.

Your best chance of getting items that aren't hacked is by using only the forums to facilitate trade. In game trading is unreliable.

If you are interested in getting your items checked, I would advise posting them in the official stickied item check thread here.

Item checking is done by community members who understand how stats are rolled on items and what the maximum possible values are for each. Checking tries to ensure that your items aren't hacked, however it is unfortunately possible to hack items that will pass a check.