Please no more like spectral knight incursion.

In the devstream it was mentioned that Trendy was planning on making more maps like the spectral knight incursion... Please do not add more maps like the spectral knight incursion. I believe it was Pmasher who said that he liked how the map required you to actively defend because even if "you're an awesome tower defense god" you still have to kill the knights. And it would be great to have more to do than AFK but not like this, not like this!

The spectral knight aspect of the incursion, is basically a super simplistic mini game about clicking on swords and walking to places. And I don't want to see a minigame on every map making this into mario party. And even if you like Mario Party, this isn't the right way to do that either. Those minigames are 30 seconds so they don't get boring. This is closer to 30 minutes, and it will get sickeningly boring after you play it enough.

Instead of adding in minigames and gimmicks and crap, take the time to rework the combat system. Make it fun, and make it more necessary to actually have a player fighting. Bring back enemies like djinn and spiders to challenge defenses. (but mark spider spawns this time...) And through the combat system, make every map interesting and not just incursions.

I have not played the new incursion, but from what I've seen, I have to agree with this.

Gimmicks like this might keep me entertained once or twice through, but generally just become annoying after that.

There are much more pressing issues with this game than a lack of mini-games within maps.

The idea is very creative but I don't like to have it on the map I'm playing. I also did not appreciate it on the second Halloween map. Not sure how the majority of the players feel about it but I dislike the fact that I have to leave my defenses and run to obtain a buff.

Maybe this is necessary once the defenses are so OP you can afk everything. As long as the players' stats are not that great/OP I see the 'chasing around the map to gather a buff' as annoyance.

I think once the strategic revamp as (including DPS revamp) is done, this is not necessary anymore.

More co-op plays would be nice. Something that would engage the team as a whole rather than what's happening now, where only 1-2 players do the cleansing.

This map in particular is too simple, but if you remeber Djinn maps from DD1, they were quite different.

@keyy<3 Maybe you will like the Glitterhelm remake map. It is pretty huge so you have to rely on others for keeping the lanes because running there to help would take too long.

[[12589,users]] oohh like Necrotic? or bigger bigger?

@Warmonger quote:

This map in particular is too simple, but if you remeber Djinn maps from DD1, they were quite different.

How so? I mean it was a slightly harder minigame, but it wasn't a fun map. In fact I think they were some of the least popular maps, and they were my least favorite. I never even did the jungle one, because walking between different points on a map pressing e on glowing lamps for a freaking hour is not my idea of fun. That map got old before you were halfway though it.

There were other maps you couldn't afk that were waaay better, like the volcanic eruption challenge with the lava moving it's way up the map, that was fun and couldn't be afked. Crystalline was way better, the crystal heroes you had to stop, the map switching meant you at least had to spend more time building, and of course the boss also makes you Dps. Though of course crystalline had it's own problems. (namely not knowing what's coming ahead and losing 40 minutes in too the gauntlet the first time... very annoying.)

The point is ones like the volcanic eruption one were better because you actually used dps instead of hitting e on things, and it brought interesting challenges for building, instead of pressing e.

Boss maps like Alchemical laboratory, Throne Room, Summit and the mighty Sky City and Aquanos. I think having a boss to overcome is the best mechanic.

I enjoy the Spectral Knight incursion it is a proper team map, 3 lanes and one person cleansing.

A boss with a mechanic that isn't a bullet sponge / DPS Race and nothing else can be fun. To be fair though, before power creep made harbinger easy, people were putting their heads together on how to come up with enough damage, and sure he had a couple gimmicks, but was largely a DPS race boss.

But OP, you sound more upset with combat as it is currently, rather then not liking the map. I agree there's a real lack of agency and unique-to-hero stuff/builds  in terms of items/upgrades and combat involvement with them. (A large % of dps huntresses will be wearing the same gear, with the same ideal traits, with the same ideal spheres for example)

I like the map and sure the puzzle is hardly a puzzle, but it's something active and engaging. What exactly are you looking for? So many people rock archers/SA or frost/LA/SA/geyser and dont even think about enemies anymore. More enemies, varied enemies, strategic revamp, are all going to bring changes to this aspect of the game. 

I for one don't want to say "And don't you dare make any challenge/puzzle maps until combat, gear, and agency is the cray-cray bomb assed dope sh!*!!1!"

Spoiler: I want challenge maps, puzzles, AND revamped combat, gear, and combat!

@Fozzie quote:

Boss maps like Alchemical laboratory, Throne Room, Summit and the mighty Sky City and Aquanos. I think having a boss to overcome is the best mechanic.

I enjoy the Spectral Knight incursion it is a proper team map, 3 lanes and one person cleansing.

Ya it was pretty good. But I know it would be possible to make other enemies challenging and engaging beyond just bosses, if trendy can pull it off. And I feel like that's overall better, it could work on every map.

@Stanky quote:

I for one don't want to say "And don't you dare make any challenge/puzzle maps until combat, gear, and agency is the cray-cray bomb assed dope sh!*!!1!"

I think that is pretty close to the right thing to say, though not worded... anything like that... The thing is, if you make stuff like spectral press "e" incursion, and then you fix the combat, you're going to be left with a map after the combat rework, where you can't be engaging in combat, because you're pressing "e" and running around.

@Stanky quote:

I think that is pretty close to the right thing to say, though not worded... anything like that... The thing is, if you make stuff like spectral press "e" incursion, and then you fix the combat, you're going to be left with a map after the combat rework, where you can't be engaging in combat, because you're pressing "e" and running around.

But I wanna have my cake and eat it too!demon.png

The spectrals really aren't that hard... All it takes is one competent person doing them. As somone who isn't strong enough to solo any nm4 maps all the way through yet I solo'd this incursion to round 5 on my first try (so essentially ignored my defences for the first half of each wave)...

Use a couple of speed up medium spheres and boost the hero hp if you're struggling. The curse pet ability makes it really easy if you have it.

@Stanky quote:

But I wanna have my cake and eat it too!demon.png

But how are you going to eat it when you're to busy pressing "e" on swords...

@lewis_woodg quote:

The spectrals really aren't that hard... All it takes is one competent person doing them. As somone who isn't strong enough to solo any nm4 maps all the way through yet I solo'd this incursion to round 5 on my first try (so essentially ignored my defences for the first half of each wave)...

Use a couple of speed up medium spheres and boost the hero hp if you're struggling. The curse pet ability makes it really easy if you have it.

What the hell are you talking about? Nobody said spectral is hard, I said it's boring.

To alleviate the pain. You can skip them wave 1 and 2. And the rest of the waves you most of the time only have to cleanse 3 or so of them. That is if you a a "tower defense god".

Fun mechanic for the first few times. But gets repetitive pretty fast. 

@PandynatorDD quote:

Fun mechanic for the first few times. But gets repetitive pretty fast. 

Which is a big problem, especially with a game that aims to keep players for hundreds of hours. Just think about this, you're a new player, you do it on medium for the first time, okay, not bad, got a cool sword... Then you go to hard... insane... nm1-4... 7 difficulties, you could be bored with it well before nm4...