Sign in to follow this  
gigazelle

Negative customer experiences and brutally honest feedback

@SwitchbladeUK quote:

Well seeing characters were being compared to Apple iPhones... Etc etc

That was an analogy trying to illustrate why some people are reacting negatively to DD2's hero prices using something people (generally) agree on the value of, not a direct comparison like the one you are trying to make.

(Edited for clarity and a grammatical issue)

@SwitchbladeUK quote:

Question : How much would you pay a takeaway pizza ? 

Form an orderly queue with your answers please. 

Is the pizza finished?  Or are they handing me a lump of uncooked dough drizzled with tomato sauce?  And is the pizza joint a new restaurant trying to bring new customers in with sick advertisements for delicious pizza?  But when you come inside you find out they're making you pay the same amount you would for a cooked pizza elsewhere... but here you pay that much and get a pizza that hasn't been in an oven? Hm.

It's important I have those answered before moving forward, that's just me though.  I know there are others out there who would pay any amount for anything to a business they trust/believe in.  Just like people send money to televangelists

no knocking those people, it's just the way it is.  You probably find a lot of enjoyment in the game and that's awesome, because it's a worthwhile investment of time/money for you.  But not everyone's like that, and those voicing their opinions here about the price worry that it'll drive the game into the dirt because of the negative experience people, who don't think like you, will have.  You're fundamentally going to disagree with people who think trendy should be more realistic with the quality of their product and what it's worth in today's market because you just.. believe in it.  And that's cool, but there really isn't any much more of a discussion to be had on the specific topic of "is it too much money?" because now we're dealing with beliefs and opinions, and ignoring facts.

Edit: to clarify, not saying you're the one ignoring facts.  My side is doing it too.  It all stems from "do you think this game is good enough atm?" and I'm betting your answer is yes, and ours is no.  That's where the opinion/belief comes from so it's impossible to really move forward with this specific part of the discussion rationally until we're all on the same page with that.  But we wont be, so meh, lol

@Pachipachio quote:

Edit: to clarify, not saying you're the one ignoring facts.  My side is doing it too.  It all stems from "do you think this game is good enough atm?" and I'm betting your answer is yes, and ours is no.  That's where the opinion/belief comes from so it's impossible to really move forward with this specific part of the discussion rationally until we're all on the same page with that.  But we wont be, so meh, lol

To be honest, I don't think anyone, including Trendy, is satisfied where the game is at this time. This is a work in progress. It's in alpha, and as such, we can expect huge, sweeping changes to just about everything. I think the line in the sand is not if its good enough, but whether it's worth the time, effort and money to work through the process with Trendy in hopes of having an awesome game 7-8 months from now. 

Many posters in these forums feel all of their requested changes should have been done yesterday. Sometimes, they are right, when considering some decisions that have been made. Sometimes they are not. I feel many posts are 'what have you done for me lately?' as opposed to 'where do we go from here?' As a tester, who has paid to play, I think most posts should ask the latter. 

Come the end of the year, I suspect we start to see more definitive info regarding pricing . Gameplay is the important thing here now. Trendy only needs a small group to play test the game, offer feedback, grow the game into a user-friendly experience out of the box at Christmas. At which time, I think lower prices are likely in the cards.

I couldn't agree more with gigazelle.

Covered everything, all my opinions... Some of this stuff pointed out was a problem since early access before the character wipe.

To the heroes price.. I have to say... If a player wants to do this 100% legit, its a huge turn down... Looking at a months work of quests and grinding, pointless and boring if you are just going to do the same for every single one of them.

I have played nearly 300 hours... I read the majority of the comments... and I do have to say... Some people here haven't been playing nearly as long as the the original poster (gigazelle) or currently as old as the several defense counsels. I discourage those who are complaining when they are fairly new, and they have no idea what early access was like... Don't get me wrong, it has improved a lot. But Trendy asked for the defense counsels feedback, they asked for ours, and we are giving it, but I myself personally feel ignored. I don't expect issues to be fixed over night. I like to view myself pretty patient. I have coped with Trendy's decisions, like or dislike, and stuck with them. I can't force myself to play the game anymore, and pay for features that I can find in cheaper and more completed games.

Now what really gets me is that several points are pointed out repeatedly and they have been set aside for so long, some perhaps too long. Theres some that are minor, some moderate, some even major. Even on dev streams, I noticed they barely mention or barely point out bugs people are talking about, and said they would fix soon, and it feels like many weeks or months later till it is actually fixed.

Many defense counsel players don't even play anymore... Even myself (I'd say just short of 2 years) have been playing this game based off of future hope and development of the game. Many of us have been supporting Trendy for ages (Bought DD1, Early Access, Skins, Extra Bags).Now why are the majority of the experienced DD1 players and defense counsels not playing the game as much, or at all? We have experienced players on one side going "meh" but one side (which the majority haven't even thoroughly played DD1 or reached NM4 Yet) going "whats wrong?" and very quick to back Trendy. Yet vice versa also, I notice several complaints from new players who haven't even scratched the surface of the game.

I really think they should reconsider where the game is heading, perhaps make it more strategic and not strength vs strength, perhaps remove the level cap or extend it, because I feel the recent releases of new maps, some new gear here and there, and more heroes, able to level all heroes at once (Very Pointless For Experienced Players), and not to mention that after NM4, you sir are in a loop hole of doing the same thing over, and over, for no point at all, whereas to DD1 the game progressed with you with no limitation really (to a certain point it turns over really OP). Are new maps, a few cool items, and pointless xp gains for maxed out level 50 heroes, new heroes that eat your wallet or spend forever grinding for outweighing the negative effects that its having on several people?

How many people have actually been playing this game ever since it was released? How many people here claim that grinding for gear or for new heroes for hours on end are out there right now doing just that? Perhaps I'm being a bit biased here. This wall of Text here is merely observation and opinions I've held back for quite some time now.

I honestly can't wait till the full game comes out. I bet spending many hours playing this game, and being here with DD2 and Trendy since its very beginning will pay off eventually. Although I might be upset with decisions they make, and may have different opinions then several people in the community and Trendy itself. I have been supporting and been loyal to Trendy since they released DD1 on xbox360 despite on some things I Have commented before. But I honestly, I currently can't force myself to play DD2 at its current state.

Yet my opinions on the subject are biased. I love Trendy and Dungeon Defenders... I have nothing held or against any players or Trendy for that matter... And I'll stick around here and there to see if things get better or not... I'm sure they will over time... 

@iSkeptical quote:We have experienced players on one side going "meh" but one side (which the majority haven't even thoroughly played DD1 or reached NM4 Yet) going "whats wrong?" and very quick to back Trendy. 

No. We have the majority of DD1 players who are quitting, and the majority of new players who quit almost immediately... You just don't see the massive amount of new players who don't stick because they don't care about this game and never talk about it.

@braydon quote:

@iSkeptical quote:We have experienced players on one side going "meh" but one side (which the majority haven't even thoroughly played DD1 or reached NM4 Yet) going "whats wrong?" and very quick to back Trendy. 

No. We have the majority of DD1 players who are quitting, and the majority of new players who quit almost immediately... You just don't see the massive amount of new players who don't stick because they don't care about this game and never talk about it.

I have talked to several fairly new players in game.. not on the forums... In game there is a lot of hate in the chat sometimes...

In response to iskeptical

I believe both you and gigazelle both present good points. I hope they implement them all. I hope that trendy  continues in the path that you have watched it follow. Prioritization of items of the list giga made, is undoubtedly coming close. From what I understand, there were some game breaking stuff going, and still is for some. Yeah had to change their game plan bringing ps4 back in house ( there's a user base of about 30mill I think) That has delayed progress for you guys. 

Destiny forums were filled with posts like these for 18 months after official release. Everyday, I read them, people wanted to see heads roll. Now, Destiny is a well rounded, beautiful game, that is highly enjoyable with multiple avenues to endgame gear, which keeps people engaged.