Sign in to follow this  
gigazelle

Negative customer experiences and brutally honest feedback

Several weeks ago I made a few heated posts regarding the Abyss Lord's pricing. The points I made were regarding how the price/medal tag discourages new players to play, and discourages existing players to come back. These players see the current model as "New hero update! Come play him! ...After you fork over $15 or several weeks of your life!". Every person that opens the game is a potential customer, and new heroes is going to be a major driver of these potential customers. Seeing the price tag is a great way to make them close the game, especially if the reason why they installed it was to play that new hero.

As I am not one to go back on my word, I have not opened the live version of the game since that time. And now that I've missed out on all those defender medals, I have no desire to obtain the EV02 if she comes with the same price/medal tag. It's content that only caters to 1) those who  are already playing; or 2) those who see spending $15 on a single character is somehow worth it. Despite me owning 12K gems, and seeing that I don't fall into either of the above buckets, no new heroes are going to convince me that actively playing is going to be worth my time.

I suppose this was the final straw that has been compounding over the last two and a half years actively playing DD2. I'm sick of fighting a seemingly endless uphill battle with Trendy's designers, and sick of playing a game solely on the hope that it will be fun in the future. In order for me to again become an active player, I want to be convinced that the game won't become DDE: Electric boogaloo. Resolving the following concerns would resolve most, if not all, of my concerns with the game right now:

• Resolve the negative experience of players being greeted with a price/medal tag of the very hero that enticed them to install/return to the game. In an ideal world, I'd love to see all heroes be part of the free content that's regularly added. I'm not asking for handouts for the sake of being a cheapskate - as mentioned above, gems are not an issue for me. Monetization mechanics are already all over the place in this game, most of which are ethical and agreeable. Removing one to increase active players would be much more advantageous than trying to milk the existing dwindling playerbase. I just can't see this game taking off with the current monetization model, and the catacombs update not even making a blip on active players only reinforces that vision.
  • Resolve the negative experience of players spending medals/gems on lockbox keys, only to find a duplicate that is utterly worthless. That right there is a 100% loss for the consumer, and a great way to stop them from ever spending gems again. I'd personally like to see all costumes, accessories, and lockboxes integrated with steam inventory and available on the steam community market. Regularly releasing lockboxes containing different cosmetic items, especially lockbox-exclusive items, would most certainly keep players engaged by allowing them a small amount of profit on the community market. Active players could use medals to unbox accessories, sell those accessories on the market, or trade those accessories for items in other games like TF2. Creating value from playing the game is huge, and not to be underestimated.
  • Resolve the negative experience of players spending gems on premium pets, only to find that their gems were spent on a green-quality pet. Seriously, just remove gear quality from pets altogether. And while you're at it, remove it from accessories and costumes too. They currently only exist to detract from an otherwise positive customer experience.
  • State how you intend to increase the level cap with the current ipwr system. I've asked this question at least a dozen times, and not once has it ever gotten an answer. Levels 1-49 have an ipwr range of around 10 (meaning two players of the same level are going to have a variance of about 10 ipwr). Level 50 on the other hand has a range of about 500 ipwr. Say next month that the level cap is raised from 50 to 60. How is the ipwr range going to look for players leveling from 49 to 51? Are players all of a sudden going to skip 500 ipwr? Are players going to have to slog through that 500 ipwr like we all did from NM1-4? Or is the level cap forever going to be 50, ipwr continually increase, making XP worthless? All of these routes are dead-ends, and I want to know how this is going to be rectified.
  • Get your crap together regarding passives and skill spheres. Give each of them a distinct and separate purpose, and stick to those rules you make for them. Passive mechanics and skill sphere mechanics are bleeding into each other all over the place, convoluting the intuition the game could offer. Not only that, but they make defenses literally impossible to balance properly.
  • Quit making the game solely health/damage of towers vs. health/damage of enemies. It is not fun, and the fact that nightmare is literally nothing but increased health/damage is just salt on the wound that is lack of strategy. I hope the strat revamp addresses this, but from what I've seen so far, it's still solely strength vs. strength mechanics. Once the community figures out the best combination of towers for each genotype, we're going to be right back to where we are now.
  • Resolve the negative experience where players pigeonhole themselves into a single task in order to be effective. I commonly refer to this as "one-trick ponies", where heroes are utterly useless outside of pressing that one hotkey. The negative experience here is that the more effective your hero is, the less exciting they are to play. Having large purge evil auras are great, but having a monk that's only ever good for pressing 7 is super boring. While leveling up your first hero, all 9 hotkeys are viable, and I'd like to see a stat system structured in such a way that rewards the use of all hero abilities late-game as well.
  • Resolve the negative experience that prevents players from looking truly unique. Costumes are nice, but they make it so I look exactly like everyone else who also owns that costume. I want the look of my heroes to be my own, and with the current costume/accessory restrictions that's just not possible right now. The two things to instantly solve this problem is to turn all costume parts into separate accessories, and allow all accessories to be dyed. And yes, I'm quite aware of the technical limitations surrounding the division of costumes into accessories - it would take a lot of work, but it would most definitely be worth it.
  • Resolve the negative experience that is the entirety of the scavenger and autocollect bags. Seriously, the temporary item box was SO CLOSE to being perfect for gear acquisition - all it was missing was scooping up loot after each wave and sorting by ipwr/item quality. Instead, it was ripped out entirely for the NPC that kifes your gear and autocollect bags that unnecessarily hog bag space. And while autocollect bags did eventually get sorting and loot is scooped after each wave, item management as a whole took two steps forward and twenty steps backward. Bring back the TIB, and let bags be used for storing, not collecting.

Now I have no intentions of abandoning any feedback channels currently open (such as the RPG), as that would be counterproductive to my desires for this game. I want this game to succeed, I really do, it's just gotten to a point where I am no longer going to subject myself to the boredom of DD2 with all of its negative experiences.

I also have no intentions to turn down any opportunity to help Trendy wherever possible within my capacity - Steam Workshop support has been my dream since day 1, and I would be thrilled/honored to help pioneer that workflow when that day comes. Despite my relatively pessimistic view on the current state and direction of DD2, I am not burning any bridges here.

Negative customer experiences are going to single-handedly tear this game apart if they are not resolved before it leaves Early Access. And the worst thing i could possibly do is keep all this feedback to myself, because if DD2 fails, that's a lose-lose for everyone.

Are there any other negative experiences that I left off this list? Do you disagree with any of the above or have alternate suggestions on how to resolve them? 

My biggest negative experience is one I find in OMDU as well and literally the only thing that makes me just alt+f4 the game (never have I quit the game because I saw a 48 dollar costume, gambling boxes w/ duplicates, poopy balance, etc etc) 

Although, I know I can't explain it very well... but here goes nothing; 

It's that moment where one event goes wrong and you immediately lose - no chance for 'fighting back', there's no player-tension, it's just lose.  Ogre jumps too close to crystal, spear chucker pierces a spear through your wall and it gets the crystal, little goblin grenadier pushes past wall and attacks crystal, drakkin projectile travels past wall, kobold flier just says F**K IT and flies right for the crystal, etc etc

I understand there needs to be difficulty and that feeling you, as the player get, when things are tough and you're pushing through it.  But mechanics that are more like gotcha moments - HA, YOU LOSE - are really unfun.  Especially when you're absolutely crushing a map and suddenly it cuts to the animation of your crystal exploding and you find out you lost b/c of some BS.  That burns like none-other because the maps take some time to beat (I hear they're cutting down on the 7 wave bit though in the strategic revamp) 

And I get it, l2p, and I have.  That stuff doesn't happen to me very often on maps after I've played a few times and am able to play around that stuff hard.  But I thought this fell in line with "negative customer experience", so there it is.

gigazelle Nailed it!

Be careful though, now you have made yourself a prime target for white knights. I have pretty much said what you have said so many times that each time I say it, well it has becomes less nice.

My biggest issue with the game is it being in Alpha still, but they want kind of ridiculous prices. Currently as the game is I can't justify spending that type of money in a game that is obviously gouging it's consumers especially with $40 skins. Yes it's optional, however I don't think the game is worthy of those type of prices atm. Maybe give people the option of spending defender medals to acquire them as well? I think 50k would be ideal.

It's the same with characters being $15 a piece, thankfully you can grind them out, but it's quite the deterrent to try and bring back existing players. Remember players have the option to play other games and that's exactly what is happening when they see those type of prices.

Like you it's the principle of the matter, not if I can afford it or not.

At least now their is promise with the strategic revamp coming into play and the Dark Assassin finally making his debut. It gives me hope that we will return to the glory days of DD1. Where the game sold itself based on just how fun and addictive it was to play and in order to succeed srrategy was involved.

All Trendy has to do is not forget about the people who helped make DD1 successful and who have stuck by them through the stupidest of decisions *coughHeroDeckcough* and want them to succeed with DD2, but have no time to sugar coat it or kiss their ass when obvious changes need to be made. 

People who no problem ripping this game apart and give out constructive criticism in how to fix these issues are the people I most respect on here.

I look forward to the day when you can make me go "ya know it is alittle pricey, but the core gameplay is there and I'm constantly challenged by this game and it certainly has the replaybility with a variety of things to do other than looting, so why not?"

I truly haven't been on DD2 since shortly after release of early access for everyone on steam and not just for us councilors. I have to agree with Gig though looking at a lot of those problems he mentioned I have to agree wholeheartedly. I believe that integration with the steam workshop would be fantastic. Do something like the TF2 model of monetization and make the items trendy designs cost an amount, but give the community at large the ability to add costume customization as well. A thing that could be done that we've seen Valve do with TF2 frequently is they will see that a skin in the steam workshop is doing truly phenomenally and they will approach the designer and ask if they would like to sell their skin to Valve to use in TF2 as a paid skin they add stats to. Now keep in mind with cosmetic aspects to DD2 being just that cosmetic it doesn't really work in the same way. That being said I think having the ability for us to spend $ on keys to use on the lock-boxes that we can open to get skins and then turn around and make a profit on our own through the steam workshop would be a great idea, it would definitely bring me back to the game as i would be able to make enough that way potentially to feed my other addictions and that's steam sales :). I haven't done much as it pertains to pets and skill spheres, but I trust Gig has done a lot of work to know what he's referring to. I was not aware also that once you hit 50 you basically turn into a "i only build walls" or "i only build lightning auras" and that's all your class was good for. Please, please, please fix that.

Last 2 points, and a portion of this will be question based, what is the scavenger? How does it work? Auto collect bags? Really? Why not stick with the old model of the temporary Item Box? What was flawed about the TIB that it had to be changed? I also want to look like a pink robin hood with pantaloons instead of tights, and you know what I think I want my character to look like I've tasted the rainbow.

I will close by stating sorry for any misspelling on my part, and for any really really bad typing errors as it pertains to grammar needless to say it was not my strong suit in school.

I am with giga on this, I recently redownloaded DD2 and was looking forward to trying out the new hero. Seen i had to pay for it or spend ages farming and just uninstalled DD2. You can argue that in DD1 we had to pay for heroes as well but the price tag was no where near $15...

Amazingly $15 dollars for a new character is reasonable to me and combined with the fact you can get it free with some grinding. I used to play league of angels (PC) where that was $500 dollars per character looking back that was crazy. 

$40 dollars for a skin is over the top - Trendy. 

Extra characters should be special and not given free without some effort - reward scheme. 

The only negativity I see is from the spongers who complain at having to put their hands in their pocket to support Trendy in developing the game. 

What next you will be expecting free sweets from your local shop so everyone can taste the delicious delights.  

Personally I love the game and the direction it's going lucky none of you tight gits run a business be bankrupt in no time 🐷

-Resolve the negative experience of players being greedy and wanting everything for free. 🙌

Study hard - get a job/paper round.m

Cut the lawn for mom/dad - pocket money. 👌🏻

@SwitchbladeUK quote:

Amazingly $15 dollars for a new character is reasonable to me and combined with the fact you can get it free with some grinding. I used to play league of angels (PC) where that was $500 dollars per character looking back that was crazy. 

$40 dollars for a skin is over the top - Trendy. 

Extra characters should be special and not given free without some effort - reward scheme. 

The only negativity I see is from the spongers who complain at having to put their hands in their pocket to support Trendy in developing the game. 

What next you will be expecting free sweets from your local shop so everyone can taste the delicious delights.  

Personally I love the game and the direction it's going lucky none of you tight gits run a business be bankrupt in no time 🐷

-Resolve the negative experience of players being greedy and wanting everything for free. 🙌

Study hard - get a job/paper round.m

Cut the lawn for mom/dad - pocket money. 👌🏻

Did you even bother to read Giga's post?

At all?

Giga's got 12k gems already. Paying isn't the issue. Paying THAT much for one hero *is*.

This is why I've been getting less and less active on these forums. The ignorance, willful or otherwise, is too aneurysm-inducing for me to bother with it when I get enough of that crap with stupid clients that bumble into my office every day.

Not really was over the top Zzzzz. Yeah and 12k gems, well buy the bloody character then. That much, that's not expensive.

Sooo, how would u make a profit in this situation lay down your proposal like your dealing with a client - big shot 🙀  

Sounds like you would benefit from a change of career 👍 

with the weekends with 3 dailies per day it isn't as hard as you think to get 10k medals. it's like 9x200 medals per weekend, 4x 200 at the rest of the week and 2k from the monthly. I also got 10k gems and paying for the AL with gems was to expensive imo. There is also a strategic revamp in the near future and some of the issues you wrote down will be solved there. If you don't feel like playing the game right now than don't. The game is far away from perfect but you can see improvement here and there and i think they are on a good way

Completely agree on all points, thought I would give support to it for such a good write up of pretty much exactly what's wrong with the whole thing at this point.

I've been hovering around DD2 myself even as a defense councilor and you hit the nail on the head about why I don't really feel the pull to come back and play that much. I've pretty much experienced the first three myself, getting a green pet skin, getting dupes from a lockbox (that was thankfully refunded during the wipe), and the pretty steep price for a single hero that puts it into cheap game territory, aka you could buy complete games for that price, even AAA titles on sale.

As for your other points, it's hard to comment on due to not being around too much lately, but I definitely agree on the ones that have been around for awhile like only really feeling like a numbers game much more so than DD1 and Skill spheres being a kind of weird to work around addition.

I am surprised noone is talking about the matchmaking problems this game has.

-the difficulty of joining other peoples party

-the fact that every fresh lvl 50 can join a nm4 map

-the absence of some kind of rating/report system for toxic players and trolls.

i think 90% of the good dd2 players only play private, maybe with some friends, because of all the problems public matchmaking has.

Last 3 times i played public i build gates inc. Then some players join. some come to level their lvl16 chars, some just afk on the spawn, and 2 times i got votekicked from the map i build solo.

There is just not a single reason to play public games in my eyes.

Yes, there are people who are ok with high price heroes - but about 200 people buying everything for every price won't help the game to survive.

I wish I could disagree but Gigazelle stated all the major problems I can think about. (well, there are also problems regarding matchmaking and an ignore list but according to the last devstream this will be implemented)

Costumes: They look mostly good but their functionality is inferior.

When costumes first have been released I was totally surprised because for me it was totally common for the costumes to be separate pieces that can be mixed with other sets. (not to mention the totally worthless Defense Council accessoire because of that lack of functionality)

If they would only seel full costume sets but let us mix it as we want... I would finally purchase that stuff. At the moment I have a nice costume for each of my hero and every new costume is senseless to me.

Steam trading items? Well... this would give me a reason to open lockboxes. Maybe rare items etc. ...this would make me even buy keys for gems.

I don't even care about the fact that new heroes are to be purchased. The price itself is discouraging. Yesterday and today I logged into the game because I wanted to try if the April monthly could really be done within 2 days (yes, it is possible) and now I have 5k medals from two days playing plus 2 newsletter codes. This makes me think the medal price is ok. The gem price is ridiculous. A price for stuff that can also be unlocked by playing has to be encouraging like "f**k it, I just buy it". the break-even-point will be a lot lower once the purchases are trippled.

@Dreizehn quote:

Yes, there are people who are ok with high price heroes - but about 200 people buying everything for every price won't help the game to survive.

I wish I could disagree but Gigazelle stated all the major problems I can think about. (well, there are also problems regarding matchmaking and an ignore list but according to the last devstream this will be implemented)

When costumes first have been released I was totally surprised because for me it was totally common for the costumes to be separate pieces that can be mixed with other sets. (not to mention the totally worthless Defense Council accessoire because of that lack of functionality)

If they would only seel full costume sets but let us mix it as we want... I would finally purchase that stuff. At the moment I have a nice costume for each of my hero and every new costume is senseless to me.

Steam trading items? Well... this would give me a reason to open lockboxes. Maybe rare items etc. ...this would make me even buy keys for gems.

I don't even care about the fact that new heroes are to be purchased. The price itself is discouraging. Yesterday and today I logged into the game because I wanted to try if the April monthly could really be done within 2 days (yes, it is possible) and now I have 5k medals from two days playing plus 2 newsletter codes. This makes me think the medal price is ok. The gem price is ridiculous. A price for stuff that can also be unlocked by playing has to be encouraging like "f**k it, I just buy it". the break-even-point will be a lot lower once the purchases are trippled.

Oh so making it pretty much free will help the game survive will it :)  Poor developers better take a pay cut.  

Seriously it's not  a high price seeing the game will be free.  Don't pay get it for free just takes longer - FairPlay.  I mean they haven't charged for maps either.  

@SwitchbladeUK quote:

Oh so making it pretty much free will help the game survive will it :)  Poor developers better take a pay cut.  

people need to stop spreading this BS

If anyone out there is trying to deliberately turn a profit on a product that's nowhere near completed they should be, rightfully, criticized for their poopy business

And you might be wondering how do people get money to do things like that?  Well, it's called investing.  Maybe you have an angel investor, maybe you yourself have a lot of money to splurge on an idea, maybe you sell your soul to venture capitalists, maybe you run a kickstarter, maybe you ask some god damned banks for a loan

but you know what you don't do?  You don't ask your loyal fanbase (the only thing you've got of value) to pay out of pocket premium $ values for an unfinished product

Games in development shouldn't fail because they don't generate enough money during development.  That's what investors/loans/etc are for.  This is like being bewildered that people don't want to pay rent to live your, still in construction, house

@SwitchbladeUK quote:

@Dreizehn quote:

Seriously it's not  a high price seeing the game will be free.  Don't pay get it for free just takes longer - FairPlay.  I mean they haven't charged for maps either.  

I assume you haven't properly understood my post. By making something you haven't understood ridiculous you are not helping yourself appearing serious.

I have mentioned a break-even-point. (if this is new for you and you're interested you can learn about it here) This is essential for calculating purchases no matter if it is about the gaming industry or any other vending sector.

If prices are too high a company benefits more from purchases. Crux of the matter is to find the perfect price which increases interest in purchase while keeping the price at a reasonable level.

Especially online purchases happen mainly because people see a price of 'not that bad' and don't have more to do than just do a few clicks. By keeping prices rather low it is about attracting people who have originally intended to unlock it by playing.

Nobody is asking for any free stuff. Personally I'm not even interested in the Abyss Lord at the moment. This discussion is about DD2 and how to keep customers playing. 

None of us benefits when the majority of players are leaving the game and the small rest of paying players can't keep the game alive because of the small playerbase. ...but that's actually clear by reading the first thread in this topic.

Suppose what your saying is don't release the game until  it's finished. 

That would be a shame.  

It's finished enough for me :) give or take few annoying bugs  

It's actually more like my newly constructed house and people complaining the doors are squeeking and they have to pay to have a phone line/electricity and gas ;) 

@SwitchbladeUK quote:

15$ is more than it costs for many better games... Almost enough for DD1, more than enough if it's on sale. Sanctum 2 and orcs must die 2 are still better action tower defenses and cost 20$ a piece, less with sales... Ya 15$ a character is ridiculous.

@Dreizehn quote:

@SwitchbladeUK quote:

@Dreizehn quote:

I assume you haven't properly understood my post. By making something you haven't understood ridiculous you are not helping yourself appearing serious.

I have mentioned a break-even-point. (if this is new for you and you're interested you can learn about it here) This is essential for calculating purchases no matter if it is about the gaming industry or any other vending sector.

If prices are too high a company benefits more from purchases. Crux of the matter is to find the perfect price which increases interest in purchase while keeping the price at a reasonable level.

Especially online purchases happen mainly because people see a price of 'not that bad' and don't have more to do than just do a few clicks. By keeping prices rather low it is about attracting people who have originally intended to unlock it by playing.

Nobody is asking for any free stuff. Personally I'm not even interested in the Abyss Lord at the moment. This discussion is about DD2 and how to keep customers playing. 

None of us benefits when the majority of players are leaving the game and the small rest of paying players can't keep the game alive because of the small playerbase. ...but that's actually clear by reading the first thread in this topic.

Just out of interest can I see your evidence and statistical proof that the majority of players have left the game. It could be that your simply a 🐏Sheep following the crowd so must be true   

Don't get me wrong, people like you keep the game alive. Even though the devs make decisions that are in my opinion plainly wrong, they still get monetary support. That's good.

The sad part is you are not reacting to arguments and keeping your posts insulting because you don't understand the posts. I did not realize you are simply trolling and thought you're interested in discussions.

We should not let feedback threads become troll threads. This is not helping Trendy.

The best thing we can do is share and discuss our opinions. Those who are not capable of doing so are free to practice it. That's what internet forums are here.

Anyway, the thread has been created, some very good points have been written down and the responsible persons will read it. ;-)

It's not trolling  it's my opinions. I have the right to challenge any ideas :) 

Are you saying If I don't agree I am a troll ?? 

Everyone is  so negative 

There are true parts to the initial posting but I decided to challenge a particular area. 

Rolling  a green pet on purchased eggs is just one :) 

@SwitchbladeUK quote:

It's not trolling  it's my opinions. I have the right to challenge any ideas :) 

Are you saying If I don't agree I am a troll ?? 

I am sending you a PM so I don't spam here.

@SwitchbladeUK quote:

Just out of interest can I see your evidence and statistical proof that the majority of players have left the game. It could be that your simply a 🐏Sheep following the crowd so must be true   

Keep in mind those figures include multiple DD2 Events as well. Roughly 2k and shrinking for a free game.

The rest of your comments in the last 48hrs are pretty transparent and laughable so there's little reason to respond. I would like to share a little history about gigazelle though. 

When TrendyEnt decided to pivot away from the moba I remember him being one of the first and most active members of the community to join The Defense Council. There's a reason why he has that giant crest next to his forum name; gigazelle would spend every waking day contributing to the community almost like an ambassador for DD2. For. Two. Years.  

Look at his post history and you will see a treasure trove brimming with ideas and concerns. Which is why his critiques don't deserve a series of drive-by's but an actual dialog.  

Steam inventory integration may not be something Trendy will ever be interested in, but there are an array of other long term lingering issues which deserve criticism.  

Truthfully, after taking almost a year break from the game myself, the progress they've made doesn't feel minimal, but linear. Still spinning wheels over the same things.

It may be because Trendy has spent the last two years dealing with distraction after distraction inside the company. From multiple layoffs, to killing side projects like Playverse, to settling out of court with one of the creators of dungeon defenders (who now develops  Ark: Survival Evolved) but that shouldn't be an excuse. Any developer would kill to have 2+ years of development time (not even including the moba) and DD2 in its current state still feels like it's on a tightrope. 

Regardless, Gigazelle has stuck around and remained active. Being one of the most respectful and friendly members of the community. So before your next drive-by take a moment of introspection and make sure your thought is actually constructive, or is it only looking to shrink an already small community of fans. 

It would be nice if on the next development stream the developers actually addressed gigazelles concerns plus things like progress on matchmaking, trading, etc. I'm not interested in another moba hero port infomercial but learning about the future of the DD2.

Thanks for the reply I will save the majority of that for bed time it's sure to send me off 💤

My thoughts were constructive I don't have to agree with anyone.  He could have the queens Royal Crest stamped on his behind ,doesn't make a difference.  On that note I would like  to mention that I have a back woodmans badge from the Boy Scouts ;)

Anyway getting carried away with 1 or 2 points I disagreed with.  Leave it now 🕷

@Jothi92 quote:

I am surprised noone is talking about the matchmaking problems this game has.

-the difficulty of joining other peoples party

-the fact that every fresh lvl 50 can join a nm4 map

-the absence of some kind of rating/report system for toxic players and trolls.

i think 90% of the good dd2 players only play private, maybe with some friends, because of all the problems public matchmaking has.

Last 3 times i played public i build gates inc. Then some players join. some come to level their lvl16 chars, some just afk on the spawn, and 2 times i got votekicked from the map i build solo.

There is just not a single reason to play public games in my eyes.

"..., and 2 times i got votekicked from the map i build solo." 

Sorry bro...That just made me LOL...literally! That sucks that it happened & would make me upset, but it still made me laugh. I rarely go into public matches myself. I only go into town if I feel like a change of scenery. The other reason why I don't go into town (especially after this last update of catacombs) is because of the LAAAAAAAAG!!! It's been SUPER SLOW!! I have not seen this kind of lag in ages!...At least in the North America server anyway.

I'm with the OP largely. Although, please correct me if I am wrong, can't we buy characters with gems? Even Abyss Lord? If so, then the OP can use his existing gems to "buy" him.

At any rate, Overall I enjoy the game & I am REEEEEEALLY hoping for great things with the strategic revamp! That can make or break the game.

What you talking about ?? I believed it's a fair price for new character.  That is my argument sounds obvious to me. PM me if u need  me to dumb it down ;)

It's ok you can sting :) I can take it