Sign in to follow this  
sozieqt

Nerf Dragolich

150% bonus damage from all sources, wide and long range cone with 6 seconds duration and 12 seconds cooldown is way to over powered.

When I have this, any other pet makes no sense to use.

Nerf this allready.

Please heart and comment if you agree.

The game would be more balanced without the Dragolich for sure but, that horse has well and truly bolted.

Emoji_TNT.png

If your character build is jenk then it will only be bonus damage to jenk damage.

I'd much rather see other pet abilities be made more viable for example, or given more utilitarian potential. 'Dragon Protection' increases a towers max HP, but doesnt increase it's current HP to match the increased maximum - effectively all this does is allow you to repair marginally faster on effected defenses for a few seconds - there is no protection. 

Field of swords, poor damage AoE that lasts for 20 seconds and has a cooldown of 2 minutes. Wut.

Providing light tower stat boosts on pet abilities, Aoe snares, damage type modifiers (fire/lightning/water), might be potential alternatives. But the multitiude of moderate damage abilities on low cooldown that have little combo potential are what really makes drago look so nice - there are few alternatives to even consider.

Playing a damage focused active deck of an abby builder, an abby dps, a tanky/AP squire, and a dps huntress I'm enjoying 3 maelstroms in deck (Abbys and squire) providing  total lane lock-down for one lane, or heavy suppression in multiple lanes - And 1 poison tipped huntress. In group play, only 1 person needs to pop draco on the boss, with poison tips being coordinated between the other 3 players, tips could theoretically be upkept 100% of the time on all players.

Instead of nerfing things why not buff the things that are not viable? Why would you want to make something thats strategically viable become just as useless as everything else? That logic is why DD2 is mechanically terrible compared to DD1.

I agree with [[99236,users]] a lot of pets in DD2 are completely useless. Theres only a few pet abilities that outshine the rest. Oh & their dps, lol its a joke.

In DD1, there were several very useful familiars. They were all very powerful & there was never one that outshone the rest. The dps too was even substantially better, it mattered & your pets actually did damage!

There needs to be a lot of changes for all familiars to be on par with dragolich though, like a difficulty increase.

IF we do go with your plan to nerf dragolich, pets will be a joke. The best ones will be the kind that increase your hero speed lol. all pets will be hella boring & will just be a simple piece of gear that gives us stats.

Besides, people will always go with the next best thing. If dragolich is crap then everyone will do poison tips & then ppl like you will cry on the forums saying its too overused because it OP. Atleast Dragolich is a little harder to obtain so it gives something for players to want & strive for as there is little to nothing like that in the game currently

Sidenote: Recent testing showed they nerfed Void Tendrils and Stranglethorn pet abilities too; My DPS huntress was getting  nearly 20k per tick of damage from it over several seconds and snaring many mobs in a lane it was a viable (But no the greatest) pet to run for huntress

Now I get about 3k damage ticks on it. It's gross. At least  I can put it on an Abby and keep a lane held down while pelting it with overpowered abyss stones. But for snaring I'd rather use bearkira, who does less damage per tick but has a more powerful slow (Ever seen an ogre jump animation slowed down so much it's still jumping long after the maelstrom has ended? Glorious.) I'm pasting some of the DD1 pets below for no particular reason, other then to jog ideas, and remind/inform.

Pixie; Heals the player over time, it's active is an AoE heal around the player. Good if you're trying to loot with a low health character.

Fairy; Increases your movement speed. Its active ability makes your ranged attacks lock on to a target for 15 seconds but they deal reduced damage. (After about 2.6k OAP it actually increases damage)
Genie; Restores mana to the player as they deal damage. It's active doubles the chance of enemies dropping mana and doubles the amount dropped.
Imp; Passivly heals nearby towers. It's active gives nearby towers a large damage boost for 10 seconds with a 30 second cooldown
Monk Animus/Guardian; Active grants you 50% evasion and 25% movement speed for 30 seconds. 180 second cooldown
Apprentice Animus/Guardian; Active doubles your mana capacity (Not your actual mana) for 60 seconds. 180 second cooldown
Huntress Animus/Guardian; Active refreshes the cooldown for hero abilities. 180 second cooldown
Squire Animus/Guardian; Active grants you 50% damage reduction for 30 seconds and if you get killed (or when it runs out) you are fully healed instead. 180 second cooldown