Sign in to follow this  
KnowsNoLimits

Dragolich Confirmed for May's monthly mission

Kudos to Trendy on this one.

Now people who never had the chance to get this guy can enjoy it.

I hope Monthly pets are eventually brought into the game to be purchased with defender medals in the pet section. There's no reason for pets to be that exclusive imo.

Read it in the latest dev log.

I can't be the only one that enjoys reading it?

Gives you good insight in what they are working on currently and what things to look out for.

It is a good pet for DPSers. I dont really need it since I got 2 Bearkiras, 2 Curse Aura and a Dragolich already. Probably will just keep it for a later hero.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Gives you good insight in what they are working on currently and what things to look out for.

I skimmed through most of it lol, lost my attention when I saw the pretty lava pictures

@Dewkin quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

I skimmed through most of it lol, lost my attention when I saw the pretty lava pictures

Fair enough, pretty much the same as well.

I was like meh saw this map last dev log, how about showing off these new enemies you seem to be teasing?

Oh well seeing more of EVE2 was nice at least.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

I hope Monthly pets are eventually brought into the game to be purchased with defender medals in the pet section. There's no reason for pets to be that exclusive imo.

I disagree HARD;D

I would hate for all monthly pets to be purchasable for medals. 

They should be something to work for.

They certainly should not be a exclusive once and never able to get it again.

But personally. I would want them to be achievements .

Never felt that excitement of getting a chicken in DD2.. 

I feel if they want to continue with unique monthly pets, that has unique abilities .They need to make them a annual event. 

This pet will occur on X map/achievement every year.

If they want to keep shipping out monthly SKINS for PETS. I feel those should be a one and only.

Reward players that play the game.

Keep abilities and skins separate. 

Keep abilities unique, but don't make them as OP as dragolich. Make them fun, useful  and competitive. But not OP.

As an example I would of bought the fire huntress skin if it was a one off event time of thing. It's not like they couldn't of just changed the color next year.

Again, reward the players that play the game currently. 

Going down the path that everything has to be available to any new player ever entering the game will not go well in this type of game.

To clarify I want Trendy to release one and only hero skins, pet skins and tower skins. But keep unique pet abilities as rewards to specific maps.(Make it a rare drop!)

A game with zero exclusive stuff does not encourage me to pay or play. 

Make it visual. It does not have to be too crazy, but make it different. And please make a good portion of it be actual in game rewards, not all  pay X get Z.

PandynatorDD

I still think everyone should be entitled to all pets and stand by my idea of selling them.

If all your incentive to play the game is to have a special pet then you are playing the game wrong. I agree with having unique rewards though achievements, so here's hoping that DD2 challenges will bring exactly that.

Until then no one should be penalized for not being able to get a pet because they have real life responsibilities or came into the game later.

Monthly's are a joke anyway. So anyone who has these pets isn't impressing me either, because it's certainly not hard to earn them. It's just adds to the grind and trying to hide the fact that the real problem is lack of a real end game.

Trust me when you have that, you will have plenty of incentive to play DD2 and would care less about pets being purchasable for Defender medals.

I could care less how we acquire unique pets. However, the current system does penalize players that join the game late. My suggestion would be that they keep the current system and maybe sell them for hero medals and/or gems after the monthly quest ends.

I think Monthly Pets for Medals is a bad idea personally. The Monthlies aren't that difficult to accomplish and it should be a motive to reward players who stick with the game. You should space out the requirements each session you come on so you don't go overboard. I do this every Monthly and I usually end up completing it in 1-2 weeks.

However, they should aim for requirements that actually don't take doing Onslaught on a low difficulty to pull off (which always cheesed me off). like make it so NMX is required.

Great... whats next ? Bring back limited time skins too ? I guess on the bright side ill have 2 for that instant self stacking swap... haha

@Pegazul quote:

Great... whats next ? Bring back limited time skins too ? I guess on the bright side ill have 2 for that instant self stacking swap... haha

I think I heard somewhere that if you use a familiars ability & then switch to another hero with the same familiar ability that it will still be on cooldown. Could be wrong, ill look back on the patch notes

Edit: this is what it was, "Fixed an issue where hotswapping heroes cancelled out pet ability cooldowns."

I agree with Pandy.

Monthly pet skins should be exclusive.

As for the abilities they should go into the reroll pool imo.

Good to see people can get them next month but a month later well have the same complaints rolling in

Another dragolich is a pretty ***y answer to the actual problem that dragolich is superior to everthing else and if you missed out on the monthly you get punished for it because the ability is such a huge power boost.

They need to just nerf it, adding it in another monthly mission feels like adding a sad band-aid to a festering wound.

@ClaytonBigsby quote:

Another dragolich is a pretty ***y answer to the actual problem that dragolich is superior to everthing else and if you missed out on the monthly you get punished for it because the ability is such a huge power boost.

They need to just nerf it, adding it in another monthly mission feels like adding a sad band-aid to a festering wound.

Best username ever haha

The sheer amount of back and forth over exclusive pets in here is staggering and interesting to read.  Keep being heated over the worst feature currently in game.  It's amusing :)

May as well add more lighter fluid to this bbq while I'm here... Everyone in favor of them being eternally exclusive is wrong.  You had multiple months to reap any benefit from it being exclusive and you acquiring it.  That right there paid for your time spent grinding for it (not to mention all the other rewards you got for completing those monthlies).  The entitlement over pets is beyond fn dumb.  I have 2 dracs and I'm not in here tossing a hissy about other people getting a second or the possibility of making it nonexclusive.  Honestly, I'm all for it.  Let players who missed out finally get these darned things and drop all the exclusive wankery.  And if we are being real here, grinding a DECENT exclusive weapon takes more time invested than the monthlies yet those are available to everyone if they choose to do so.  So why should we close the doors on pets of all things.  Pets are single-handedly the most poorly implemented and utilized core mechanic in game currently and having some type war over it just baffles me.  Put your e-peens back in your panties and deal with it because odds are they will become available at a later date to all.  Elliot even said so a few times on the streams.  GG bros

[[63897,users]] The voice of reason and this is why you and me get along. We were at the top of our game back then and we still don't mind people having a chance to acquire something they couldn't before.

I too have Dragolich and after his release was the about the time I gave the game a break, however unlike others in this thread I'm happy to see new players acquire him. It's an awesome pet and should be available and enjoyed by everyone.

Anyone who thinks different is exactly what is wrong with the community and is acting like a self entitled brat, pure toxic elitists. Which is sad to want to be an elitist in such an easy game.

Well I'm glad Trendy didn't listen to you guys on this one and I could very well see other Pets like Bearkira returning  in the future and you better believe I will be around to rub the salt in the wounds on that one as well. 

Funny enough i stopped playing on the ps4 and moved to pc because of AL, now apparently dragolich and 2 other pets will be added to mays monthly on ps4, guess where ill be? haha ill be back on the ps4 once dragolich comes in may  (unless trendy trolls) Emoji_JavThrower.png

If dragolich was added to the table I would not want it to be something I could purchase with medals I would want an absurdly rare roll from a dragon/creeper egg

this coming from someone who doesn't have drago

@roboticaust quote:

The sheer amount of back and forth over exclusive pets in here is staggering and interesting to read.  Keep being heated over the worst feature currently in game.  It's amusing :)

can you post proof for the "exclusiv pet" part? it was a monthly pet. now its a monthly pet again.

maybe iam wrong, but can you explain and proof which pets are "back and forth over exclusive"?

you have 2 dracolich, (so you got one for free without doing ANYTHING) and now you are complaining that others can get a second too?

jesus is here one player left who can post feedback without insulting, without raging, without being an elitist?

edit: iam pretty sure i understood something wrong in the post from roboticaust (lack of english)

@Nelly quote:

@roboticaust quote:

can you post proof for the "exclusiv pet" part? it was a monthly pet. now its a monthly pet again.

maybe iam wrong, but can you explain and proof which pets are "back and forth over exclusive"?

you have 2 dracolich, (so you got one for free without doing ANYTHING) and now you are complaining that others can get a second too?

jesus is here one player left who can post feedback without insulting, without raging, without being an elitist?

edit: iam pretty sure i understood something wrong in the post from roboticaust (lack of english)

Yes, I have the illustrious golden drac and the monthly reward one.   And yes you took me wrong.  I was saying it SHOULD be available to all, not be tucked away.  I'm all for it being attainable outside of a monthly somewhere down the line.

The exclusive part refers to people in here arguing they want it to be something only the players who earned it back in November can have.  I do not agree whatsoever with that.  Even if I only had 1 via the monthly like the rest of the players who have that pet atm, I still think we had our fun with him and it shouldn't be an unattainable thing anymore.  Same goes for all monthly pets.  I'm all for them making their way into the game normally, whether it's via event prizes like the last slew of golden pets, added as rare drops to certain maps, or if it's made available via medals.  New players shouldn't be punished by missing out on an event or a monthly.  They should have a theoretical shelf life of exclusivity then be made publically attainable by some means.

@roboticaust quote:

@Nelly quote:

@roboticaust quote:

Yes, I have the illustrious golden drac and the monthly reward one.   And yes you took me wrong.  I was saying it SHOULD be available to all, not be tucked away.  I'm all for it being attainable outside of a monthly somewhere down the line.

The exclusive part refers to people in here arguing they want it to be something only the players who earned it back in November can have.  I do not agree whatsoever with that.  Even if I only had 1 via the monthly like the rest of the players who have that pet atm, I still think we had our fun with him and it shouldn't be an unattainable thing anymore.  Same goes for all monthly pets.  I'm all for them making their way into the game normally, whether it's via event prizes like the last slew of golden pets, added as rare drops to certain maps, or if it's made available via medals.  New players shouldn't be punished by missing out on an event or a monthly.  They should have a theoretical shelf life of exclusivity then be made publically attainable by some means.

So uhh, kinda off topic, but how do you get the golden one? Is it just from the golden dragon egg or something else?

I don't have one, and every time I see some one activate one, hear that howl, ogre health dropping like nothing, I get a bit jealous and left for wanting. So glad to hear it will be available again.  They should make it a different color this time, so it can be differtiated from the December prize.  If I had one already, I would like that.

Yes, it's op.  Should it be nerfed? Probably, just a little, but not too much.

I also like the idea that it should, somehow, be always be attainable, and it should be a skin that should be exclusive.