Sign in to follow this  
keyy<3

[UPDATED] Different Builds + Solo/Group Tips for CATACOMB INC (NM1-4)

Hey guys, after playing the map for a while I took notes of things that would make the game flow faster and smoother.

Tips:

Don't waste your carnival speed and health boost. It's possible to catch all them knights without it. Just chill, relax, and read...

• If you haven't figured out how to cleanse, here goes. Whenever a knight spawns, you'll see a skull icon on your screen. It's either purple, red, or green. All you have to do is activate the four cleansing sword to match the color of that knight. The last person to activate the sword will get the buff. Now passing/touching/running into a knight with the correct color buff, lasting only for 45 seconds, is the only way to make that knight disappear.
  • If you do a quick build, you don't have to cleanse on rounds 1 to 4. The round will end before knights destroy you crystal. If you feel panicky during round 4, cleanse the first few knights that spawned but you shouldn't have to. Rounds 5 to 7 will need cleansing.
  • Left spawns Purple Knight, Mid spawns Red Knight, Right spawns Green Knight. This will always be the case unless TE decides to switch it up in the future.
  • Always exit on the correct path after getting the buff. This will save you a lot of time. Save yourself and don't exit on the right after getting the Purple buff. Just, don't do that to yourself. Remember, right side spawns green knight.
  • The Cleansing Swords follow the order of Purple to Red to Green (then loops) when activating them.
  • The Cleansing Swords go back to neutral on build phase. If you're not feeling lazy, activate each sword at beginning of combat phase. This will help especially on round 6 and 7.
  • Round number also indicates the amount of spectral knights to be spawned (except wave 7)meaning on wave 3 there'll be 3 knights, and on wave 6 there'll be 6.
  • If you get the same color twice, just cycle one of the switches back to the same color and you'll receive the buff.
  • If you're playing as a group. It's best to leave the cleansing to 1-2 person. Unless you're all on discord or teamspeak then 4  people activating at the same time is possible and fun(ny). 2-man cleansing is the best deal in a full group. One player can focus on activating 2 swords on the left and the other player on the right side. Left activator always deal with purple knight, and right activator always deal with the green knight. As for red, whoever gets it can go for it. This will significantly reduce the pressure and stress level on rounds 6 and 7.

That's all the tips I have for now...

Share your own below and I'll update the list. ^^

For a quick build:

If you've played Necrotic Map with a turtle build, you probably already know how slow those hordes take to walk all the way to your defenses. The only solution is to kill them as soon as they spawn

Benefits of this build, killing them as soon as they spawn:

• You save about 1-2 minutes per round.
  • Don't have to cleanse on rounds 1-4, and only need to cleanse 2 knights on rounds 5 and 6, as they disappear as soon as the last mob die. This is especially helpful when you're playing solo.
  • Less chance of death or less chance of getting ran over by mobs or squished by ogre while trying to catch a knight.

Sample Spawn Kill Build: (View Full Image Here)

• 2 dummies or arcane wall
  • 5-6 archers on each side

MwzRwHV.jpg

For a lazy build:

Now there's not much benefit for this build other than it's more laid back since everyone got more time to kill mobs.

Sample "Lazy" Turtle Build: (View Full Image Here)

• 3 arcane wall protecting the crystal
  • 3 serenity auras (optional) to help slow mob and kill ones w/ low hp
  • archers for remaining defense unit

9WoX5Jy.jpg

For a no Abyss Lord Build. No Archer Build:

(View Full Image Here)

Please note, though, that this is a very tough solo build on NM4. It was a struggle especially on rounds 5-7 when a lot boss spawns. Aside from constantly cleansing the knights, you have to constantly check walls and DPS bosses. If you have a group of 4, and three person can each handle 1 lane, and 1 activating the swords, I can see this working better.

• 1 Anti Air or Sky Guard (maxed by round 2)
  • 1 Lightning aura per lane (total of 3)
  • 3 Geyser per lane (total of 9)
  • 2 Frosties per lane, 1 Extra on mid (total of 7)
  • 1 Serenity aura per lane (total of 3)
  • 2 Arcane Barrier per lane (total of 6)

V2BdUOZ.jpg

You don't have to do the exact same build. Play around with the map and find the build that best suits your play style.

Beautiful build.

So It's

3 archers 2 walls 2 archers on top

3 archers 2 wall 3 archers on sides

and if you can't use 20 DU walls, you can remove 1 archer from each side and add 30 DU walls.

From my temporal bad drawing until DD2 planner is updated, you can remove the Archers marked as 1. Then you can add Squire Walls.

catacomb_zpsmrw6yqgg.png

Ok another ugly drawing, this is for the Lazy Build (The one I use the most) it's excellent to play with randoms, you will not need to worry about Crytal.
1- We are using Arcane Barrier, but you can remove the Archer on Center (marked with 2) then use Squire wall.
1- Be sure the wall are not close to the Crystal, a Ogre can kill the crystal with a jump attack.
The archers are placed in the top of the column, there is no way they get damage from anything. Plus in that position they will be able to attack at 360`
There is a variation where you remove the 3 Archers on the respawn, that will grant you 120 DU for 4 Frosties. So you can use one for each side and 2 for center (pointing to sides).

LazyBuild_zpsia1ucqjc.png

I just tried right now and I think arcane wall is best and I know you have one [[141259,users]] ^^

keona hey i just double checked and it does spawn the same as the wave number. I'm thinking your defenses might have killed the mobs (ending the wave) before all knights have spawned. ^^ Except wave 7, it's 5 knights. Unsure why...

i tried the quick build but for some reason my archers kept getting wiped out, the ones at the bottom in the middle of spawners. so i made a slight adjustment and put 5 archers on the walls above with serenities covering spawners, so 2 walls 5 archers and 1 serenity at each spawn point

@Keijii quote:

How much HP on arcane? 
And dps on LA Geysers

keyy's arcane wall is at 350k

dps on LA is 3.6k

geyser isnt really there as dps purpose, but i think it's about the same as mine, which is 3.7k

I love the Lazy build, that one is perfect when playing with randoms, I put them to play with mobs and I stay close to the center checking for any little mob that was able to get close to the shields.

If people want to use Squire walls instead of Arcanes, just remove the Archer on the Top Center (were you respawn) and another tip is, the wall should be far enought to avoid any Ogre to kill the crystal when they jump. That is the only care you need with the Lazy build.

My "Lazy " build has:

13 Skel Archers (Base 22k damage)

3 Squire blockades (Base 300k Health)

3 Frost Towers

3 Purge Auras

The build easily handles the mobs while I run around playing the clicking game.

it seems like the knights that spawn during wave 7 happen at a quicker rate which might explain why there are only 5 spawns.

[[22903,users]] [[141259,users]] Thanks for sharing that. I'll check it out myself.

[ Added Tip ]

• You don't have to cleanse on rounds 1 to 4. If you feel panicky during round 4, then cleanse the first knight that spawned but you shouldn't have to. Rounds 5 to 7 will need cleansing.

Here is a diagram of my layout.

~ 13 Archers (22k Damage Base)  ~ Angle the ones by the Crystal so that they will cover both lanes at 90 degrees.

~ 3 Blockades (300k base) ~ really never need upgrading as they rarely get hit.

~ 3 Purge Auras - The bigger, the better.

~ 3 Frost Towers - with as much Snowstorm/slow as you can get on them.

Handles NM IV Incursion AFK so long as you keep upgrading the Archers between rounds.

@Well_zpsuavdh1bw.jpg

hey phoenixx, they are maxed. and i encourage you to do it. all you need really is staff from harb and def health on other gears. ^^

Thanks [[41175,users]] , hope it somehow helped. ^^

[[22903,users]] thanks much for sharing. Looks good and nice diagram ^^ I'll definitely try that out.