Sign in to follow this  
MVP

Any tips for going from NM4 to NM4 Incursion?

I'm currently trying to close the gap between NM4 and NM4 incursion. Currently I can clear all the waves of NM4 liferoot solo except the last one where it sends 3 ogres your way. However whenever I try NM4 incursion, I just get steamrolled at the very beginning of the first wave.

As of the moment, I have several heroes, including:

-Tower Squire (8.7k cannon, 6.9k ballista)

-Walls Squire (244k hp)

-Trap Huntress (1.9k dps exp traps)

-Dps Huntress (~50k dps with charged proc, 36k without)

-Purge Evil Monk (387% purge evil, 3.2k defense power)

-Freeze Apprentice (+95 frostfire, 27% snowstorm, 30% frosty power)

-Dps Abyss Lord (~30k with just drain, 4.3k ability power)

With the exception of my Freeze App at i580, Monk at i623, and Wall Squire at i608, all my other heroes are sitting at i635-i660.

Does anyone have any tips for NM4 liferoot incursion? My current build is something along the lines of 3 freeze/3 cannons/2 walls+boost/2 serenity per lane, and although I can clear waves decently with my Abyss Lord, my towers just don't have enough damage to kill off any enemies in the lanes I'm not in before they kill my walls. I've tried frosty/traps build, but all the kobolds just rush through my traps and explode at my wall, and my traps don't have enough power to kill off the javelin/t-rexs/anything remotely tanky fast enough.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

@MVP quote:

I'm currently trying to close the gap between NM4 and NM4 incursion. Currently I can clear all the waves of NM4 liferoot solo except the last one where it sends 3 ogres your way. However whenever I try NM4 incursion, I just get steamrolled at the very beginning of the first wave.

As of the moment, I have several heroes, including:

-Tower Squire (8.7k cannon, 6.9k ballista)

-Walls Squire (244k hp)

-Trap Huntress (1.9k dps exp traps)

-Dps Huntress (~50k dps with charged proc, 36k without)

-Purge Evil Monk (387% purge evil, 3.2k defense power)

-Freeze Apprentice (+95 frostfire, 27% snowstorm, 30% frosty power)

-Dps Abyss Lord (~30k with just drain, 4.3k ability power)

With the exception of my Freeze App at i580, Monk at i623, and Wall Squire at i608, all my other heroes are sitting at i635-i660.

Does anyone have any tips for NM4 liferoot incursion? My current build is something along the lines of 3 freeze/3 cannons/2 walls+boost/2 serenity per lane, and although I can clear waves decently with my Abyss Lord, my towers just don't have enough damage to kill off any enemies in the lanes I'm not in before they kill my walls. I've tried frosty/traps build, but all the kobolds just rush through my traps and explode at my wall, and my traps don't have enough power to kill off the javelin/t-rexs/anything remotely tanky fast enough.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

I think the walls are a bit thin, I think just plug away with improvements.  I have base 300k as a T1 Blockade and my Squire gear isn't that great.  I use a boost with Boost Blockade Health large sphere, it will give 25% additional blockade health and even at T1 will lower the damage incoming by 10% (20% at T5).

Can also use an Abyss Fountain with Abyss Fountain of Withering sphere at the main junction to reduce enemy damage by 20%.

Can also use an Apprentice with the Wyvern Den legendary staff which has Weakness Curse which can lower enemy mobs hit in an area to deal up to 40% less damage.

I use one Frost Tower more for the slowing ability rather than the damage boost.  I don't use traps, not sure how viable they are nowadays, haven't used them offensively for some time.  Having good Snowstorm bonuses on staff and relic are important for me, you want to keep things off the walls as much as humanly possible.

I think Skeletal Archers in maps you can utilise the bi-directional firing the Archers are more effective than cannons, they have a longer range, they fire faster and they do more damage, I found getting explosive arrow mods made a significant difference, the problem with cannons is the passives for them aren't that great.

The biggest issue with incursion is wave 1 tends to be significantly harder than later waves to me, Archers scale really well with upgrades.  Once you can get them up to T2/T3 then they start to kick ass.

Realistically join a nm4 onslaught with just your Abyss Lord in your deck and gear for archers once you are IPWR 650+ with him all will be easy.

LIferoot NM4 onslaught. If you get any form of the explosive waves for the first round, restart. Should be inline with your current iPWR. I've had the most success with lighting auras, blockade boost, purge evil, frost, geyser, sky guard, and spikes, with some flamethrower (can be interchanged with explosive traps) sprinkled in for the hell of it. You probably won't be able to clear past round 5 depending on the what the waves are and will probably get wrecked on any wave of explosives but as long as it isn't the first one you should have a fighting chance. 

Make sure you keep a 50 defense mana reserve for repairs no matter what. Keep the faith too, there's no quick way gear up without the carnival wheel.

Looking at your stats you should just farm nm4 for a while to get your gear up.

I couldn't farm nm4 incursion solo until abyss lord came about.   If you change your AL to archers instead of DPS you'll find it so much easier.

@Faking quote:

I couldn't farm nm4 incursion solo until abyss lord came about.   If you change your AL to archers instead of DPS you'll find it so much easier.

Alright I leveled up another AL and put him in archer spec, and was able to clear liferoot NM4 incursion. However I still have the problem that I can't seem to clear it consistently. It seems like my towers just keep getting killed by the drakins/flying kobolds no matter where I put them, and I haven't found a good place to place them where they won't generate too much agro or be in range of the drakins. Do you know any good builds with AL archers in liferoot?

@MVP quote:

@Faking quote:

Alright I leveled up another AL and put him in archer spec, and was able to clear liferoot NM4 incursion. However I still have the problem that I can't seem to clear it consistently. It seems like my towers just keep getting killed by the drakins/flying kobolds no matter where I put them, and I haven't found a good place to place them where they won't generate too much agro or be in range of the drakins. Do you know any good builds with AL archers in liferoot?

I think throne room is probably one of the easiest stages to clear with an archer spec AL and the ipwr on the loot goes up to 700.

@MVP quote:

@Faking quote:

Check it https://dd2.shadowlauch.de/.  But ya find throne a bit earier myself

Alright throne room ended up being way easier, thanks for the help and link guys!